Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Apoxonu

Premium Ships?

12 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
8,120 battles

How is it cost effective to use these ship? When you have to pay money to get the Free experience. Seem that none of the tree ships will out match a premium. Why bother to play. By one X and have at it.

• Confused 2

[-OG-]
Members
287 posts
8,905 battles

How is it cost-effective? Because it allows you to earn more credits, XP, Commander XP per battle. As for why you have to pay money to get free exp this is a conscious choice made by WoWs and a good one at that. If you need to know why just look at the other Vehicular-Combat MMO that the forums won't allow me to say the name of. In that game, any person with a credit card can grind to high tiers using the premium vehicle because they don't have it locked behind a paywall which results in a lot of idiots who have no clue what they're doing at higher tiers. In wows, however, even if some person buys a high tier premium vehicle it won't allow them to skip through lower tiers because of the fact that all XP earned on a ship stays on that ship unless converted over using doubloons. This results in fewer noobies at high tier gameplay and a better battle experience for everyone.

15 minutes ago, Apoxonu said:

Why bother to play

What??? Why bother to play premiums? Why bother to play the game? Why bother to play with the light switch? What are you asking?

16 minutes ago, Apoxonu said:

By one X and have at it

What???? First, did you mean "buy" and second, you can't buy T10's (PR being the exception) so this argument is completely and totally wrong.

What is your argument and what are you complaining about? I've read your comment 10x over and it's not making any more sense than the last 9x I've read it.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
29 minutes ago, Apoxonu said:

How is it cost effective to use these ship? When you have to pay money to get the Free experience. Seem that none of the tree ships will out match a premium. Why bother to play. By one X and have at it.

Their unique ships usually. They provide 50% extra credit earnings and 50% more XP per battle meaning that they also earn more Free XP per battle. They also tend to have unique camofluages that reduce the post-battle cost and increase their earning further. Their great for getting that daily container, grinding credits, and grinding XP/Free XP. Tech tree ships don't provide extra earnings. 

Edited by JackSparrow_665

Members
1,195 posts

There was one ship way back when that exceled more than it's premium twin. ...the Minekazie .compared to the Kamikazie R and the Fujin twins was a very deadly ship. Better torpedoes better speed heck I thing even better concealment . That was a tech tree shop that was awesome. Until the great japanese DD nerf came and destroyed them all.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,558 battles

Premiums can often have a collection of gimmicks that are a lot of fun to play, and as others have said, they are great for earning credits, which you need for tech tree stuffs.

Two I recommend for new players are the Asashio, and the Massachampus. Both are tier 8, which gives a neat spread of opponents, from tier VI to tier X, and both can function OK when uptiered.

I never get sick of taking these two ships out for a spin. The Asashio is very sneaky, a typical ambush IJN dd, while the Massa is a straight up, in-your-face, brawling monster.

Having fun while you earn the credits you need to buy the next tech tree hull is a great thing. I'm glad I bought these, and encourage new players to throw a coin to WG, especially if they offer you the magic 200% bonus coupon.

Edited by SidTheBlade

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
8 hours ago, Apoxonu said:

Premiums come with Premium camo, which allows you to make more credits, which allows you to economically play at high tiers without per se being a unicum. Premiums can also accept any commander from that nation without retraining and with their XP bonus they thus are good for leveling up commanders. Premiums are not per se better than the same level tech tree ships but they usually play differently. For instance, the tier VIII North Carolina is a long-range sniper whereas the tier VIII Premium Massachusetts is a medium range secondary battery brawler.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLFG]
Members
31,298 posts
9,617 battles
9 hours ago, Apoxonu said:

How is it cost effective to use these ship?

Because you can't buy captain XP.

9 hours ago, Apoxonu said:

Why bother to play. By one X and have at it.

Then you can only generate captain XP for one nation.

[PPNA2]
Members
77 posts
11,925 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Because you can't buy captain XP.

Then you can only generate captain XP for one nation.

You can use free xp to train captains, so technically you can buy captain xp.

If you only had a T10 ship, eventually that captain would get to 19 and then you could train your other captains with Elite XP, regardless of nationality.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,298 posts
9,617 battles
1 hour ago, Thegooorooo said:

You can use free xp to train captains, so technically you can buy captain xp.

You can, but that's less cost effective, as the only way to do it at the same rate is to pay to convert.

If you only had a T10 ship, eventually that captain would get to 19 and then you could train your other captains with Elite XP, regardless of nationality.

Good point, I didn't think of that, because I have a 19-pt IJN captain, (using Musashi) and the next 19-pointer is also IJN.

I'd prefer multiple premiums though, just so I can grind captain XP while having a variety of ships to play.

3 or 4 in a row in one ship is about all I can stand lol. 

Edited by Skpstr

Sign in to follow this