You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Aircraft Carriers: Destroying Modules

18 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles

Well at the rate I am going it is going to be a long slog. I get a couple incapacitation ribbons at the beginning of the match and then can't buy one.

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

Knowing how bad my luck was the first week when I had to do the CV fires task and how tedious it felt, I was very glad I didn’t have to do any more CV tasks this round, especially looking at what would have been required for the next three. Especially when it’s as specific as incapacitation ribbons, unless you have good RNG I can’t imagine how much worse this week’s would be. 

[RLGN]
Members
15,184 posts
26,836 battles

Pretty much Torpedoes, unless you're good with WG's stupid dive bombing mechanic.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

I don't play CV's because I can't hit anything with consistency. My first match with my Atlanta today I could set a fire. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Pretty much Torpedoes, unless you're good with WG's stupid dive bombing mechanic.

I was ignoring torps because the only incaps are engine and rudder.

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles

I'm planning to do this CV mission sometime after I've set ships on fire 60 times with a cruiser.

The rockets vs. DD's seems like the way to approach it.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles

Chasing incaps?  Haven't played in a few days... you're going to have to go for DD targets primarily.  Rocket or HE bomb attacks.  Make it count, you probably got time for less than a handful of good attack runs before the other players destroy the DDs.

Larger, heavier targets, good luck.  I think the next best to go after are Cruisers and the rare BBs with torpedo tubes.  Just remember where to strike on the ship, torp tube launchers aren't always mid section.  Some aren't even exposed on the deck and will be a PITA to incap.  A number of IJN CAs for example don't have the launchers on the deck.  Graf Spee's are exposed on the deck but towards the stern.  Etc.

Good luck.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
17 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The rockets vs. DD's seems like the way to approach it.

That isn't working for me either. I know it is just bad RNG and I didn't sacrifice a virgin before starting this directive because they are so hard to find these days.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Not just any rockets will do.

TINY TIMS!

In theory the Tim's are great against cruisers and BB's but not so good against DD's although if you do manage to hit a DD with one it will be in a world of hurt.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,726 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Well at the rate I am going it is going to be a long slog. I get a couple incapacitation ribbons at the beginning of the match and then can't buy one.

I have just the opposite problem. Most of the time I try to hit a DD with bombs or rockets I usually get zero damage but the splash almost always gives me a module incapacitation. I do use Tiny Tims though. I've used them for so long I sort of forgot there were other types of rockets.

Edited by Snargfargle

[PSP]
Members
564 posts
5,040 battles

My only option is to use Furious on non-Premium time. Thought about trying to do it for the 2,500 free XP. Gave it a go for like 5 Coop games.

Hard pass.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
50 minutes ago, Nexus_Kerensky said:

It took me 8 games to get it done. Mostly used Midway and Audi... Was kinda annoying though.

I am up to about a dozen and 17 incaps and that includes one five incap match. :Smile-angry:

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

I'm not even going to bother with that mission but if I did I would probably just try to torp the rear half of BBs and rocket DDs until I finished it. It's probably the most consistent method.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,952 posts
47,614 battles

Kaga:  One game.  No modules.  I wasn't expecting any though since I almost use TBs on that CV.

Saipan:  One game.  12 modules.  Use Tiny Tim and DBs on cruisers and BBs.  Didn't get a chance to rocket a DD.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
34 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

I'm not even going to bother with that mission but if I did I would probably just try to torp the rear half of BBs and rocket DDs until I finished it. It's probably the most consistent method.

I will keep dinging away at it as I am over half done with the base experience directive and all I have played today is co-op. I will take anything that finishes.