Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Learux

How to keep your win rates up

14 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

Did a few games before work today. This gem of MM was the highlight.

Here we have a purple clan beating down on some random players

Please fix MM so that 3 man divisions only fix 3 man divisions of equal skill.

I can guarantee you that these 3 dudes win >85% of the games they play this way.

How is this even a thing?Capture12.thumb.PNG.2069ecb81de023fe8cdc38828e16fb85.PNG

Capture12.PNG

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,211 posts
16,745 battles

There are 2 purple players and they don't appear to be in a division. 

That being said, players should not be allowed to play with their friends? Is that what you are advocating? 

And are you also proposing the preposterous theory that win rate shows skill? 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Confused 3

[WOLFG]
Members
31,352 posts
9,649 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

There are 2 purple players and they don't appear to be in a division. 

And not even in the same clan.

I'm not even sure who he's talking about. All I recognise is that, from what I've seen, RKLES, CYPHR, and 5D2 players are usually decent, and WOLF players are, if not typically unis, a wildcard otherwise.

That being said, players should not be allowed to play with their friends? Is that what you are advocating? 

Don't be preposterous! He's obviously advocating that skilled players shouldn't befriend each other....

And are you also proposing the preposterous theory that win rate shows skill? 

Ok, now you're just being ridiculous. :Smile_trollface:

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

My bad on the purple clan, still a 3 man division should only fight another 3 man division of about equal strength.

If this means longer MM so be it. You are on comms with your friends so a little longer wait is no big deal.

The odds for team 1 are heavily stacked against them. Why not put the two purple players against the 3 man division?

Just advocating better MM guys, thats all.

[FEM]
Members
2,105 posts
17,350 battles
11 minutes ago, Learux said:

My bad on the purple clan, still a 3 man division should only fight another 3 man division of about equal strength.

If this means longer MM so be it. You are on comms with your friends so a little longer wait is no big deal.

The odds for team 1 are heavily stacked against them. Why not put the two purple players against the 3 man division?

They try to match divs with divs, but nothing in a RANDOM battle will be based on skill as far as matchmaking. That's the RANDOM part. Adding SBMM based on divs would punish people for playing with friends, they'll just end up sync dropping and I promise you the SEA imports with purple tags would do it and rig the match based on which team got more friends.

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

WG has been steadfastly against doing ANYTHING that would balance teams, except for minor tweaks to how often you are uptiered (which was a good change, honestly).  There are many changes they could make that would have 0 impact on queue times, that would help balance games out a bit, but they have outright refused to even acknowledge the ideas, much less consider them for implementation.  Ideas such as balancing specific ships across teams after MM has selected the players, or balancing the divs out as much as possible, would have NO impact on queues, times, but could help balance the games out.  Even balancing out by whatever metric you like - WR, PR, Acct WR - after the MM has selected the players, could help balance things.  There is no perfect solution and unbalanced games will happen, but they could do some very simple things to at least TRY and resolve things - but they will not do it. 

The only logical conclusion one can come to is that WG wants short queue times (profit from flags/camos being expended), and also wants unbalanced games (shorter game times, and players may get frustrated and buy stronger ships to better compete).

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[GGWP]
Members
7,211 posts
16,745 battles
1 hour ago, Learux said:

So then what determines skill? 

Each of us will have a different definition of that. Many people attribute winrate to mm, not skill. Each metric that could be used can be rigged in some way. 

My feelings are that solo win rate is a good indicator of skill. But that can be misleading when you put one of those T1 lifers in a T10 match. Also, what if a player does not play solo, ever?

People want to have mm account for consumables, skill, and all that leads to is extreme mm times. 

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts

I thought this was going to be about playing co-op. Darn.

[SALVO]
Members
2,683 posts
6,793 battles
1 hour ago, Learux said:

Did a few games before work today. This gem of MM was the highlight.

Here we have a purple clan beating down on some random players

Please fix MM so that 3 man divisions only fix 3 man divisions of equal skill.

I can guarantee you that these 3 dudes win >85% of the games they play this way.

How is this even a thing?Capture12.thumb.PNG.2069ecb81de023fe8cdc38828e16fb85.PNG

Capture12.PNG

Do you actually want to know how to get your winrate up as the title of the post states or you want to cry about divs?

[RST]
Members
565 posts
11,833 battles

One issue with matchmaking and divisions that I have and do see and I would think would be easy to fix is trying to even up the total numbers on each side in division.  It seems to match for example numbers of divisions (I have A & B on one side, and A & B on the other, so all good, right?) without looking at the total players in division, so the result at times is 2 divisions of 2 on one side (4 divsioned players) vs 2 divisions of 3 on the other side (6 divisioned players).  To me, you may always have times with an odd number of divisions in battle and thus so be it, but I do feel the total number of divsioned players on each team should be as nearly equal as possible.

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
1 hour ago, eviltane said:

Do you actually want to know how to get your winrate up as the title of the post states or you want to cry about divs?

I just wanted to get peoples attention, glad I got yours!

Sign in to follow this