You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
onegr8pony

Friendly Bot fire

24 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
10,738 posts
18,462 battles

They shoot their torps irregularly a lot lately, I have heard.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,581 battles

I had this happen the other day. Only me and bot left on team, enemy CV only left on other team 20k plus away. Bot sticks two torps in me. Like WG has programmed them to throw game if possible to deny win. If I had sunk we would have lost, lucky I was able to dodge the other torps he sent my way.

• Cool 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,396 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

They shoot their torps irregularly a lot lately, I have heard.

It's premature torpilation. When a bot gets excited by you or your ship captain waifu and out pops the torps. Usually the French DDs smoke up afterwards.

Royal Navy just sail off with indifference. Russian DDs usually come up short because of the range and get closer, run away. US Navy DDs will do it too, only it might spawn in next MM as a red and head straight for you. IJN are never going to admit that. Bot IJN DDs are tsunderes.

Pan Asian, I have yet to see it happen.

The bot Haida does it a few times but actually apologies.

The German DDs just do it and don't care if you don't like it. I would be wary of German bots. You can easily distract them with a picture of David Hasselhoff.

I have seen a bot Perth hit me with torps, but it usually runs behind a rock.

Maybe just as well as you really don't want to shoot back.

Just keep an eye on them and you do fine.

• Funny 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,485 posts
14,823 battles

Their targeting algorithms have always been less than reliable, friendly ships in between them and their target are not seen. The torpedoes in strange directions is more recent and harder to defend against than friendly ships simply being invisible to them as they have no targets when they do those launches.

Members
1,481 posts
17,714 battles

Oh yes it is a thing the bots do. It keeps the co-op games from getting too boring as you have to keep an eye on the green bots as well as the red ones.

Members
3,664 posts
42,396 battles
48 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Oh yes it is a thing the bots do. It keeps the co-op games from getting too boring as you have to keep an eye on the green bots as well as the red ones.

Head on a swivel. I had a team mate try to report a bot for TK. Rest of us realized he was new and we played along. It's so funny most of us improvised the jokes. Some funny days just land right on your lap. New to bots at tier 9, priceless.

• Funny 1

[TF_64]
Members
43 posts
14,295 battles
2 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Head on a swivel. I had a team mate try to report a bot for TK. Rest of us realized he was new and we played along. It's so funny most of us improvised the jokes. Some funny days just land right on your lap. New to bots at tier 9, priceless.

That is funny, the bot that shot me was a Nurnberg. Just saying 1st time it happened to me without any enemy near my position

Members
3,664 posts
42,396 battles
5 minutes ago, onegr8pony said:

That is funny, the bot that shot me was a Nurnberg. Just saying 1st time it happened to me without any enemy near my position

Yeah, they will do it. Oddly a Nurn is very notorious for that red or green. The red one will hold a rack and wait for you to dodge. The green one will drop them all as if they were on fire or something.

But also watch out for bot CVs. They don't mind dropping really close to you to get a red and they always hit you.

If you go close quarters with a BB in a cruiser, it is not uncommon for your own team Yammy to hit you first while aiming at the same BB. Bot yammys used to just ram, but now they take risky shots and hit you.

Keep any IJN cruisers in front of you if they are bots. LOL

[PHD]
Members
1,746 posts
7,130 battles

I had a team bot Amalfi put three torps in my DD this week. But I was dodging in front of him so I kinda understand. 

But a saw amother bot had a target on his starboard side but launched it's port tubes in the opposite direction,  twice!

[O_O]
Members
6,906 posts
16,569 battles

Don't trust a bot, especially a green one.

They WILL torp you from time to time.  Intentionally.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,167 posts
26,804 battles
1 hour ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

There’s a reason I call a game where I’m the only human a ‘1 versus 17 game.’

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles

Keep in mind that the green bots are just PO'ed they are not on the red team. They are probably a feeling a bit under appreciated and think they are demoted or something. Disgruntled bots can't be trusted, Especially that :Tegethoff bot!

Members
3,664 posts
42,396 battles
2 hours ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Keep in mind that the green bots are just PO'ed they are not on the red team. They are probably a feeling a bit under appreciated and think they are demoted or something. Disgruntled bots can't be trusted, Especially that :Tegethoff bot!

Oh, that one especially. Look up cranky toaster and his name comes up.

• Funny 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,396 battles

The scariest bot at tier is the Danae. For some reason it has adopted a fighting style of a certain Danae unicum streamer.

Its mode of attack is shoot a few shells, pop smoke, duck behind an island, cap a cap point, and finally chase down your CV team mate. You can't even trust a bot Danae on your team. Some occasionally circle back to your CV team mate and torp him. It's not fatal but seems like Danaes have a built in aggressive stance against CVs. Bot Danaes will citadel you if you are a cruiser, with such disturbing relentlessness.

The part that bugs me is I can land a shot on it but it overpens or is not fatal enough. It then gets away. You lose contact for 3-5 minutes and before you know it, it's halfway to your team CV. I swear it has a Romulan cloaking device.

The torpedoes are sneaky too. When it smokes up, out come the torps.

I think we can not underestimate a Danae. Especially if a certain streamer uses it.

It's a good thing it doesn't have HE shells or it would be a legit menace.

Fear the Danae if you are a CV main. I still have nightmares.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
addendum

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
7 hours ago, onegr8pony said:

I just had a friendly bot torpedo me on purpose. He was not shooting at enemy bots as the only remaining enemy was 180' from my position. replay attached.

20200301_171934_PBSA106-Furious_05_Ring.wowsreplay

Recently I've notice more incidents of bot "friendly fire" in coops against both human players & bot ships. I was torpedoed in the side by a bot & the nearest target was outside of that ship's torpedo's range by a couple of klicks.

• Cool 1

[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts

Bots also sometimes fire mirrored torps. That is to say, iffor examplethey're targeting a ship 50° of their port side, they'll for some reason fire a spread of torpedoes 50° off their starboard side instead. Great fun if you're sailing next to them on their starboard side.

Edited by Hermetica

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

And their pink status will be gone by the next match too. Maybe if bots had multi-match pink and orange consequences like the rest of us, they'd be a little more careful about where they launch their torps.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,815 battles
15 hours ago, onegr8pony said:

I just had a friendly bot torpedo me on purpose. He was not shooting at enemy bots as the only remaining enemy was 180' from my position. replay attached.

20200301_171934_PBSA106-Furious_05_Ring.wowsreplay

I knew I wasn't crazy - I started a post on this a couple of weeks ago

Thanks for showing proof :)

[CO-OP]
Members
1,845 posts
26,633 battles
15 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Long while back it was possible to report bots, IIRC it was even possible to report them for being bots.

Members
3,664 posts
42,396 battles
1 hour ago, Efros said:

Long while back it was possible to report bots, IIRC it was even possible to report them for being bots.

Yeah, I remember when we could. Those were the days.