Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Don't you just hate self-appointed Admirals?

22 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,726 posts

A player spent half the match pinging every allied ship that he thought was not where it should be.

image.png.fef5faffd881d0fec870199a695e7ed9.png 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,726 posts

Another thing that annoys me is players with names that are long strings of numbers. Every time I meet one I swear it's a bot because of how poorly it plays. Maybe these are rank-farming bots.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,832 posts
21,214 battles

Can you imagine if the game had a Random VOIP set up !  In another game, MWO in this case, that is what is there if you want to use it....  Imagine that person talking non-stop.......you'd have to mute the VOIP to keep your sanity.  The funny thing is, in MWO, I never really had toxic speech even when the game was imploding in their version of Random matches...  Now, on the competitive side, Oh Boy, there were several blacklisted players   In fact, having someone "call the match" was a actual benefit and we seemed to win a lot more matches when some player called the match.......

Of course, it takes a leader to be a Leader and, sadly, this is not the type of game for Leaders.......  Now, if they had benefits in doing so............  That might be another interesting aspect of this game.....  "can you follow orders?"  Might be a hoot to see whom actually could Lead.......  Alas, we can't get simple stuff from our host..........

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,820 posts
15,413 battles

Sometimes relatively uninteresting and minor things happen to me in game, and then... it's a real struggle, man it's hard... but with massive force of will I don't go make a forum thread about every single one. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2

Members
3,664 posts
42,517 battles

Snargle, I appoint thee Ultimate Sea Lord Grand Admiral Supreme of the First Potato Battle Group.

From this day forward thou shall command the fleet in any Random match. But thou shalt not camp. Ye must lead the fleet in the finest tradition of Lord Nelson. Wear your medals, don the ginormous feathered hat, and become super focused by red team.

Worry not, ye shall lead us to victory by leading the charge. We shall be right behind you, but may be about 10 km behind you.

Ye motto (pun intended): YOLO, Ono, Oofo, Sunko very Mucho.

It took me 90 secs to come up with that one. Copyrighted.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,323 posts
17,497 battles

I do not hate them, rather I pity them.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,726 posts
49 minutes ago, mofton said:

Sometimes relatively uninteresting and minor things happen to me in game, and then... it's a real struggle, man it's hard... but with massive force of will I don't go make a forum thread about every single one. 

Once, I came here to learn the game but I've learned most of what there is to learn about it. When new players come here with questions I occasionally can teach a thing or two. Periodically, I will pay attention to announcements about this and that. However, mostly the forum is where we come to juut babble about whatever we have in our heads at the time.

What authors crave more than anything is readership. It doesn't matter so much whether you get good or bad reviews if people are consistently reading your material. Everyone who comes to one of my threads to complain or give me downvotes is still one of my followers.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,726 posts
19 minutes ago, ruggus99 said:

There are times when team kill shouldn't be penalized.

I've warned chat spammers many times that if they didn't stop I was going to sink them myself. Usually that shuts them up. If it doesn't then I just use the new chat block feature. However, I've actually seen other teammates go ahead with the sinking, usually to many thanks from the team

I realize that kids also play this game and that some of them actually think that they are helping by excessively pointing things out. If players have good intentions then I'm inclined to cut them some slack.  However, if they start getting bossy and ordering the team around because they think that they are better than everyone else I will try to address the issue. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,674 posts
8,784 battles
20 minutes ago, ruggus99 said:

There are times when team kill shouldn't be penalized.

Had a ranked game where the first kill was one of my teammates sinking another, and then he turned into me and did 20k ramming damage.

If we'd just deleted him at the start, we would have actually come out ahead.

• Funny 1

[-K_P-]
Members
435 posts
3,588 battles

Unfortunately killing them early doesn't shut them up...:cap_book:  Then they start haunting you or spying for the other team....:fish_palm:

[HINON]
Members
2,304 posts
22,545 battles

Advanced issue found

3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

A player spent half the match pinging every allied ship that he thought was not where it should be.

You must have had a match with Ensign IEJ?  (Name purposefully camouflaged to avoid sanctions of forum community)

[WORX]
Members
12,001 posts
19,508 battles

Not really... Sometimes they probably give insight, trying to be helpful is one thing.... To much "help" and people get annoyed...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,820 posts
15,413 battles
3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

What authors crave more than anything is readership. It doesn't matter so much whether you get good or bad reviews if people are consistently reading your material.

Oh, it's a living.

I just make mine on snide remarks in the hope of laugh smileys.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,726 posts
2 hours ago, Crij said:

Unfortunately killing them early doesn't shut them up...:cap_book:  Then they start haunting you or spying for the other team....:fish_palm:

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles

I have not, and still do not, consent to be under the command of any other player in WOWs.

"Armchair admirals" struggle to understand that they are *not* in command.

They further struggle to understand that their behavior is very *annoying*.

I like the concept of team play and friendly cooperation.
Asking for help or inviting others to join in a plan of action is fine.  

See you all on the virtual seas.  :-)

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Idk... if they are like me with chat disabled, I use it to ping the nearest ship direction.

Its easier than typing, "Hey, I have RPF and there is a boat right there.  I KNOW its right there, because I can't see it, and this Kremlin to my left is 7km away.  That square is less than that away, and the RPF is indicating that there is a boat CLOSER than the Kremlin.  Now, you are currently broadside and driving in such a way that whatever is there is going to get the drop on you."

Instead of all that, I just ping the square.

Edited by Eckarbeiter

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I've warned chat spammers many times that if they didn't stop I was going to sink them myself. Usually that shuts them up. If it doesn't then I just use the new chat block feature. However, I've actually seen other teammates go ahead with the sinking, usually to many thanks from the team

I realize that kids also play this game and that some of them actually think that they are helping by excessively pointing things out. If players have good intentions then I'm inclined to cut them some slack.  However, if they start getting bossy and ordering the team around because they think that they are better than everyone else I will try to address the issue. 

SINK ME DADDY!!!!!!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,726 posts
7 minutes ago, Eckarbeiter said:

Idk... if they are like me with chat disabled, I use it to ping the nearest ship direction.

Its easier than typing, "Hey, I have RPF and there is a boat right there.  I KNOW its right there, because I can't see it, and this Kremlin to my left is 7km away.  That square is less than that away, and the RPF is indicating that there is a boat CLOSER than the Kremlin.  Now, you are currently broadside and driving in such a way that whatever is there is going to get the drop on you."

Instead of all that, I just ping the square.

If you ping because you have rpf then that's OK. However, tell your team that's why you are doing it. Just say "rpf" or "ship here" before you ping.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,838 posts
8,074 battles
6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I don't care...because they can't actually make me do anything if they're wrong. If they're right about something and I missed it, good on them for bringing it to attention.

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
1 minute ago, Snargfargle said:

If you ping because you have rpf then that's OK. However, tell your team that's why you are doing it. Just say "rpf" or "ship here" before you ping.

I can't... its too hard to hold the CTRL key, and then drag the mouse over to the 'x' to re-enable chat.  :(   It took me like 15 tries to get it perma-disabled, and I'm afraid if I turn it back on, I'll have to see people's words again.

*ping ping*

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this