Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RetAF

Worst weekend of play since I started years ago...what changed?

10 comments in this topic

[D-DAY]
Members
50 posts
9,246 battles

I played tier X all weekend for the most part.  Trying to get the Legend module for Yammie and others.  I have rarely ever felt depressed playing; this weekend I did.  Not do to wins and losses, although the teams did contribute to that, but rather how they went.  Cruisers now make up the bulk of the teams.  As such, the HE spam, camping, and lack of teamwork has been horrific, except for the Smollie divisions that super spammed there way around the map, destroying every ship in range.  Horrifying as they traded smoke.  Nothing could be done.  With few exceptions, 1 DD each side and they were often running from the caps as often as cruisers.  I really have no idea how to balance cruisers and I mean by their manner of play.  It is a maximum camp fest.  Every ship was terrified to advance for one reason or another.  I think that's the problem. 1/3 or so do advance to secure caps but die from concentrated fire.  Really love the game.  Something is horribly wrong.  

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

You have BBs that can erase most cruisers in a salvo or two, cruisers that can erase DDs in a salvo or two, and cruisers that can make life unfun for anyone that gets spotted that can't immediately disengage.  Toss in CVs, increasingly stronger ships and you get campfest 2020.  Anyone that peaks out thinks they are going to get blapped, so they hide.

• Cool 1

[TIGRB]
Members
888 posts
17,075 battles

I recall a quote from General George S. Patton regarding the command style of Field Marshall Montgomery in WW2. Patton Said He is more worried about losing a battle than winning one. That's what I see out there.

[WORX]
Members
11,926 posts
19,472 battles

Well, this is what we get when we advocate for a one ordnance dominated platform..

If you think its bad now... Wait till the IFHE changes takes into affect in 0.9.2.

Yammi suffers from power creep. It should be the top BB in the game... Instead its only has the top guns (for now)...

As long as guns and BBs dominate the platform... Tier8-10 will reflect that vision.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
3,270 posts
27,852 battles

After 4 straight top of the team losses this afternoon, I called it quits. In the last match we lost our 3 dds in under 4 mins, our Yammy solo charged the A cap despite a shima being spotted sitting in the that cap. Our Mo never left the spawn but he wasn’t AFK cause he was in chat assuring us his guns were pointing at the enemy lol 

Edited by giovybez

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts
3 hours ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

Most of the talent are busy in ranked right now.

Really?  Not that I have seen.  

[UNC]
Members
852 posts
6,196 battles

I wound up with a 36% WR for my session tonight, despite averaging about 84k/game in damage (27k above my career average).  I really wanted to finish the grind to Goliath.  I did, but it was painful.  The bulk of the losses were extremely lopsided; i.e. other team lost 3 ships or less.  Couple nail biters that went as losses as well.  After a 170k loss in Goliath I decided it wasn't worth the frustration and logged out.  Finding myself less and less interested in playing lately due to the lack of competitive random matches.  It's always a blowout one way or the other.  Blah.

[TORCH]
Members
664 posts
17,049 battles

Funny, I had a pretty GOOD weekend.  Better than usual.  I'm sure the RNG gods will notice shortly and correct that situation, but still, fun while it lasted.

Sign in to follow this