Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jas0n74

Drake advice

5 comments in this topic

[-GNZ-]
Members
32 posts
2,082 battles

Just got my Drake, looking for some advice on best way to set her up and play from those who have her or veteran players to give advice to a greenie. I loved the Albemarle, and did fairly decent with her. Does the Drake play the same? 

Thanks in advance. 

[BOTO]
Members
1,419 posts
17,033 battles
16 minutes ago, Jas0n74 said:

Just got my Drake, looking for some advice on best way to set her up and play from those who have her or veteran players to give advice to a greenie. I loved the Albemarle, and did fairly decent with her. Does the Drake play the same? 

Thanks in advance. 

She doesn't really play any different than the previous ships in the line.  You'll need to get good use out of your spotter plane as her short gun range can be a bit painful on the bigger maps. Personally I think the Drake is the best ship in the entire line.

• Cool 1

[ANKER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
578 posts
13,190 battles

The real difference is you now can penetrate 58mm of armor with the guns and that gives you more offensive firepower. Lower profile in the water makes it more ideal for playing defensive or using the ship to bow tank within the confines of good positioning. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
394 posts
17,279 battles
5 hours ago, Jas0n74 said:

Thanks in advance. 

I went a different way. I am still on the A hull and trying the Gun Fire control for longe range. Downside 18 second reload and floaty shells. Fight another cruiser they will shoot 3 times compared to your 2 (thats a average). The higher tiers seem to have a longer range type meta at times.

By the time I get to the B hull see if I like it.

Sign in to follow this