You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JackSparrow_665

The Sealclubber of the East.

21 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

Decided to take my Emden out to retrain my 10pt commander.

It was.... fun.

image.thumb.png.0a85c6ec22d6b1a7fb9f511854177520.png191817530_emden3.thumb.png.495776c2820ff9b26cbad4da10c7623f.png

569088173_emden2.thumb.png.e5562e4787fa30ce3016367ce1ba4c77.png22784787_Emden1.thumb.png.d8f78eb71f77de69525762d91d8e2a4e.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,857 posts
17,480 battles

Congratulations, out of +1's so:cap_like:

I've noticed the lower tiers are a ghost town now. Not uncommon to get that sort of match in random T1-T4

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles

only 2 per side ??? Yup the game is downsizing

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

only 2 per side ??? Yup the game is down sizing

Us polar bears may have to go hungry for a while or resort to cannibalism. There just isn't enough baby seals to eat.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,049 posts
12,529 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

only 2 per side ??? Yup the game is downsizing

Thanks to the people crying about seal clubbing and captain points, WG restricts everything to mid and high tiers. This is the price of mission gating.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Thanks to the people crying about seal clubbing and captain points, WG restricts everything to mid and high tiers. This is the price of mission gating.

I dont see restrictions in mid or high tiers... What I do see is lack of replacements in the low tiers...

I just dont see how scaring players away at high tiers, while not having enough replacements in low tiers... I dont see how that is a long term solution for the one ordnance platform of WOWS.

Oh well, play until the wheels fall off.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
14,836 battles
14 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

8 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont see restrictions in mid or high tiers... What I do see is lack of replacements in the low tiers...

I just dont see how scaring players away at high tiers, while not having enough replacements in low tiers... I dont see how that is a long term solution for the one ordnance platform of WOWS.

Oh well, play until the wheels fall off.

The gate is that all missions are at least tier five. This is where WoWP did something right, there are dailies for tier 1 - 4, 5 - 7, and 8 - 10. This gets people to drop down to do the dailies and I think it does a much better job than the RB does on that because people blow through the tiers in short order.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The gate is that all missions are at least tier five. This is where WoWP did something right, there are dailies for tier 1 - 4, 5 - 7, and 8 - 10. This gets people to drop down to do the dailies and I think it does a much better job than the RB does on that because people blow through the tiers in short order.

That is what he meant... Well DEV team do consider tiers 1-4 the kindergarten tiers for the game...  That is not going to change anytime soon.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

This is one of the outcomes of WG's out-of-control churn and their absolute disregard for the player experience.

It's also kind of a bad sign, because it means player attrition is outstripping player signups.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
14,836 battles

That is what he meant... Well DEV team do consider tiers 1-4 the kindergarten tiers for the game...  That is not going to change anytime soon.

Some of the most fun ships are in tier 2 - 4.

• Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
14,836 battles
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

This is one of the worst outcomes of WG's out-of-control churn and their absolute disregard for the player experience.

It's also kind of a bad sign, because it means player attrition is outstripping player signups.

I have had generally good luck getting full matches when testing the new DD's. I think the OP ran into a lull in people playing.

[WORX]
Members
12,061 posts
19,521 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Isokaze, still a fun ship even if CVs hunt her not because she's OP, rather she's an east target to sink...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
14,836 battles

Isokaze, still a fun ship even if CVs hunt her not because she's OP, rather she's an east target to sink...

When they get around to making whatever change they are mulling over to do something about triple tier 4 CV matches life should be a lot better.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
17 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have had generally good luck getting full matches when testing the new DD's. I think the OP ran into a lull in people playing.

What you don't seem to understand with a comment like this is that it shouldn't be happening at all at these tiers.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,348 battles
32 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

As are a lot of premiums, which this makes very difficult to play.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,638 posts
10,713 battles
42 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I hardly ever play these lower tiers anymore.  Too bad, because I used to enjoy them from time to time.  I am too often burned out after doing my daily grind and/or ranked and/or clan battles.  3 CVs per side don't help either.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,530 posts
14,836 battles
3 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I hardly ever play these lower tiers anymore.  Too bad, because I used to enjoy them from time to time.  I am too often burned out after doing my daily grind and/or ranked and/or clan battles.  3 CVs per side don't help either.

The same here.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
19 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I play mainly tier 2 where you will never see CVs. Tier 3 gets uptiered to tier 4 to often and it's just like, wth is a St. Louis supposed to do in a carrier match.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,049 posts
12,529 battles
5 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

1-4 the kindergarten tiers for the game

More like2-3. T4 got it's own mm and rarely do I roll into short t4 battles. However, t2-3 the population is often short change'd by the isolated mm. Even kindergarten needs people to populate the playground.

A way to fix it would be to introduce a full t2-4 Yamamoto campaign for a legendary arkansas b scale t3-4 legendary ship. Like HMS Lion, USS Olympia, HMS Warrior or SMS Drflinger. The opportunities are wide open...

[KAPPA]
Members
3,119 posts
8,857 battles
5 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

What you don't seem to understand with a comment like this is that it shouldn't be happening at all at these tiers.

Even a complete newbie can blow through T1, 2 and 3 like it's nothing. The problem isn't that there's no new players, it's that even new players aren't at T2 for long. And not only that, we can't see them unless they aren't able to fill teams or said newbie is in a division

T1 takes less than 1k xp to hit T2. So long as they know to shoot stuff, they can get past it in probably an hour tops. It's part of why people at T1 are largely just there for a love of how it plays, especially combined with newbies not being able to play with vets for the most part.

T2, you're looking at 2.5k xp. Again, doesn't take too long. A long play session as a newbie can easily see you past this on day one. I was pretty terrible, and I know I got past it same day as I started.

T3 is 6-9k. It's not till T3 that it's even reasonable to expect a population to exist, but it's not till T5 that the xp numbers really inflate.

T4: around 12k-15k. CVs are 71k. It's no wonder there are too many CVs at T4. Newbie protection ends here, and wouldn't you know, this tier tends to be populated. It's as if the newbies are actually playing amongst themselves, and we can't see them in our matches till T4.

T5, though, is around 39-47k. T5 is when the grind actually begins, and likewise when the population stabilizes, as people are stuck here a while.

Quite frankly, a combination of free xp and low requirements is why the lowest tiers are dead. Why waste time in T1 when a new line comes out when you can just spend like 750 free xp and not bother? It's actually pretty economical to skip T1-4 outside of CVs. Until WG bothers to encourage low tier play, or throws newbies into the shark tank with us, these tiers will generally stay empty.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,452 posts
16,322 battles
10 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Even a complete newbie can blow through T1, 2 and 3 like it's nothing.

More to the point, it's ridiculously easy to do it in co-op. I played some of the low tier ships for the French DD and Italian cruiser lines for the fun of it, and even if I were grinding them it wouldn't be too much of an imposition to spam co-op battles and get it done with a high win rate. You really only start to want randoms-level gains when you get up to Tier 4, especially in ships like the Isokaze - which you have to grind out THREE TIMES if you want to do both IJN DD lines and carriers as well.

However, T4 CV in co-op is a grindfest of epic proportions. 68,000 XP to get to Tier 6, when plenty of T5 ships that require the same XP to unlock only demand half that. No wonder the T4 random queues are overfull with carriers.