Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DolphinPrincess

Its been almost a year since April space event

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,705
[O7]
Members
1,032 posts
5,185 battles

With the upcoming April 1st, we can anticipate space battles return to WoWS.

Last year's event was an experiment to new game modes, and I wonder if the attack/defense mode will ever be implemented.

Those who participated last year will remember the first part of epicenter mode where each ring does not overlap with the others (as in, staying the center ring does not occupy the outer ones), this was implemented into randoms battles and is how the epicenter mode is played today.

Third part is torpedo beats, where main guns are secondaries and ships are boosted to 100 kts. (Maybe this was testing for Kleber). But anyways, people found this mode to be fun but at the same time it does get repetitive really fast. So perhaps this mode staying as a once-a-year temporary mode is fine.

I want to talk about the second part of the event.

Second part was attack on the space station, where the attacking team can respawn and the defending team had numerous buffs. I think this was an excellent idea of a game mode and should be permanent. The reason for this is that it partially negates the effect of having a bad team. If you have potato teammates on defense that dies, you gain extra buffs. If you have potato teammates on offense that dies, they respawn. The builds for the space battles are different as well, concealment is no longer mandatory and instead for those who like secondary builds it is not only fun for them, but also at the same time a viable build.

So for non space battles we can have it on a map like neighbors, where you have the dock/shipyards acting as the space station and islands to put "radar stations" that act as barriers. When an attacker sinks, he will respawn out of his team's shipyard on the other side of the map. When a defender sinks the ships receive buffs like the arms race. With this as more of a "for fun" game mode, I think even nation vs nation is possible. 

Hopefully we will see the return of the game mode this April and a permanent, non space themed mode like it in the future.

 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,479
[SALVO]
Members
2,701 posts
6,797 battles

I wonder if they will finally test the destructible terrain feature they were showing off around the end of 2018. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

The space mode was quite fun, as was the Halloween event collecting filth. The temporary game modes are sometimes more fun than the actual game, kinda sad. Intentional?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,661
[PVE]
Members
20,111 posts
12,952 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

With the upcoming April 1st, we can anticipate space battles return to WoWS.

Last year's event was an experiment to new game modes, and I wonder if the attack/defense mode will ever be implemented.

Those who participated last year will remember the first part of epicenter mode where each ring does not overlap with the others (as in, staying the center ring does not occupy the outer ones), this was implemented into randoms battles and is how the epicenter mode is played today.

Third part is torpedo beats, where main guns are secondaries and ships are boosted to 100 kts. (Maybe this was testing for Kleber). But anyways, people found this mode to be fun but at the same time it does get repetitive really fast. So perhaps this mode staying as a once-a-year temporary mode is fine.

I want to talk about the second part of the event.

Second part was attack on the space station, where the attacking team can respawn and the defending team had numerous buffs. I think this was an excellent idea of a game mode and should be permanent. The reason for this is that it partially negates the effect of having a bad team. If you have potato teammates on defense that dies, you gain extra buffs. If you have potato teammates on offense that dies, they respawn. The builds for the space battles are different as well, concealment is no longer mandatory and instead for those who like secondary builds it is not only fun for them, but also at the same time a viable build.

So for non space battles we can have it on a map like neighbors, where you have the dock/shipyards acting as the space station and islands to put "radar stations" that act as barriers. When an attacker sinks, he will respawn out of his team's shipyard on the other side of the map. When a defender sinks the ships receive buffs like the arms race. With this as more of a "for fun" game mode, I think even nation vs nation is possible. 

Hopefully we will see the return of the game mode this April and a permanent, non space themed mode like it in the future.

 

Since 9.2 is expected to cross April 1st, I would expect any April Fool's event to be a part of 9.2. That said, 9.3 is likely to drop on April 8th, so it is possible the April Fool's event could be in that patch.

9.2 is expected to drop Wed, Mar 11th and run until Tue, Apr 8th.

