You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Event British commander obtainable without spending money?

37 comments in this topic

Members
3,109 posts
12,432 battles

I just finished the event chain for London, ended up with 882 tokens.  Commander requires 1000 tokens, is it set up so that you have to buy something?

Edited by Ramsalot

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,302 posts
22,510 battles

My guess is if you grind ask the daily missions,  you can get her.   Threat said,  the bar is just high enough to encourage some capital expenditure from a lot of people. 

[SCSA]
Members
27 posts
2,599 battles

I'm in the same boat - you can get 10 tokens a day from victories in London (til Tuesday next week I think someone said?).  Going to be really close though, and I did almost all of the dailies.

[D4DDY]
Members
709 posts
28,965 battles

Use you're credit card. Its just that easy. And if you dont have a credit card get a job and dont be a bum!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,566 posts
20,984 battles

Have you been doing your daily wins in Abermarle? It's the tech tree T8, and yielded 10 tokens/day for first win (shared with London). Might be over now, I haven't checked.

• Cool 1

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,631 posts
10,670 battles
26 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I just finished the event chain for London, ended up with 882 tokens.  Commander requires 1000 tokens, is it set up so that you have to buy something?

No, the 1000 tokens are easily obtainable just playing normally.  If you do/did most of the daily missions and finished the directives then the 1000 tokens are easily obtained.   It also helps if you have the extra 10 tokens per day from the Abermarle which is a tech tree T8 and easily obtained.  Even if you didn't do all the dailys you could still get enough but the room for error was low.  There were 1380 tokens available to be gotten if you had the Abermarle.  There were only 1100 available if not.  That means, if you didn't have the T8, you could still get to 1000 if you missed 10 daily missions.

13 minutes ago, crazycarey said:

Looks like you need to get most if not all the tokens from the daily missions as well.

See above.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,163 posts
22,715 battles
33 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I've been getting the 20 tokens a day for the daily mission chains and just finished the 4th directive. Cunningham is in my port. If you crack the whip you can get 50 (5 days @ 10 each) for the London missions and 100 (5 days @ 20 each) for dailies which will be plenty. That's if the earning opportunities end early Monday morning. Not sure when they end though.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,422 battles

Last day to earn tokens for your daily missions is this Sunday.

The Heart of Oak challenge (10 tokens for a daily victory in London, Albermarle, or Cheshire) has an unknown deadline. There's no date shown in game, or in the news article.

And yes, it was achievable by those who didn't spend any money on this event. I'll be short of the goal by 30 tokens on Sunday because I travel occasionally and missed a few days of game play. Having just earned London yesterday, that translates into 2 days of game play, which would have put me over 1,000 tokens. So I'll have to buy one doubloon crate for the remaining tokens. Fair deal in my mind, I'd rather spend the 4 bucks on Admiral Cunningham than 175k coal.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Didn't spend a dime - Ablemarle for FXP, daily missions, logins and 3 directives ....had him on Monday.

Going for about 400db now.

• Cool 1

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
375 posts
14,668 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Sure, just like Puerto Rico.

• Boring 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,422 battles
9 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Sure, just like Puerto Rico.

I disagree. This event was achievable, even for co-op mains like myself, without spending money.

The Payto Rico event was anything but achievable for dang near the entire player base worldwide.

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,705 battles
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

You’ll need to complete all the daily’s and win one game in the London for 4 more days.  That’s it.

Members
3,109 posts
12,432 battles
1 hour ago, BarneyStyle said:

You’ll need to complete all the daily’s and win one game in the London for 4 more days.  That’s it.

Nah, I don't think so.  It seems they stopped giving tokens for dailys at some point, it only shows port slots for daily rewards now.  So, it's down to getting 10 tokens in London per day, and that won't get me to 1000.  But it's fine, I don't find a need for that commander anyway, was just wondering if I am missing something obvious.  

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
4 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

I finish event, do one match for Heart of Oak am at 968 token.  With daily reset soon I will have kommander today

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,949 posts
47,520 battles
6 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Nah, I don't think so.  It seems they stopped giving tokens for dailys at some point, it only shows port slots for daily rewards now.  So, it's down to getting 10 tokens in London per day, and that won't get me to 1000.  But it's fine, I don't find a need for that commander anyway, was just wondering if I am missing something obvious.  

I was getting tokens for the dailies today.

[Y0L0W]
Members
579 posts
18,797 battles

I got the captain for free. Had to grind most of the daily missions though. 

Members
3,109 posts
12,432 battles
4 hours ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

Use you're credit card. Its just that easy. And if you dont have a credit card get a job and dont be a bum!

I am about to purchase brand new house.  So all extra spending has been put on hold for some time.

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
3 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I am about to purchase brand new house.  So all extra spending has been put on hold for some time.

I know this pain, I just get cut off by tourist, rip front of my car off. So much stress, economy not so good here and shop man say 7,000 kuna to fix. I think will just be sell for scrap now :(

• Funny 1

Members
3,109 posts
12,432 battles
3 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

I know this pain, I just get cut off by tourist, rip front of my car off. So much stress, economy not so good here and shop man say 7,000 kuna to fix. I think will just be sell for scrap now :(

Well, what I am about to spend is about 4,360,000.00 Croatian Kuna...

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
Just now, Ramsalot said:

Well, what I am about to spend is about 4,360,000.00 Croatian Kuna...

omg XD but is home for you for long time so is good

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,934 battles
5 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

There are 1,100 freely available Royal Tokens, so you can't miss very many of the Daily Shipments (over) nor the Daily Chains (ends 2am PST Mon, Mar 9th).

• Cool 1

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles
4 hours ago, Murcc said:

No, the 1000 tokens are easily obtainable just playing normally.  If you do/did most of the daily missions and finished the directives then the 1000 tokens are easily obtained. 

Normal play and easily obtainable mean different things to different people. To someone with 10k battles it might not matter. To others with lives, jobs, children, or just plain burned out etc.. playing an hour or two every single day isn't really feasible. This commander was quite hard to achieve free compared to Sansonetti. Even Kuznetzov was more easily achievable (and most broken).

I don't think most of us would care if the stupid things weren't priced like Tier 9.5 BBs in the Armory. Its basically grind hard or fu.

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,570 battles

You still get tokens for daily missions. Also 10 tokens each day for first battle in London, Cheshire and Albemarle. So that's 30 a day for those three ships. 

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,705 battles
7 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Daily’s end Sunday, and they reset every morning at 530 est I think.