You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

LU: How Is This Possible?

11 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

For the Yamato legendary upgrade, in my port the current mission shows this in-progress:

Untitled.png.4469b37201ecfc19c4da0d8a9c0b500f.png

However, when dusting off Yamato after a long hiatus, I was reminded that I already have it:

Untitled1.png.e4f78c614f14b2da2290134e7a3e5d47.png

Remind me how this is possible again?  Was there a LU reward at some point I forgot about?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,366 posts
22,175 battles
58 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I worked hard for that event.  It's what got me my Zao, DM, and maybe 1-2 other Legendaries.

I didn't work hard and just got Yammy's...

I now have:

Shimmy, Gearing, Des Moines, Zao, Moskva, Hindy and Grozovoi to boot.

Finishing up Z52, Henri.

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I worked hard for that event.  It's what got me my Zao, DM, and maybe 1-2 other Legendaries.

I do not believe there was sufficient ironium available in that event to get more than 1 upgrade.  If I recall correctly you could get 480 from directives and maybe another 200 from missions.  I could be mistaken though.  I know I did basically everything available that was free, and only had enough for 1 upgrade and some change.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,813 posts
25,049 battles
14 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I do not believe there was sufficient ironium available in that event to get more than 1 upgrade.  If I recall correctly you could get 480 from directives and maybe another 200 from missions.  I could be mistaken though.  I know I did basically everything available that was free, and only had enough for 1 upgrade and some change.

You may be right.  I do remember busting my butt playing and getting tons of Legendaries around that timeframe.  Probably from a combination of normal play with my Tier X Legendary Grinding as well as the event topping it off.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
43 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

28 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You may be right.  I do remember busting my butt playing and getting tons of Legendaries around that timeframe.  Probably from a combination of normal play with my Tier X Legendary Grinding as well as the event topping it off.

You could get one for free, but there were additional missions you could purchase with doubloons to get more.

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors, Supertester
950 posts
15,111 battles

Indeed as @grumpymunky stated, one for free the others you could obtain by spending dubloons.

I ended up with 2 in total from that. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

So, if the same LU can essentially be earned twice, is there a reward for the second time (ie: doubloons, credits, etc)?

[WOLF3]
Members
28,813 posts
25,049 battles
On 3/1/2020 at 5:24 PM, grumpymunky said:

You could get one for free, but there were additional missions you could purchase with doubloons to get more.

I think that's what I did.