9.3 is expected to drop Wed, Apr 8th and run until Tue, May 5th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,344
[O_O]
Members
6,909 posts
16,582 battles

As far as April Fools events go, I actually preferred the Bath Tub Boats from 2-3 years ago.  Call me weird.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
986
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,379 posts
13,062 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

As far as April Fools events go, I actually preferred the Bath Tub Boats from 2-3 years ago.  Call me weird.

Those were hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
Members
596 posts
10,957 battles
2 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

With the upcoming April 1st, we can anticipate space battles return to WoWS.

Last year's event was an experiment to new game modes, and I wonder if the attack/defense mode will ever be implemented.

Those who participated last year will remember the first part of epicenter mode where each ring does not overlap with the others (as in, staying the center ring does not occupy the outer ones), this was implemented into randoms battles and is how the epicenter mode is played today.

Third part is torpedo beats, where main guns are secondaries and ships are boosted to 100 kts. (Maybe this was testing for Kleber). But anyways, people found this mode to be fun but at the same time it does get repetitive really fast. So perhaps this mode staying as a once-a-year temporary mode is fine.

I want to talk about the second part of the event.

Second part was attack on the space station, where the attacking team can respawn and the defending team had numerous buffs. I think this was an excellent idea of a game mode and should be permanent. The reason for this is that it partially negates the effect of having a bad team. If you have potato teammates on defense that dies, you gain extra buffs. If you have potato teammates on offense that dies, they respawn. The builds for the space battles are different as well, concealment is no longer mandatory and instead for those who like secondary builds it is not only fun for them, but also at the same time a viable build.

So for non space battles we can have it on a map like neighbors, where you have the dock/shipyards acting as the space station and islands to put "radar stations" that act as barriers. When an attacker sinks, he will respawn out of his team's shipyard on the other side of the map. When a defender sinks the ships receive buffs like the arms race. With this as more of a "for fun" game mode, I think even nation vs nation is possible. 

Hopefully we will see the return of the game mode this April and a permanent, non space themed mode like it in the future.

 

Space torpedo beat was by far the most fun with had so far, the extreme speeds, near instant speed changes and lack of main guns was a extremely fun time and if you are good at dodging torps you could easily carry hard in even 1 vs 4 scenarios if the enemies didn't cap. 

The game severely lacks game modes and torpedo beat should be one, it's always insanely fun and could even be a source to get steel for the people that cannot do CB. Maybe something like 20 steel max daily with a single steel awarded for each victory or top place in losing team. Even at the theorically max 600 per month would take literally over 4 years to get a single Tier 10 steel shop

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
Members
596 posts
10,957 battles
2 hours ago, eviltane said:

I wonder if they will finally test the destructible terrain feature they were showing off around the end of 2018. 

They confirmed that they have dropped the idea, it basically didn't give them money so they dorpped it (literally the reason, not even joking)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,487 posts
17,727 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

As far as April Fools events go, I actually preferred the Bath Tub Boats from 2-3 years ago.  Call me weird.

Add me to the list of players that want the Bath Tub Boats to return. They were so popular at the time that it's hard to understand why they haven't been brought back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,255
[ARGSY]
Members
22,410 posts
16,285 battles
16 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

I want to talk about the second part of the event.

It might be an interesting and inexpensive (in development terms) way to implement a high-tier scenario, if you gave bots either the attacker or the defender role and let players invariably take the other. Being the defender would raise the problem of having to fight endless waves of bots, but you're fighting against the clock in Killer Whale anyway (albeit to a different end) so this is no different in that respect. Whether it would work as intended with the full range of normal ships that don't have special talents is another matter. It was balanced around the ships they gave us for Space Battles, and it might not be the same if you brought different ships with different metas.

I agree it's a great mode, but I don't think WG wants to give all the players permanent access to high-tier ships with 19 point captains, and some modification would have to occur to make it a more earthly setting. That takes effort. What other priorities do you want them to push aside to get this done? (The eternal question.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×