You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

WG please reduce the number weather and low vis events...

21 comments in this topic

[ANKER]
Members
1,410 posts
11,439 battles

It is starting to be over the top... like 1/3 to 1/2 of all games have some weather related visibility encumbrance.  It was sorta cool at first, but after a while it just starts to wear on you.  Some maps like fire at dusk and the blizzard events cause me to strain my eyes enough to physically hurt (no it is not my monitor settings).  I get that it took some work to make these realistic events and you guys want to show your great work but please remember moderation is usually the best course.

I'll keep the rant short on the cyclone mode, but it is clear that this heavily favors BB ship types, since it is much more difficult for DDs to be effective in close combat and also somewhat the case with Cruisers.  12km in CB is annoying but less of an issue since there is only 1 BB and it's 12km (the same range as RU radar, must be coincidence...), BUT in random where 5 BBs are common and the range 8km it might as well be called "Battleship Rulez Mode."

• Cool 4
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 2

Members
2,151 posts
6,420 battles

The players have been asking for weather events since Beta. I think they are too few and far between. It adds to the immersion to the game and I would like to see more....

• Cool 3

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,016 posts
12,506 battles

Absolutely not! Weather is one of the only long standing nautical element's to the game and you want to be rid of it? Play WoWP or WoT...

Members
3,354 posts
17,100 battles

I don't think the weather is a problem, it's the duration of the storms that have to be shortened. There's no reason for storms to last as long as they do.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[SIM]
Members
1,668 posts

Weather is not that big of an issue but, the 3 CV per side is a HUGE MESS. WG could you please stop this madness.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,826 posts
28,174 battles
31 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I don't think the weather is a problem, it's the duration of the storms that have to be shortened. There's no reason for storms to last as long as they do.

I disagree.  I'd rather that weather events last the entire battle!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
54 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

The players have been asking for weather events since Beta. I think they are too few and far between. It adds to the immersion to the game and I would like to see more....

That and I would like to see some night battles.

• Cool 4

[WOLFC]
Members
520 posts
7,794 battles

Another here that feels we need more weather, not less.

If it was removed, they'd might as well bring back the bathtub, and make it the only map.

As for eye strain, it's almost certainly a result of either A) game settings, B) monitor settings, or C) a low quality monitor. I can understand if the monitor has a poor black contrast (you'd be surprised how many "good" monitors do). I also suggest enabling HDR if your monitor supports it. If not, and you have the means, looking into a reasonable gaming or graphics arts monitor, and pay close attention to the blacks. That'll make the most noticeable difference.

[ANKER]
Members
1,410 posts
11,439 battles
54 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Absolutely not! Weather is one of the only long standing nautical element's to the game and you want to be rid of it? Play WoWP or WoT...

NEVER said I want to be rid of it.

What I was geeting at:

1.  The amount of it should moderated.  Maybe 50% was an exaggeration, but not by a lot.  Of my last 8 high tier games had 4 had visibility reductions at some point in the game.

2.  spotting mechanics should be reworked to not favor BBs so heavily.  Something like a % reduction in spotting range with a floor and a ceiling spotting range. 

[GOOF]
Members
775 posts
6,487 battles

Please reduce the amount of weather mechanics, I cannot see 20km and blap cruisers from the back of the map in this rain. 

[ANKER]
Members
1,410 posts
11,439 battles
16 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

Another here that feels we need more weather, not less.

If it was removed, they'd might as well bring back the bathtub, and make it the only map.

As for eye strain, it's almost certainly a result of either A) game settings, B) monitor settings, or C) a low quality monitor. I can understand if the monitor has a poor black contrast (you'd be surprised how many "good" monitors do). I also suggest enabling HDR if your monitor supports it. If not, and you have the means, looking into a reasonable gaming or graphics arts monitor, and pay close attention to the blacks. That'll make the most noticeable difference.

1.  Again, not asking for removal.

2.  Somebody ALWAYS chimes up the ole your monitor or settings stink.  Sir, as I stated before, I have already explored this avenue looking for improvement, vut there was little to be had.  Im thing primarily about land of fire at sunset.  That much bright orange and red is hard on eyes no matter the monitor.

Members
3,354 posts
17,100 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I disagree.  I'd rather that weather events last the entire battle!

So you  would rather have battles where you can't see ships unless they are right in front of you for the entire battle? Really?  I bet you play Co-op.

• Confused 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,166 posts
15,427 battles

Sheesh OP really now.... weather events in this game are like 10% or less.... and weather is awesome...I vote for a REAL 25%, not a fake whiny 33.33333 %

[SALVO]
Members
25,826 posts
28,174 battles
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

So you  would rather have battles where you can't see ships unless they are right in front of you for the entire battle? Really?  I bet you play Co-op.

I play all game modes.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,016 posts
12,506 battles
3 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

NEVER said I want to be rid of it.

What I was geeting at:

1.  The amount of it should moderated.  Maybe 50% was an exaggeration, but not by a lot.  Of my last 8 high tier games had 4 had visibility reductions at some point in the game.

2.  spotting mechanics should be reworked to not favor BBs so heavily.  Something like a % reduction in spotting range with a floor and a ceiling spotting range. 

What you suggest is equivalent to getting rid of weather. Or starting such a process. Thats how bastion got removed.

[ANKER]
Members
1,410 posts
11,439 battles
46 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

What you suggest is equivalent to getting rid of weather. Or starting such a process. Thats how bastion got removed.

I dont think so.  I only suggest making the detections based on the ship's actual base detection rather than an arbitrary flat number.

It is obvious that the current cyclone setup benefits BBs the most by far.