You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

port slots

39 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

I do appreciate WG including a port slot as part of the rewards for Daily Mission easy, normal & hard. My fleet is growing & these port slot come at a good time.

I rag on WG over CV's & scenarios a lot but this is one time they get a thank you.

• Cool 8

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,579 battles

It been like this since Jan 2020

It based on your daily mission at 3/9/20 mark. :Smile_great:

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles

I have 44 slots already, so I don't need anymore. But WG is really helping players with the free slots in missions.

[WOLFO]
Members
589 posts
5,479 battles

They have been a great incentive for me to press for T5, I will be up to ten, if I succeed this month. Which will be wonderful breathing room, and keep it from nagging me. And I will have space for the full complement of T5-6 ships in the game. Not sure what my next goal will be, I am not dead set on a line yet. Or a nation. They all seem to have nice distinct qualities. Not sure how many ships across that board are. I hope I can fit them.

Edited by iamSamoth

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
5 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

They have been a great incentive for me to press for T5, I will be up to ten, if I succeed this month. Which will be wonderful breathing room, and keep it from nagging me. And I will have space for the full complement of T5-6 ships in the game. Not sure what my next goal will be, I am not dead set on a line yet. Or a nation. They all seem to have nice distinct qualities. Not sure how many ships across that board are. I hope I can fit them.

Currently,

Japan has 37 tech tree ships.

US has 36 tech tree ships.

USSR has 30 tech tree ships (33 SoonTM).

Germany has 27 tech tree ships.

UK has 37 tech tree ships.

France has 27 tech tree ships.

Pan-Asia has 10 tech tree ships.

Italy has 10 tech tree ships.

Europe will have 10 tech tree ships in 9.3 (likely Wed, Apr 8th).

Commonwealth and Pan-American do not have any tech tree ships and no plans revealed at this time to have any.

So you have 214 tech tree ships now and 227 SoonTM.

• Cool 1

[WOLFO]
Members
589 posts
5,479 battles

Of only T5-6. :) Non-Premiums. Only ships I can earn. Premium ships are an XP hole.

Edited by iamSamoth

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
4 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

Of only T5-6. :) Non-Premiums. Only ships I can earn. Premium ships are an XP hole.

Premiums do allow you to farm XP bonuses for Cmdrs and are useful for retraining Cmdrs.

• Cool 2

[WOLFO]
Members
589 posts
5,479 battles

meh, but the xp just ends up being stranded there for people of limited means. I can't afford to give WG 30 bucks to move XP from Warspite, ever. I wouldn't even consider it tbh.

I'll play at T5 to be eligible for the rewards system, that's about it. I will eventually earn the upper tiers, but at this point, this will be my plateau.

I didn't understand the XP, and Currency mechanics before I started using Warspite, or PE Friedrich. I did consider using them in small bites to get large sums of CR for in game, and just build a giant pool of XP to draw from. But, that is far off. I'll be here at T5-6, fishing OP's and Dailies.

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
1 minute ago, iamSamoth said:

meh, but the xp just ends up being stranded there for people of limited means. I can't afford to give WG 30 bucks to move XP from Warspite, ever. I wouldn't even consider it tbh.

Eh, just let the Elite Ship XP just sit there. Use premiums for XP farming and retraining.

I'll play at T5 to be eligible for the rewards system, that's about it. I will eventually earn the upper tiers, but at this point, this will be my plateau.

That is perfectly fine. Do note that sometimes missions will require higher tiers like T6, T7 or T8.

I didn't understand the XP, and Currency mechanics before I started using Warspite, or PE Friedrich. I did consider using them in small bites to get large sums of CR for in game, and just build a giant pool of XP to draw from. But, that is far off. I'll be here at T5-6, fishing OP's and Dailies.

Premiums do tend to earn more credits than tech tree ships. So while you are farming XP for your Cmdrs, you also get extra credits.

[TBW]
Members
10,723 posts
18,431 battles

Way to go WG good work.

