Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Yashima Preview

57 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,684 posts
6,683 battles

TL:DW

No compelling reason to play over the Yamato.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

FYI. It was renamed to Shikishima.

Yeah, but Yashima is shorter.

• Boring 1

[TNG-3]
Members
26 posts
2,696 battles

Shikishima is the A-150.  More real than Conqueror and Republic as it was a legit paper BB with actual plans to be laid down.  It will play like Yamato and you can take it or leave it.  WGing will be introducing a tier 10 large caliber German BB soon also... and if they ever get Slava figured out, we'll then have 2 tier 10 BBs in each nation (except Italy which will get one eventually after the roll out, probably 2021 based on what we've had so far.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,648 posts
42,248 battles

If it's not worth the steel then they need to put it in the premium shop. Seems to me WG either adjust the sigma or adjust the stated max dispersion. So it is more effective at long range.

Technically, a slower shell velocity would allow a shell to spin longer in the barrel. So accuracy would be a key trait.

I guess if they leave it that way, they could just have it reload faster. And increase the secbat range due to the 15km limitations of the guns.

But 15kms is well within cruiser gun range.

She may not sink, but she could very well burn down.

I hope the American version is way better than this, because I won't buy or grind for a 15km BB. Nobody should.

The steel would be well spent on something else.

If WG decides to improve ranges and accuracy, then the compromise would be to put the ship in the research bureau so it is limited in release.

Ohio is a beast. Make this ship one and it has to be in the bureau.

I don't think WG can increase the shell velocity. They got that data from a real 20 inch gun that was tested. It's all about the mass of the shell.

Can you imagine the hoist they used to load a shell? Based on that, reload can't be reasonable at all.

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,711 posts
24,985 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

FYI. It was renamed to Shikishima.

With her current stats, she should be renamed to "Garbage."

2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I don't know why people downvoted your post, but it's the truth with that ship.  The only good thing about Yashima is the novelty of owning a variant of the Super Yamato design and good AA.  The rest of the ship isn't worth it.  You're just better off with Yamato.

I'm figuring you got Adrenaline Rush and MBM3 slotted, judging by your reload time, and it still looks bad.  Still bad stock 35 seconds reload?

IIRC she is as accurate as Yamato, but Yamato throws more shells with her "smaller" 460mm guns.

Yamato 460mm x9

Yashima 510mm x6

Even in the most ideal conditions Yashima throws fewer shells than Yamato.  Yamato simply throws the dice more to make use of her dispersion, Yashima has less shells to throw, so RNG can screw with her more.

You can even see the same thing happen to the 6-8 gun German BBs compared to 12 gun GK.  6 gun Gneisenau and the 8 gun German BBs still IMO don't look good for gunnery despite the improvement to USN BB Dispersion.  But GK with TWELVE guns, that's a totally different story and she's a scarier beast.

Another horrible aspect with Yashima and the 6 guns compared to 9 of Yammie?  Those occasions where you were playing and were not able to present all 3 turrets and had to live with only the 2 forward turrets for a max count of 4 rifles.  That's just horrible.

I will be surprised if this ship goes Live without significant improvement.  For the amount of Steel this thing is surely going to demand, it is a fool's buy to get it considering what the player is getting in return.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles

more noob friendly ships. Where it doesnt matter where u aim, your gonna get pens. 

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,711 posts
24,985 battles
17 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

more noob friendly ships. Where it doesnt matter where u aim, your gonna get pens. 

Not when you can only fling 6 shells max, 4 if you have to play and protect your citadel.

Yamato does the same exact things, but better, and with more rifles.  She even reloads faster and not at a laughable 35 seconds in a Tier X Battleship.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,711 posts
24,985 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What type of AA guns does Yashima carry? Any of those dual 100mm AA mounts?

Yes.  That's why the AA is better, she has a ton of the guns that the Imperial Japanese Navy had very few of.

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PJSB510&modules=1111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=111

The Akizuki 100mm guns were quite rare.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,234 posts
9,589 battles
8 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

She even reloads faster and not at a laughable 35 seconds in a Tier X Battleship.

Yeah, even my Musashi reloads almost 10 seconds faster.

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yeah, but Yashima is shorter.

:Smile_teethhappy:

53 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

With her current stats, she should be renamed to "Garbage."

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Yashima is shorter.

Yashima is way better

[BUOY]
Members
1,123 posts
15,507 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Considering Yashima is gonna be at least 30k steel and Xmas is 9 months away, noobs ain't getting access to her anytime soon... and besides, they have Lolpen Classic with 3 more rifles that will suit them better.

[O_O]
Members
674 posts
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't know why people downvoted your post, but it's the truth with that ship.

Because he posts his own videos on the forums.  Do you see any other CCs doing that?

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[ARB_2]
Members
173 posts
2,533 battles
5 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Straight up Battlestation Pacific memories.

[ARB_2]
Members
173 posts
2,533 battles
5 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

How does one become a tester to use this ship? I'd do almost anything to be a tester.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,711 posts
24,985 battles
1 hour ago, Rustyhole said:

Because he posts his own videos on the forums.  Do you see any other CCs doing that?

???

What's the issue with someone posting their videos on the forums?

Is there some super-secret taboo that I'm not aware of?

• Cool 1

Members
443 posts
451 battles

Should name this boat Yamama cause she gonna spank you hard if only she can put down the cookie dough long enough to get off the couch and catch your pro dodge-ball playin’ butt. Unfortunately, Ellen is on and she can’t miss that, unlike everything else further away than her favorite bowl of cheeze-ums.

Don’t think I’ll bother with this one and my only real question is: What does her torpedo protection look like? I hope she likes to eat fish!

• Funny 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,267 posts
5,775 battles
3 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

Don’t think I’ll bother with this one and my only real question is: What does her torpedo protection look like? I hope she likes to eat fish!

Identical to Yamato's.

[BBICT]
Members
3,886 posts
4,243 battles

But but...BIG GUNS!!!!! :Smile_playing: No really, I really don't see the point. They said Yamato would always be the big gun queen...aaaaaand then she's not. Why? Pictures of dead POUS. Sad really.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,805 battles
8 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

FYI. It was renamed to Shakirashima.

Yeah, I saw her during the halftime at Super Bowl LIV … 

She was much better than J. Lo :)

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
21 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Yeah, I saw her during the halftime at Super Bowl LIV … 

She was much better than J. Lo :)

Sign in to follow this