You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kishan99

What rank does the average population end at?

39 comments in this topic

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Hey there.   This is my first rank season I am playing.   I was wondering what the average rank people end at when the season concludes?  I am only at rank 11 with 16 battles.   I saw in  game chat not to long ago someone saying they can only make it to rank 9.   Does the amount of stars increase needed to advance to the next rank or is it always 2 stars?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,452 posts
14,821 battles

For myself it is where I started, haven't played ranked in a long time.

Alpha Tester
598 posts
15,041 battles

Once you hit rank 10 it's four stars per rank and at rank 5 it's five stars per rank. So yes, it gets harder. 

Most players don't get past rank 10. You have to understand it can take well over 100 games to rank out. It's taken me 350 games on one season to rank out and just 191 in another. 

You also stop getting bonus stars at rank 10. 

[POP]
Members
4,745 posts
12,813 battles

Pretty much what saintsfan said. Every time we’ve gotten post season stats from WG, there are always spikes at rank 15 (typically where you get the season flag from) and 10 (where the now first service reduction flag drops, and above which it tends to get harder to gain ranks if you’re not a unicum, as well as getting a lot saltier). There’s also typically a smaller spike at rank 12 when that’s an irrevocable rank. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,630 posts
10,667 battles

Players tend to stop when it becomes a back and forth battle for stars.  For a lot of players, that is around rank 12 to 10.  You can't go below 12 because it is irrevocable, but it is difficult to win enough and save enough stars to progress at a reasonable rate.  It is demoralizing to get to 9 one day, and then slide back to 12 the next.  When that happens a few times, most players call it quits.  Once you hit your plateau, it becomes a time grind and you have to ask yourself if the time is worth it for the remaining prizes.  If you think you can make it to rank 1 and are willing to put in the time, then go for it. Some players get stuck at some number past 12 and keep playing just to grind credits and legendary upgrades because ranked pays out quite well.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
1,668 posts
34 minutes ago, kishan99 said:

Hey there.   This is my first rank season I am playing.   I was wondering what the average rank people end at when the season concludes?  I am only at rank 11 with 16 battles.   I saw in  game chat not to long ago someone saying they can only make it to rank 9.   Does the amount of stars increase needed to advance to the next rank or is it always 2 stars?

For myself it is usually just before the frustration pot begins to boil over.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

Honestly ...I love ranked to Rank 10.    After that everything just gets too slow and takes too much time commitment.  For me, at my skill level,  there is just not enough time to do it. especially with the other stuff that WG always has going on.    So I run a few each season to get some where in Rank 10 and then quit... maybe playing a little for fun afterward.  

Members
3,354 posts
17,013 battles

Ranks is pretty much a waste of time playing past the two stars. It doesn't rank anyone's skill. It's all about being lucky enough to have less bad players on your team than the enemy. A chimpanzee can reach Rank 1 if it playing long enough. I play a few, grab whatever flags and steel I can get and call it a day. 

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 2

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,679 posts
12,225 battles

I'm at 9.2  got on the good run yesterday.  7 win in 9 games... Then number 10 pretty much morale crusher.  600 point lead.  spotting the enemy in my Shim.  The rest of the team decided not to shoot the ships thinking they were out of range not going to take the cap.  Got bum-rushed holding cap.  That was it.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,153 posts
10,872 battles

The more I watch this version of rank, the more I prefer the cage match of last time.

But then again, I don't look upon ranked as my god given right to obtain Steel.

Edited by Anonymous50

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
1 hour ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Once you hit rank 10 it's four stars per rank and at rank 5 it's five stars per rank. So yes, it gets harder. 

Most players don't get past rank 10

There goes my hopes and dreams lol

[WOLFA]
Members
840 posts
7,325 battles

I've made it to rank 10 and I'm done. The teams I get seem to be tier 3 players and so far almost every battle after reaching 10 has been a complete slaughter.

The frustration is unreal.

[RLGN]
Members
15,143 posts
26,769 battles

Rank 15 is the minimum needed to get the season participation award, (usually a port flag or some such,) which you’ve already passed.

Rank 10 is another common stopping point for the reasons others have stated.

If you go higher? Awes.

If not? No reason to beat yourself up over the matter.

What’s more important is knowing when to stop, (and go back to other game modes,) so you don’t stress out over diminishing returns in what, in the end, is still just a game.

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
1 hour ago, kishan99 said:

Ever since they make rank above 10 4 stars and more just to pass 1 rank.

I would say most stop there at 10

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
785 posts
4,952 battles

I got to rank 10 in 8 battles.

Those 8 battles were enough to make me not want to play ranked for a very, very long time.

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,249 battles

I think the best I have even done is rank 5, but mostly I finish somewhere between 10 and 5. I don't really have the time to get to rank 1.

[TARK]
Members
640 posts

One of these seasons, I'm just going to queue up, drive straight forward, kill or be killed ASAP and switch to another boat.

I want to see if it ends up being less awful that actually trying.  Logic tells me that it won't.... but MM has shown me that it could possibly be the faster and less painful way to get a higher rank.

[LSNB]
Members
1,635 posts
4,974 battles

Isn't it easier to rank out if you start early in the Ranked season? By now most people should be struggling at Rank 10.

Edited by destawaits

[NFJF]
Members
75 posts
1,961 battles

i think since season 9 most have ended up at rank ten looking at stats that is.   

. not sure how ill play this season but since they are now moving steel ships to coal .as well as it being arms race while is fun i think is much easier then regular ranked. 

Edited by 0h_Kay_B00M3R

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,300 posts
22,496 battles

For regular seasons, 10 or 9.

Sprint, 1.

• Cool 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I actually really like arms race.   It is a different mode and helping accumulate buffs for the team is crucial.   Only bad thing is Cvs

[ICBM]
Members
0 posts

Getting to tier 10 isn't too hard. I'd imagine most people end up there. 

I'm with you, I like the arms race mode. It's a nice little change-up.