You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zubalkabir

Ranked - any luck getting team cooperation?

15 comments in this topic

[DOG]
Members
1,220 posts
12,659 battles

This season has been rough so far.  Teams are a real crap shoot.  I've had a bit of luck typing into chat at the beginning of a match, "keep an eye on the time.  If it hits 14 minutes and you are not near the center, head that way."  At least it seems like my team wins more often when I get the chance to do that.  Could just be coincidence.  Anyway, if I had more time to explain why they wanted to get to the center, and exactly what the consequences would be for failing to do so, I might have more luck.  But if I'm typing I'm not controlling my ship, and there's just not enough time (I usually play DDs).  Anyone else had better luck getting your teams away from the map edges?

• Funny 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,109 posts
11,811 battles

I wish I could blame it all on bad teams but I'm struggling in ranked . I haven't pulled my weight in a lot of games . I'm taking a break for a few days going to work on my game and try ranked again next week .

Edited by clammboy

[REVY]
Members
2,565 posts
13,838 battles

Watching an Ohio go full broadside to an enemy Yamato and rest of red team......and being the only one in that battle to have any kills......

I have to say the only common goal my teammates have is to become part of an artificial reef system.

[OO7]
Members
619 posts
7,660 battles

The teams I get where people type in chat telling people what to do, how to play, are the ones that usually lose.

[DOG]
Members
1,220 posts
12,659 battles
4 minutes ago, mixmkz said:

The teams I get where people type in chat telling people what to do, how to play, are the ones that usually lose.

Yeah, that's my fear.  People tune you out if you sound like you're demanding they do things.  I try to keep it simple, and not sound like I'm the boss.  Problem is you don't know what the relative skill levels are, and who has a clue how to win and who doesn't.  Some people don't need the advice, and probably roll their eys. Others do, and appreciate having a plan.  Still others need it, but choose to ignore it.  But it's really annoying to see 3-4 green ships sailing around the edge of the map right after you've been killed contesting the cap and watching that 200 point lead slip away 10 points at a time.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,826 posts
28,174 battles
1 hour ago, zubalkabir said:

This season has been rough so far.  Teams are a real crap shoot.  I've had a bit of luck typing into chat at the beginning of a match, "keep an eye on the time.  If it hits 14 minutes and you are not near the center, head that way."  At least it seems like my team wins more often when I get the chance to do that.  Could just be coincidence.  Anyway, if I had more time to explain why they wanted to get to the center, and exactly what the consequences would be for failing to do so, I might have more luck.  But if I'm typing I'm not controlling my ship, and there's just not enough time (I usually play DDs).  Anyone else had better luck getting your teams away from the map edges?

I think that part of the problem is that Arms Race isn't a regular battle mode in Randoms, so people don't have the much experience playing it nor understand its nuances.  

[NFJF]
Members
75 posts
1,983 battles

guess you could say ive seen some "team" cooperation like the short bus riders at the start of the match touting there stick together focus fire lemming plan. in which my teams seems to follow that plan but theres were it ends ....behind some islands 

[--K--]
Supertester
1,398 posts
13,231 battles

I'd love just use of the quick commands when I say I'm about to use radar please have your guns prepared for this dd/Smolensk/minotaur. Waited 20 seconds and nothing. 

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,277 battles

I can barely get people to actually go after buffs let alone work as team, ranked is only for damage farming now a days, at least T10 ranked is.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,683 posts
12,249 battles

The mode has gone stale and doesn't keep my motivation to actually try.  Trying leads to frustration.  I want to have fun.  Frustration is not fun.  

[RLGN]
Members
15,170 posts
26,814 battles

Generally good cooperation. Even in the loss. (Have only had time for four games. W, L, W, W.)

Members
729 posts
10,104 battles
2 hours ago, mixmkz said:

I would usually agree, but I think every time I've played BB in a 3 BB 10-5 ranked battle I've had at least one BB on my team follow me into the same grid square.

Not that saying "move around and get a crossfire" probably does anything except lose me karma, but it's nice to think it does.