You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

When you set the bar too high, people will bot. (30,000,000 potential damage)

54 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,290 posts
19,971 battles

Congratulations! By setting the task so high for the london, people are now botting coop. I can see 10 million potential damage, which is a lot. 30 million? People are going to bot., and they are.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,331 posts
5,811 battles
5 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Congratulations! By setting the task so high for the london, people are now botting coop. I can see 10 million potential damage, which is a lot. 30 million? People are going to bot., and they are.

30,000,000 is easy.  30 BB matches over the course of a week, maximum.  Less given you'll get some while doing tasks with other ship types.  Further, it isn't even needed to get London.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,535 posts
14,839 battles
4 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Just go bow tank in a Kremlin. Problem solved.

I prefer a secondary spec'ed Kurfurst in co-op, yolo in and let the secondaries bark like mad dogs and you get an easy million or more.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,290 posts
19,971 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

People were botting in coop before this directive.

You don't say? Cpt. Obvious on deck.

[-IA-]
Beta Testers
193 posts
5,640 battles

I agree with the sentiment, people will take the path of least resistance.

However, I was able to complete the BB objective last night and got 12 million potential damage completed in about 2 hours of play.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,198 posts
10,466 battles
Just now, Cit_the_bed said:

You don't say? Cpt. Obvious on deck.

What was your point then?  You are claiming this is the reason people bot in coop.

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles

I don’t see a problem with the amount needed. In 25 co-op battles yesterday, I finished the cruiser mission, completed 1/3 of the potential damage and base xp missions, and 1/2 of the battleship mission. 30 million is actually rather easy depending on bot aggro. Except for a few rounds where either I wasn’t getting shot at much or the battle ended before I could get shot enough, it wasn’t uncommon to get at least 500k or so regardless of tier (although I mostly stuck to t7 and up) or ship (split between mostly cruisers and some battleships). At high tiers, I’d generally get close to a million in pretty much every t9/10 battle.

Regardless of the amount for any specific mission, there are always going to be people botting (and to be honest, just because you think someone’s botting doesn’t actually mean they are). 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[SCSA]
Members
27 posts
2,613 battles

I also thought that potential damage includes shells aimed at you that miss (not sure about torpedoes), so running cruisers/DD's where you are dodging works just as well?  I know I'm already 1/4 done the damage directive from random play, maybe 8-10 games, so it doesn't seem unattainable at all.

Unless I misread that somewhere about potential damage...

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,290 posts
19,971 battles
1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I don’t see a problem with the amount needed. In 25 co-op battles yesterday, I finished the cruiser mission, completed 1/3 of the potential damage and base xp missions, and 1/2 of the battleship mission. 30 million is actually rather easy depending on bot aggro. Except for a few rounds where either I wasn’t getting shot at much or the battle ended before I could get shot enough, it wasn’t uncommon to get at least 500k or so regardless of tier (although I mostly stuck to t7 and up) or ship (split between mostly cruisers and some battleships). At high tiers, I’d generally get close to a million in pretty much every t9/10 battle.

Regardless of the amount for any specific mission, there are always going to be people botting (and to be honest, just because you think someone’s botting doesn’t actually mean they are). 

Some people always take the shortcut. WG rarely punishes botters, so whenever there's a long task, they just pile into coop more than usual.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,198 posts
10,466 battles
2 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Bright boy aren't you. It's ok, we need someone to pump gas and sort the recyclables.

Sorry I didn't kiss your behind with your brilliant observation. 

With all the problems in the game, you decide to make a mountain out of a molehill.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,290 posts
19,971 battles
1 minute ago, Landtuber said:

I also thought that potential damage includes shells aimed at you that miss (not sure about torpedoes), so running cruisers/DD's where you are dodging works just as well?  I know I'm already 1/4 done the damage directive from random play, maybe 8-10 games, so it doesn't seem unattainable at all.

Unless I misread that somewhere about potential damage...

Potential damage is shells that don't hit you within a certain radius. Torpedoes need to be within a certain range as well, if you want to farm potential you want to get as close as possible to torps to get the maximum value.

[SCSA]
Members
27 posts
2,613 battles
Just now, Cit_the_bed said:

Potential damage is shells that don't hit you within a certain radius. Torpedoes need to be within a certain range as well, if you want to farm potential you want to get as close as possible to torps to get the maximum value.

Get as close to torpedoes as possible...  Now THAT is something I didn't expect to read about this game!

image.png.d291210d5d3d05c9e5b73929f573402f.png

His emotional range was so high in that show....

Members
443 posts
451 battles
7 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Bright boy aren't you. It's ok, we need someone to pump gas and sort the recyclables.

Reminds me that I haven’t watched Fight Club in awhile.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,186 posts

Not many people botting last night but I did see quite a few setting a straight lines at maximum speed & walking away to create a sandwich while letting their secondaries take a bite outta crime.

[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,392 battles
20 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

30 million is not that hard at most 3 or 4 days and it is done.

I have seen no one botting the last 2 days.

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,815 battles
38 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

To be fair to WG, these directives are giving you a completely FREE ship, and they weren’t meant to be done in a few battles.  They want you to log in daily, and play the game.

You have a long time to get these done, and I don’t know what the big deal is.  Don’t complaining about every little thing.

[PVE]
Members
20,115 posts
12,983 battles

@Hapa_Fodder Whoever picked 45 incapacitations ribbons for CVs, should get a reward. Please recognize them in the next staff meeting by having everyone give that person an atomic wedgie. Thank you.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,392 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

@Hapa_Fodder Whoever picked 45 incapacitations ribbons for CVs, should get a reward. Please recognize them in the next staff meeting by having everyone give that person an atomic wedgie. Thank you.

I don`t even try for the CVs ones.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
2,720 posts
6,816 battles
54 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

In randoms you can do 1-2 million potential easy per game.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,269 posts
16,616 battles
57 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I prefer a secondary spec'ed Kurfurst in co-op, yolo in and let the secondaries bark like mad dogs

i once spec my GK just for secondary, even with module/upgrade and signal

i used Gunther with BFT/AFT/Manual secondary fire as base build and let them rip, it mad dog on steroid. It pretty fun.

I can tank up to 4 mils in coop if the game is right condition 

[WOLFC]
Members
521 posts
7,865 battles

25 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

I don`t even try for the CVs ones.

The fires and incapacitatios are indeed a pain, but the torpedus one wasn't too difficult. If anything it helped me learn to aim better. And Kaga made it super simple.