You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree

19 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,447 posts
16,309 battles

Grabbed Halsey - finally! The 50,000 elite commander XP he comes with was very useful.

On Friday night, ground through the easy path of 75 bomb, rocket and torpedo hits = 1 star, over and over again, to unlock the final Mission 5 task.

Saturday and Sunday, 50,000 ship XP was child's play.

Significantly advanced my Donskoi grind.

Now that the permanent campaigns are all complete, I decided to do some lower-tier playing. That was a LOT of fun.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 3

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

Congrats on Halsey. I have 3 more campaigns to finish.

Hit with a cold, took a lot of naps over the weekend but still managed to get both daily missions done.

Picked up the Minsk over the weekend. I'm getting close to picking up 3 T9 ships but I need a kazillion Commander Elite XP. 

I was surprised by Killer Whale. Sunday seems to be the worse day for pugs in ops. I only had 2 losses and several 4 & 5 star wins. That was a refreshing change.

It's time to start the 4th set of directives.              

[ARGSY]
Members
22,447 posts
16,309 battles
12 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Picked up the Minsk over the weekend.

I hope you like her, because you'll potentially be spending a lot of time in her (she's the branchpoint for the Khaba and Grozovoi lines). 

I actually did most of her grind in co-op. The 4km torps are less of a problem than in randoms, because you usually have to get in closer than that to guarantee a lethal attack anyway. I was fortunate enough to pick up a free permacamo (the regular one) for her early in 2019 via Daily Chains, and that was a BIG help.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
604 posts
12,383 battles

Made it to Rank 10, back down to 12 and now at 11. Great way to work on the UK on Moskova.

picked up a nice amount of steel as I was able to play cbs this weekend.

also unlocked the Gneisenau 

Members
384 posts
15,212 battles

Congrats on Halsey.  I still haven't figured out where to put him yet.  He's just sitting in my reserves at the moment.

Finished the 3rd Directive Friday; have another 150-200 tokens to get this week to unlock Cunningham.  I also had some really good random games Friday and Saturday with the Donskoi.  Got to over 25k experience on her towards the ~ 235K xp needed for the T10.  Sunday RL stuff took most of my time so only played a couple of co-op games before calling it a night.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,196 posts
10,452 battles

Friday - Work has been kicking my aft all week, but me and my coworkers got something done late Friday, and instead of playing, I asked "What would @legozer do?"  So we got our drink on instead.

Saturday - two crates and a daily.

Sunday - Started by getting 27K shaved off my Yoshino 30 seconds in to the match by a Musashi.  A green (then pink) Musashi.  First time I've been shot at by a teammate in high tier coop (low tier can be the wild west sometimes).  Dude then sails away to the edge of the map.  Since it was the start of the month, I did the two dailies, to track BXP and potential damage for the next directive (and to get the port slots rolling). 

• Funny 1

Members
108 posts
5,209 battles

got the Blyskawica & pretty excited about it.  Tiers 5-9, Randoms, were fine, but i found Tier 10 to be a absolute scrub fest.  played a few Ranked, was fun.  took 2 of my nieces to see Frozen 2 for the second time & backed into my step dad's truck.  minor damage, major beratement 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,447 posts
16,309 battles
13 minutes ago, chrisope said:

Got to over 25k experience on her towards the ~ 235K xp needed for the T10.

I'm just a little bit behind you - 32K of the 40K needed for Hull C. I'm pacing myself out - two random battles in the Donsk to start the evening (because it will still count for the dailies even if I lose), then I go over to co-op for the near-guaranteed wins to get the dailies done, do directive tasks, and grab the tokens for Cunningham.

Two more nights of that, and then I'll have Cunningham and it won't matter as much if I get a long run of randoms losses. I'll get the DD and BB directive tasks done at low-mid tiers in the early part of the week. Then once I've picked up Cunningham, I'll play Donskoi in Randoms each night till I'm sick of her, getting the fire directive done along the way, and Salem or Atlanta in co-op for extra fires and to farm ECXP if I need to wait for Donskoi to come back to port.

That way I can work on the 30K base XP task and possibly the potential damage and ignore the carrier task. I enjoy CV, but the method I've just outlined works on more of the things I'm trying to do. It's not JUST about getting the London.

[PVE]
Members
4,837 posts
21,231 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Grabbed Halsey - finally! The 50,000 elite commander XP he comes with was very useful.

On Friday night, ground through the easy path of 75 bomb, rocket and torpedo hits = 1 star, over and over again, to unlock the final Mission 5 task.

Now that the permanent campaigns are all complete, I decided to do some lower-tier playing. That was a LOT of fun.

As I said earlier this week, bought through to the Moskva with FXP; bought a CPT for her; and then took her out for several matches. 

Tried one more Ranked and the stomp was so bad the game lasted less than 6 minutes: won't do that again. 

Did the daily's for some reason I still am not sure of?  A British CPT?  OK, I'll add him to the Reserve list because I really don't have many British ships I'll ever use. 

Grandson plays Blitz a little and wanted to try the Training Room; so, he played several hours in there with my ships.  He thinks the game is boring and went back to Fortnite & Blitz........  No clan activity in this game this weekend. 

Other than that, will finish the directive this week and that's about it for me.....

[WOLF9]
Members
4,675 posts

Directive parts 2 and 3?  DONE!

Fri and Sat I could only play a little due to work.  (and Saturday, I was already beyond steamed when I logged on, so...  Thanks to that jerk Murphy smacking me around all day.)

Sunday I went at it!

For part 3, I did the kills; captain xp;  secondaries, and DD hits.   I tried "the impossible dream"  aka the cruiser incap, but shyeah right...   Incaps only happen often when I'M driving the DD, lol.  (fargin bots...)    Did secondaries mainly with Georgia.    The DD missions I simply went down the list, until I found a fun one for that day.

