Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

That day the USN dropped a toilet on Vietnam

9 comments in this topic

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,837 battles

Was it... a functional bomb? If so, that brings a new meaning to toilet bombing!

And now I'm imagining a premium of 572 in the game that cannot be named with a full set of toilets to drop.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,579 posts
4,223 battles

That's hilarious. I'd love to know the reaction of whoever found that one on the ground in North Vietnam. Also, who the hell thought of the idea of using it as a bomb:Smile_teethhappy:

Takes the meaning of "everything but the kitchen sink" to a whole new level.

[O_O]
Members
6,906 posts
16,573 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Also, who the hell thought of the idea of using it as a bomb

Not a TRUE bomb, of course, since it contained no explosives.  It was just the air wing's way of saying "F-U" to the enemy.  As a former Naval aircraft maintainer, I approve of this execution.  And, if the Air Boss on the bridge truly noticed the 'weapon' as it launched off the deck, I have no doubt there was hell to pay!

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,579 posts
4,223 battles
21 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Not a TRUE bomb, of course, since it contained no explosives.  It was just the air wing's way of saying "F-U" to the enemy.  As a former Naval aircraft maintainer, I approve of this execution.  And, if the Air Boss on the bridge truly noticed the 'weapon' as it launched off the deck, I have no doubt there was hell to pay!

Oh I totally approve. I just wonder how you think of taking the disfunctional toilet and strapping it to a plane...

And I’m sure when the air boss asked no one saw anything odd...

[O_O]
Members
6,906 posts
16,573 battles
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Oh I totally approve. I just wonder how you think of taking the disfunctional toilet and strapping it to a plane...

On an A-1 Skyraider?  No problem.  Such weapon deployment from an attack jet would obviously raise some concerns!  :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by desmo_2

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,378 posts
13,062 battles
47 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

And I’m sure when the air boss asked no one saw anything odd...

Boredom, alcohol deprivation, and lousy food, it does strange things to people. I hear the food's better now.

Sign in to follow this