You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MaxMcKay

Return the Cleveland's ROF!

80 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts

As most know the Cleveland has had it's ROF reduced due to the impact it was having at tier 6.  Now that it's been moved to tier 8 and so many other ships have a natural higher rate of fire, that's allowed in battle.  I would like to ask to have the Cleveland's ROF returned.  If it's alright to allow premium and similar tiers to a Cleveland to maintain their high rate of fire, with more abilities then a Cleveland, then it is natural that the Cleveland needs to be reviewed again.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 4

[GRAVE]
Members
1,407 posts
19,813 battles
3 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

As most know the Cleveland has had it's ROF reduced due to the impact it was having at tier 6.  Now that it's been moved to tier 8 and so many other ships have a natural higher rate of fire, that's allowed in battle.  I would like to ask to have the Cleveland's ROF returned.  If it's alright to allow premium and similar tiers to a Cleveland to maintain their high rate of fire, with more abilities then a Cleveland, then it is natural that the Cleveland needs to be reviewed again.

are you talking about T6 Cleveland's 8sec reload needing to be buffed or current T8 Cleveland's 6.5sec reload needing a buff? Also, why are you asking to buff the ROF of the cruiser with the highest DPM among T8 cruisers?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,573 posts
15,743 battles

Yes Cleveland is not OP enough, let's change that.

• Funny 1

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
2 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

are you talking about T6 Cleveland's 8sec reload needing to be buffed or current T8 Cleveland's 6.5sec reload needing a buff? Also, why are you asking to buff the ROF of the cruiser with the highest DPM among T8 cruisers?

The clevelands T6 was artifically placed due to DD complaints and BB complaints at the time.

The Clevelands ROF is actually under 5 seconds which is what I'm asking for.  You could fire your front mains and then 1 at a time back down, to be fully reloaded by the time you got back to the front main as well.

• Boring 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,407 posts
19,813 battles
Just now, MaxMcKay said:

The clevelands T6 was artifically placed due to DD complaints and BB complaints at the time.

The Clevelands ROF is actually under 5 seconds

yeah, T10 DPM at T8, great idea. Also, the targeted reload for Cleveland's guns was 6secs, not under 5.

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
2 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Just asking but you do know that there are other ships at tier 8 and up that mock the cleveland right?

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
1 minute ago, tfcas119 said:

yeah, T10 DPM at T8, great idea. Also, the targeted reload for Cleveland's guns was 6secs, not under 5.

yeah alright if that's what you believe was actually what was in game at that time, that's fine you don't have to agree.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,573 posts
15,743 battles
Just now, MaxMcKay said:

Just asking but you do know that there are other ships at tier 8 and up that mock the cleveland right?

I have played almost all silver T8 cruiser (exception being Hipper but I have Eugen which is close to Hipper) and Cleveland is my best performing T8 cruisers while being the cruiser in which I didn't worked hard at all. It is extremely easy to do well in Cleveland thanks to her great DPM and extremely small citadel.

Cleveland in her current state doesn't need any kind of buff. She's plenty strong. If you want Cleveland to get buffed I would suggest you start to git gud.

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
2 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I have played almost all silver T8 cruiser (exception being Hipper but I have Eugen which is close to Hipper) and Cleveland is my best performing T8 cruisers while being the cruiser in which I didn't worked hard at all. It is extremely easy to do well in Cleveland thanks to her great DPM and extremely small citadel.

Cleveland in her current state doesn't need any kind of buff. She's plenty strong. If you want Cleveland to get buffed I would suggest you start to git gud.

No and I'm trying not to get personal on this.  Why is it every other ship hasn't been nerfed like the Cleveland, due to their VERY high ROF.  This is coal ships, tech tree ships, steel ships, and doubloons as well.  So honestly I don't think it's that big of a deal, to request it get reviewed at least.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,475 posts
8,286 battles

Most British and Soviet light cruisers are given very generous rates of fire for their 6" guns. So why can't the US be given the 10 rounds per minute per gun that could be achieved by the 6"/47 Mark 16?

Helena would be a bit OP with that figure but there is no reason her guns should take longer to reload than the higher performance Soviet 6" guns.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,573 posts
15,743 battles

Mogami 155mm reload is 10 sec

Chappayev reload is 8 sec.

Kutuzov reload is 8 sec.

Edinburgh reload is 7.5 sec

Mainz (German T8 CL premium carrying 4x3 150mm guns) reload is 6 sec.

Cleveland reload is 6.5 sec.

There are definitely CL with much slower reload than Cleveland. Cleveland HE damage deal 2200 alpha/shell, which is the same as Chappy and Kutuzov. Mainz shoot faster but her HE alpha is pitiful at 1700 (Daring HE has 1700 HE alpha, Gearing has 1800 HE alpha, Shima has 2150 HE alpha.)