Highlights were two monster 5 kill games in Cossack and Benson.  I think that's by far my best ever Benson game, too.   Cossack racked up over 300 main battery hits that game alone!!

Members
384 posts
15,212 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm just a little bit behind you - 32K of the 40K needed for Hull C. I'm pacing myself out - two random battles in the Donsk to start the evening (because it will still count for the dailies even if I lose), then I go over to co-op for the near-guaranteed wins to get the dailies done, do directive tasks, and grab the tokens for Cunningham.

Two more nights of that, and then I'll have Cunningham and it won't matter as much if I get a long run of randoms losses. I'll get the DD and BB directive tasks done at low-mid tiers in the early part of the week. Then once I've picked up Cunningham, I'll play Donskoi in Randoms each night till I'm sick of her, getting the fire directive done along the way, and Salem or Atlanta in co-op for extra fires and to farm ECXP if I need to wait for Donskoi to come back to port.

That way I can work on the 30K base XP task and possibly the potential damage and ignore the carrier task. I enjoy CV, but the method I've just outlined works on more of the things I'm trying to do. It's not JUST about getting the London.

I did take the easier way; I used my free experience (had/have over 2.5 million FXP I think) to get past the modules (it did take something for me to use my FXP, as I almost never use it for that.  Generally save it for ships, etc, but this is worth it to me, and I can re-coup the FXP as I go I think).  So only have the XP to unlock the Moskova to earn.  I've been doing both randoms and co-op for the Donskoi.  Had some terrible games in randoms at first, but as I mentioned previously, my last few games I've stayed mostly at distance with the BBs hitting ships of opportunity and farming XP (and contributing to wins).  Makes me feel a lot better at my T9/T10 play now.  Hopefully will earn Cunningham without cutting it too close.  I've been usually getting the one daily per day, and the directives.  I also bought the London, so that's an added 10 tokens per day for playing (generally in co-op for the win).  The added doubloons will be a bonus after the 4th Directive.  I think my math has me with the 1000 tokens needed by the end of this coming weekend.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,447 posts
16,309 battles
14 minutes ago, chrisope said:

I also bought the London

I considered doing that, but why, when I can get her for free? Had I done so, that would have given me the equivalent of the tokens provided by Daily Chain 2 and I could have switched to Randoms each night sooner with confidence. But I'm almost there now, so that's some money saved that I can throw at something else later if I need/want to.

The other thing I considered was FXP-ing to the Albemarle, but my FXP is currently earmarked for the Hayate or for jumping to the Moskva if I fail the grind or have to abandon it for whatever reason. 

17 minutes ago, chrisope said:

I've stayed mostly at distance with the BBs hitting ships of opportunity

This has been my approach also. She has a glass jaw, and skilled human players at shorter ranges will summarily end you without breaking a sweat. 

Members
384 posts
15,212 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This has been my approach also. She has a glass jaw, and skilled human players at shorter ranges will summarily end you without breaking a sweat.

^^ This I have found out for sure.  Watched a few videos on how to Donskoi, and that helped (re staying at arms + reach).  Still have to curb my inane sense of 'getting into the action' instead of staying back and being patient.  Still a learning process after playing for 4-5 years now.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I hope you like her, because you'll potentially be spending a lot of time in her (she's the branchpoint for the Khaba and Grozovoi lines). 

I actually did most of her grind in co-op. The 4km torps are less of a problem than in randoms, because you usually have to get in closer than that to guarantee a lethal attack anyway. I was fortunate enough to pick up a free permacamo (the regular one) for her early in 2019 via Daily Chains, and that was a BIG help.

I have two permacamos for the Minsk. I don't remember where I picked them up. Haven't looked into the 2 branches of Russian DD's so I'm not sure which one to take 1st but that will be later.

One reason I have trouble with DD's in randoms is I like to get up close & personal with my torps not spam them & hope one or two hits a red ship. 

[ARGSY]
Members
22,447 posts
16,309 battles
On 3/2/2020 at 2:57 PM, kgh52 said:

I have two permacamos for the Minsk. I don't remember where I picked them up.

Both of them were for Dailies chains at one point, and if you routinely play hard enough, often enough, they'd have fallen into your lap without you even needing to think about it. The standard one was 20, the special one 30. I got the standard one only, but they both do the same thing functionally so I'm not fussed. 

Minsk is amazing in co-op because you have to get close to torpedo anything anyway, and the meta suits YOLO BB rush attacks with one-shot kills. 

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Both of them were for Dailies chains at one point, and if you routinely play hard enough, often enough, they'd have fallen into your lap without you even needing to think about it. The standard one was 20, the special one 30. I got the standard one only, but they both do the same thing functionally so I'm not fussed. 

Minsk is amazing in co-op because you have to get close to torpedo anything anyway, and the meta suits YOLO BB rush attacks with one-shot kills. 

Playing DD's in coops hampers my transition into randoms. While under some situations you can get in close but most of the time you need more range then the Russian 4k for torpedoes in randoms.

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
On 3/2/2020 at 4:30 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Great job. I've been stuck at 888 for a few days. Have been playing 95% ranked ( cuz I love going up to 7 and down to 10 over and over) the few hours a day I have game time. I know from past posts of yours that you are generally well informed and get events figured out quickly  Where did you get the most Halsey points in the shortest time? Any tips or tricks you can share appreciated.

Edited by thebigblue

[ARGSY]
Members
22,447 posts
16,309 battles

How easy or difficult this is depends on which ships you have, how confidently you can guarantee accomplishments in Randoms, and where you are up to at this point. If you have Tier VIII+ carriers it becomes much easier, especially in the final stage.