Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pura__Vida

Should there be a stat hiding forum?

19 comments in this topic

Members
6,920 posts
21,437 battles

Where players can get away and talk freely about the game and not worry about being judged on how good or bad their stats are? We have hundreds of posters that hide their stats, at times it's puzzling to determine if they are right or wrong or if they have a ship or if they play it in randoms or co-op. Many have incredibly strong opinions and I find myself questioning myself based on what they say.

I think it would be advantageous to this forum to have a separate sub forum for those that hide their stats to be given the opportunity to come their own conclusions and of course matched with those that don't hide their stats to see how or if there are any differences?

It might be a mind opening experience for all and I need all the help I can get!

• Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles

Naa, those who hide their stats are giving me permission, to judge them under my criteria (or someone else's criteria) .

For some reason they dont want to be judged/viewed by what they done in WOWS..

Then they get mad because, they want to throw the stone at the glass house but hide their hands in the process.

Go figure...

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
13,849 posts

Ah OP is still hung up on those who have private stats. We'll see how long before this ends up locked.

RlsFG3D.gif

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,857 posts
17,496 battles
12 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

A non public stat forum would be a troll magnet.  

surely you jest

We have a couple members our group who chose to keep theirs private. They are active and help our clan out a lot. Very happy to have them.

[GGWP]
Members
7,219 posts
16,806 battles
18 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Where players can get away and talk freely about the game and not worry about being judged on how good or bad their stats are? We have hundreds of posters that hide their stats, at times it's puzzling to determine if they are right or wrong or if they have a ship or if they play it in randoms or co-op. Many have incredibly strong opinions and I find myself questioning myself based on what they say.

I think it would be advantageous to this forum to have a separate sub forum for those that hide their stats to be given the opportunity to come their own conclusions and of course matched with those that don't hide their stats to see how or if there are any differences?

It might be a mind opening experience for all and I need all the help I can get!

Well, that would be the forum I would go to get advice. Everyone knows only the best players hide their stats because of fear of being focused. 

• Cool 1

[KIA-C]
Members
3,586 posts
15,822 battles

Spoiler alert : hidden stats have the same right as non hidden stats. But hidden stats players tends to encourage bad gameplay / misconceptions.

Because you hide your stats doesn't mean you have less right than someone who doesn't, however 99% of the time hidden stats players are either bad player or player who have no clue about game mecanics (or the game overall). And what you're asking is indirectly increasing the amount of misconception or just stupid play. How ?

>Hidden player A thinks Belfast is weak in her current state and deserve a buff because Hidden player A do bad in it
>Random player B who's new and just searching for answers wonder why Belfast is weak even tho other players claim she's OP.

>Hidden player A says other are wrong, show a picture of him getting wiped by torps/BB at 6km and claims Belfast is weak because it can't stealth fire at close range.

>Random player B understands that and now thinks Belfast is weak. Then someday if a friend of his play the game (he'll be called New player C), Random player B will explain to New player C that if he ever meet a Belfast, he shouldn't have to worry because that ship is weak and easily gets deleted.

>New player C meets a unicum Belfast in the red team who just demolish him. Angry, New Player C complains on forum that this player is cheating because he's using "a weak" ship and yet he demolished him.

And everyone can pretty much guess what will happens next. You can replace Belfast by pretty much any other ship, the scenario won't really change.

If players wants to improve, then the first step is not to hide their stats. And then it's all about mindset. You either take criticism on your stats as a way to improve or you take it as a way to mock other players and decide to hide them and never improve.

[WPE-2]
Members
112 posts
1,021 battles

I agree with you OP and there should be a separate forum for green stats blue and purple . this way we can ignore everyone but the purple's 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,656 battles

We should have a new stat based on how much fun someone's having, and only listen to the ones who are having the most fun. Spreadsheet says it's everyone right!?

[B-Z]
Members
200 posts
23,278 battles
47 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

....... Many have incredibly strong opinions and I find myself questioning myself based on what they say....

Some people know the absolute truth. They know they are right so don't need to listen to any information.

Smart people only know the facts at hand. They will gather as much information as they can.

Edited by John_Crace

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

I have hid mine forever..

Several reasons,

1. Pisses off people
2. Really makes kids rage about how bad you are which is fun (refer to #1)
3. Dont want people knowing how good i am or bad (keep them guessing)
4. Dont give a hairy rats [edited]what other people think about me.
5. Like to (see #1)
6. Feeding trolls is fun when you watch them get (see #1)

Here is a little word of wisdom ( Do not talk about Religion, Politics or Care about what others think about you and your life will be much better) BUT when you make some little internet punk get pissed off and go in to a rage by doing something so simple DO IT!

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
6,920 posts
21,437 battles
25 minutes ago, U_NaCi_GirlK9 said:

I agree with you OP and there should be a separate forum for green stats blue and purple . this way we can ignore everyone but the purple's 

21 minutes ago, pikohan said:

We should have a new stat based on how much fun someone's having, and only listen to the ones who are having the most fun. Spreadsheet says it's everyone right!?

Yes! 

See the source image

let me converse with my piers!

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,892 posts
28,263 battles
1 hour ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

I have a better suggestion.  Remove the ability to block stats.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,175 posts
22,715 battles

Maybe just remove stats? They don't really matter to either potatoes or unicums and those in the middle shouldn't have to worry about them...

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 3

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
1 hour ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Hide your stats.  It's on every WOWS account.  XVM ruined tanks, so I've refused to ever turn my stats on as people will try to use anything there as a reason to belittle or taint what your saying.

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles

I don't care what people think, which is why I don't hide my stats.

And stats don't always tell you everything. I had a match where someone started going off about the team losing because of potatoes... and the match has just started (enemy has yet to be seen), because matchmaker told him the other team had the better players. In which I have the last laugh, because our team came close to victory, with 1 enemy ship left alive to 2 of ours, and the match ended by time out, with the enemy only 10 points ahead, with ~100 health left. That is not a potato loss, as was claimed.

Sign in to follow this