You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Scubasteve__04

I hate high tier USN rockets

6 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
873 battles

The HVARs are pure trash. The arming time is so long that it becomes an ordeal to attack destroyers because you need to initiate your attack well outside view distance. If you do manage even a broadside hit, the damage is going to be pitiful (usually hit around 2k- 2.5k). The spread on the rockets is extreme. My graf zeppelin and shokaku rockets can reliably do 4.5k-5k damage to destroyers and they are much easier to initiate attacks.

The tiny tim's are a bit better but pure RNG. I have lined up perfect shots on stationary destroyers and not gotten a single hit. Sure, you can see 7K+ hits or outright detonations but it seems rather rare. The average damage still seems lower than other nations rockets against DDs. And the increase penetration against larger armored ships seems redundant when you usually only hit for under 10k while torps or bombs can hit BBs for 15-20k. 

Edited by Scubasteve__04

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,458 posts
14,821 battles

This is not what I expected but according to the anti CV folks you hit them hard every time. The blind attack starts in tier 8 because of how fast the planes are.

• Cool 1

[GRETA]
Members
1,249 posts
10,114 battles

Tiny Tim's are better suited for setting fire to the superstructure of larger ships.  HVARS are better for DDs and light cruisers.   Yes they are lower damage and they have low health pools but they are fast and are the best option for early spotting or finishing off low health ships.

As stated above, if you are looking for that rocket plane that can consistently "omg that CV took 3/4 my life in a single rocket pass" you are going to be searching for a long time.  Rocket are good for starting damage or finishing low health ships, if you want to kill anything with them you are going to need help.

• Cool 1

Members
18 posts
873 battles
1 hour ago, HallaSnackbar said:

Tiny Tim's are better suited for setting fire to the superstructure of larger ships.  HVARS are better for DDs and light cruisers.   Yes they are lower damage and they have low health pools but they are fast and are the best option for early spotting or finishing off low health ships.

As stated above, if you are looking for that rocket plane that can consistently "omg that CV took 3/4 my life in a single rocket pass" you are going to be searching for a long time.  Rocket are good for starting damage or finishing low health ships, if you want to kill anything with them you are going to need help.

Tiny tims are the only option but unreliable for attacking DDs. And with Midways HE bombers they are extremely redundant. 

HVARs are pure trash. Would rather take rocket load from graph zeppelin or shokaku and put them on the bearcats than take HVAR if I had the option.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,370 posts
13,033 battles

I take Sight Stabilization on all my Carriers and get acceptable results out of them. They are no where near as effective as DD players claim, and like any rocket, they can be dodged. (and oh, how I've seen DD's dodging rockets tonight.)

I pretty much don't use Tiny Tim's because for me, they really serve no purpose, not enough rockets to hit DD's, and if I want to hit cruisers, I'll just use torps or DB's.

• Cool 1