Cleveland is definitely not in a bad spot. I don't know what nerf you're talking about but it is definitely not somethat that powercreeped Cleveland.

Members
1,954 posts
52 battles
26 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

The Clevelands ROF is actually under 5 seconds which is what I'm asking for.

Navweaps lists the historical RoF as 8 - 10 rpm. The current 6.5s reload falls well into that. If you have a source that lists a higher RoF I'd love to know.

Regardless though imo Cleveland performs perfectly fine and isn't in need of a buff.

• Cool 1

[SQUAD]
Members
9,184 posts
11,759 battles
46 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

I refer you to an above post in your thread which states Cleveland already has the highest DPM of the T8 cruisers.

That you are having trouble making it work doesn't mean the ship needs buffs. It means you need buffs.

• Funny 2

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
100 posts
8,777 battles
40 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Kutuzov reload is 8 sec.

There are definitely CL with much slower reload than Cleveland. Cleveland HE damage deal 2200 alpha/shell, which is the same as Chappy and Kutuzov. Mainz shoot faster but her HE alpha is pitiful at 1700 (Daring HE has 1700 HE alpha, Gearing has 1800 HE alpha, Shima has 2150 HE alpha.)

Cleveland is definitely not in a bad spot. I don't know what nerf you're talking about but it is definitely not somethat that powercreeped Cleveland.

You forgot Almafia or how ever you spell it T8 Itailan CA at I think 13 or 15 sec reload or somewhere inbetween wow after sezuire brain sucks for spelling 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,261 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Yes, and in addition let's give it Hydro, Smoke, and a 5.4 km detection range, because poor old Cleveland is suffering so! (CALL 1-800-OH-QUACK)

Nice ship.

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles

If you want Cleveland to get buffed I would suggest you start to git gud.

This^

I suck at anything that isn't a Destroyer. I often times suck at Destroyer too, but that's besides the point.

Cleveland is in a beautiful spot with her performance, even for someone like me. She is easy to play, even with me being an idiot and playing her as a DD rather than as a cruiser. When I do get it right and play her as a cruiser (my stats may not show it because cruiser play is rare for me), I do pretty damn good in her.

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
12 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yes, and in addition let's give it Hydro, Smoke, and a 5.4 km detection range, because poor old Cleveland is suffering so! (CALL 1-800-OH-QUACK)

Nice ship.

Yeah....it doesn't have smoke...11.5 detect by sea...I can go on until we find something that doesn't disprove your entire post?

• Boring 2

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts

Kutuzov reload is 8 sec.

Yes because the Cleveland never ever gets put in an uptier game, with light cruisers and gunboat DD's.

• Boring 1

[SQUAD]
Members
9,184 posts
11,759 battles
10 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

Yeah....it doesn't have smoke...11.5 detect by sea...I can go on until we find something that doesn't disprove your entire post?

Question: Do you actually read the things you quote before you respond? (It appears you didn't, here.)

Asking for a friend.

• Funny 1

Members
6,187 posts
7,976 battles

Kutuzov reload is 8 sec.

This ^

If anything, 155 Mogami is the one that should get a RoF buff. Her current turret traverse speed and RoF are relics from way back when AFT and BFT affected guns up to 155mm.

• Cool 2

[SQUAD]
Members
9,184 posts
11,759 battles
3 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

Yes because the Cleveland never ever gets put in an uptier game, with light cruisers and gunboat DD's.

Ships are balanced by tier, not by match making spread.

[YORHA]
Members
5,192 posts
10,343 battles

It has a powerful radar and hydro that can be mounted simultaneously along with Def AA. It has 12 very accurate guns with a fire chance of 11% with a 15.6 km range and a 9.6 km concealment.  With IFHE it can pen 32 mm armor and it's high shell arcs mean it can fire over almost any island while remaining invisible and untouchable to it's victim. 

This combination means can take on BBs, CAs. CLs, CVs and DDs. 

It is a real all purpose ship that up tiers just fine IF you know how to play her.

Edited by JCC45

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,261 battles
19 minutes ago, MaxMcKay said:

I can go on until we find something that doesn't disprove your entire post?

Did you feel the breeze when the entire point of my post went right over your head? Or are you just as clueless about this as you are about everything else?

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,261 battles
9 minutes ago, TheKrimzonD3mon said:

Asking for a friend.

And I didn't even know you cared, ...(sigh!)

@MaxMcKay is still upset with me because I told him CVs were a bigger issue to the game than HE spam, and apparently it still hurts when he sits. Life is Hard!

• Funny 4

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Did you feel the breeze when the entire point of my post went right over your head? Or are you just as clueless about this as you are about everything else?

Apparently counting on someone being able to think something through beyond their bias, nah no worries there.  I've learned what kind of intellectually challenged individuals like yourself can't ever be wrong.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1