You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JackSparrow_665

The Most Pointless Thread Ever....

11 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

I'll make it quick. I noticed that the Emden has 4 hull mounted guns that you cannot use in-game, yet the Emden has no secondary armament. Why doesn't Wargaming give the Emden secondary armament? (I know this makes no difference whatsoever, which is why it's possibly the most pointless thread).

image.png

Edited by JackSparrow_665
  • Funny 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,369 posts
13,031 battles
38 minutes ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

I'll make it quick. I noticed that the Emden has 4 hull mounted guns that you cannot use in-game, yet the Emden has no secondary armament. Why doesn't Wargaming give the Emden secondary armament? (I know this makes no difference whatsoever, which is why it's possibly the most pointless thread).

image.png

Emdem's actual secondary guns are 5.2 cm/55 (2.05") SK L/55 guns. They are below the minimum caliber that WG represents in game. They would also be completely useless.

• Cool 1

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Emdem's actual secondary guns are 5.2 cm/55 (2.05") SK L/55 guns. They are below the minimum caliber that WG represents in game. They would also be completely useless.

Ah. That makes sense. 

[SIMP]
Members
1,609 posts
36 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Eh, not really.

Even if they only did 1 point of damage when they hit, it could make a difference. I've had matches end with ships with less than 5 health points left.

Those are real 'anti-ship' guns and should be functional - why would they be there otherwise in real life? There are many ships that have these light secondaries (primarily for lightly armored torpedo boat protection). At the tiers these are mounted, just about everything qualifies as lightly armored.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,369 posts
13,031 battles
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

Eh, not really.

Even if they only did 1 point of damage when they hit, it could make a difference. I've had matches end with ships with less than 5 health points left.

Those are real 'anti-ship' guns and should be functional - why would they be there otherwise in real life? There are many ships that have these light secondaries (primarily for lightly armored torpedo boat protection). At the tiers these are mounted, just about everything qualifies as lightly armored.

Unfortunately they would have 8mm of penetration with an HE shell, so they could penetrate the bows on most tier 2 destroyers, a few DD's amidships, and some plating on cruisers. They would have a terrible fire chance, and do about 400 damage base (IOW, 40 points for an HE Pen, they can't citadel anything.) They'd also have something like a 1.7km range. You're gonna get torpedoed before you get to secondary range. They'd also be inaccurate, and with 4 guns per side that's not a lot of shots.

So no, they'd be a waste of server time to calculate the hits, much less everything they're gonna bounce off of.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[SIMP]
Members
1,609 posts
13 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Unfortunately they would have 8mm of penetration with an HE shell, so they could penetrate the bows on most tier 2 destroyers, a few DD's amidships, and some plating on cruisers. They would have a terrible fire chance, and do about 400 damage base (IOW, 40 points for an HE Pen, they can't citadel anything.) They'd also have something like a 1.7km range. You're gonna get torpedoed before you get to secondary range. They'd also be inaccurate, and with 4 guns per side that's not a lot of shots.

So no, they'd be a waste of server time to calculate the hits, much less everything they're gonna bounce off of.

Again, not really.

You actually made a better argument than I could for them with your stats. 40 HE points and a chance (even1%) to start fires? YES PLEASE.

Penetrating the bow on DDs and some CLs? YES PLEASE.

1.7 km range? I routinely see ships at that range or closer in low tier games. so... YES PLEASE.

Again, the small health pools and light armor down at these tiers make EVERY point count. Besides, even if all they did was make noise and shoot smoke, it would still make me feel better than having them only as gun shaped decorations on my ship. And it would certainly help new players to the game and make a better impression on them ("My ship is so cool. It just belches fire everywhere! I love WoWs!" :cap_rambo:).

Edited by capncrunch21

[LSNB]
Members
1,635 posts
4,974 battles

Adding functional secondaries will buff the Emden significantly and turn her into a viable T2 Ranked option.

• Funny 1

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
15 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

I think of a few times where 40 points could have saved my life :Smile_veryhappy:

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,369 posts
13,031 battles
2 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

Again, not really.

You actually made a better argument than I could for them with your stats. 40 HE points and a chance (even1%) to start fires? YES PLEASE.

Penetrating the bow on DDs and some CLs? YES PLEASE.

1.7 km range? I routinely see ships at that range or closer in low tier games. so... YES PLEASE.

Again, the small health pools and light armor down at these tiers make EVERY point count. Besides, even if all they did was make noise and shoot smoke, it would still make me feel better than having them only as gun shaped decorations on my ship. And it would certainly help new players to the game and make a better impression on them ("My ship is so cool. It just belches fire everywhere! I love WoWs!" :cap_rambo:).

Except secondaries aim for amidships, at the water line, where most DD's have 9mm or more of plating.

1 hour ago, destawaits said:

Adding functional secondaries will buff the Emden significantly and turn her into a viable T2 Ranked option.

Now, I'd love some tier 2 ranked, would be a lot more fun than the tier 10 garbage.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
3 hours ago, destawaits said:

Wargaming also took away the torpedo tubes...