You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

I'm Not Sure How Many People Went For This Offering

10 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,351 posts
16,941 battles

I know I wasn't tempted even a bit,Even if it were the Kutuzov  now if it were the Benham,Kutuzov  yup and I know if they offered up the Missouri,Kutuzov,Benham  a lot of of people would jump at it!:cap_like::Smile_teethhappy:But a tier three Dreadnought?!  That was an easy hard pass for me  Strategic Reserve    $99.99  is just too rich for me even  with 25,000 Doubloons thrown in.Matter of fact  there are very few WG offerings  I'd  pay  a  $100.00  for

Edited by shadowsrmine

[-TKS-]
Members
836 posts
15,641 battles

as opposed to what its normally $100 for 25k dubs its not half bad you also get the katori and port slots . 

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
687 posts
24,824 battles

Dont you get the equivalent comp in doubs if you have the ships already?..So its not a bad deal if you got 100 clams too throw away. plus the port slots.

Never mind no comp.....

Edited by Grapefruitcannon

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
4,488 battles

I've seen premium ship bundles with doubloons as bonuses. But a doubloon bundle with premium ships as bonuses? I'm new to this.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,204 battles

It's 25K doubloons at the usual price for anyone who specifically wants to buy 25K doubloons right now. You get the ships thrown in for free, and if you don't already have one or both, it's a way to get yourself some low-tier fun while buying what you were out to get anyway. 

No, I wouldn't buy 25K doubloons just to get the ships (I already have the Dreadnought, and I am not interested in the Katori).

• Cool 1

[WOLFO]
Members
589 posts
5,484 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

..., and I am not interested in the Katori).

This observation, ty! :)

Was sorely tempted with the prospect of 6k DB. I didn't really mind the ship, it seemed okay(if I needed another low tier).

But, knowing that the transfer is essentially the same, granted with a ship, meh, I'm good. I'll keep my 25$ TY! I could have almost wiped away all the XP I have gathered on Premium ships before it gets out of hand. Start back at 0. And be more mindful. I do wish however the Store had a cart, where it allowed more than one purchase at a time. Unless I am missing something.

Edited by iamSamoth

[ARGSY]
Members
22,236 posts
16,204 battles
32 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

I do wish however the Store had a cart, where it allowed more than one purchase at a time. Unless I am missing something.

Apparently they tried it and it was badly broken (in the not-functioning way). 

[DVYJC]
Members
3,658 posts
8,686 battles

Like most non-coupon Wargaming premium shop deals, it wasn't really a deal. It's like shopping at Kohl's for clothing. Everything is marked as being deeply discounted, but nothing was ever sold for the (inflated) original price anyway, so the discount price is functionally the original price. In this case, $100 for 25,000 doubloons was the normal price, and they're throwing in one or two very inexpensive premium ships and port slots. However, by the time you're thinking about buying 25,000 doubloons, it's highly likely that Dreadnought and Katori will serve no functional purpose in your fleet, anyway, and/or that you own at least one (as Dreadnought was given away a while ago). With no doubloon compensation, it's not really a question of "Is this a good deal?," because it's not, just one of whether you wanted 25,000 doubloons at the normal price or not.