March 1 is celebrated as World Compliment Day, a day that aims to address the “basic human need for recognition and appreciation.” Make someone's day by praising them. Started in the Netherlands by Hans Poortvliet in 2001, the day is now celebrated in many European countries including Norway and Belgium.

[B-Z]
Members
199 posts
23,180 battles
1 hour ago, iamSamoth said:

.... I can't afford to give WG 30 bucks to move XP from Warspite, ever. I wouldn't even consider it tbh....

Wise choice. I worked out the other day I would have to spend over $4000 to convert my Elite Ship XP. Not happening.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
7 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

It been like this since Jan 2020

It based on your daily mission at 3/9/20 mark. :Smile_great:

Yes, & I've got the previous 6 slots. As I said, these slots have came at a good time for me. :cap_rambo:

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,252 posts
16,579 battles
3 hours ago, kgh52 said:

at a good time

Directive 4, mission: The Underlying Principle = 1 port slot

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
896 posts
13,808 battles
14 hours ago, iamSamoth said:

Premium ships are an XP hole.

So is any tech tree ship that has been elited. Just play any premiums you have and don't worry about the "stranded" XP.

11 hours ago, John_Crace said:

Wise choice. I worked out the other day I would have to spend over $4000 to convert my Elite Ship XP. Not happening.

I'm sitting just under 32 million, and if my math is right it would be north of $6400 CDN to convert it. As you said, not happening.

[WOLFO]
Members
589 posts
5,479 battles
On 3/2/2020 at 4:24 AM, _GreyBeard_ said:

So is any tech tree ship that has been elited. Just play any premiums you have and don't worry about the "stranded" XP.

Yup, yup. I get your point. But, with ship lines at least I get to progress upwards, I just stop playing the T5+, only for rewards, and try to clean the XP off immediately. I wanna keep all my boats(Elited ones) at 0xp, from now on. And hearing you two talk about needing THOUSANDS of dollars to reclaim those hours of gametime. I will be doubly diligent to always try to immediately remove XP as it is earned. And yes eventually all XP will become stale also. And it will take some time for me to grind up beyond T6, the boats are getting really expensive really fast. 10M CR for T7 US BB, that is gonna be alot of matches. But, I pretty much now have all of the T5 ships, in game atm.

Edited by iamSamoth

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
5 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

Yup, yup. I get your point. But, with ship lines at least I get to progress upwards, I just stop playing the T5+, only for rewards, and try to clean the XP off immediately. I wanna keep all my boats(Elited ones) at 0xp, from now on. And hearing you two talk about needing THOUSANDS of dollars to reclaim those hours of gametime. I will be doubly diligent to always try to immediately remove XP as it is earned. And yes eventually all XP will become stale also. And it will take some time for me to grind up beyond T6, the boats are getting really expensive really fast. 10M CR for T7 US BB, that is gonna be alot of matches. But, I pretty much now have all of the T5 ships, in game atm.

The elite ship XP does not rot or anything. You can just leave it there.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,444 posts
6,435 battles

Someone in the dev team finally figured out that limiting port slots makes me NOT play more than it makes them pay for more slots.   I have like 20 free slots now, its great knowing if I wanna work down a line, I don't have to constantly sell the last ship to buy the next one.

[WOLFO]
Members
589 posts
5,479 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can just leave it there.

Missing my point. That is hours of my life, of course I want it to 'do' something.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
896 posts
13,808 battles

Going to be a real boring game playing like that once you start getting tier 10's.

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
2 hours ago, iamSamoth said:

Missing my point. That is hours of my life, of course I want it to 'do' something.

Retraining captains is doing something with premium ships. Being able to take a commander that is in retraining, put it on a premium ship, get 0 penalties to skills during retraining, and boom two ships you are training your commander on.

Who cares if you can or cannot use the experience tied to the ship itself.

My Harekaze, has over 1.2 million experience just sitting there, because I don't have the funds to do anything with it. But the Harekaze has assissted me in getting a 19 point commander. it has assissted me in retraining my commander for the Kitakaze and Harugumo when I unlocked those ships. It has allowed me to acquire more Elite Commander Experience, because of that win bonus.

My Musashi has over 300K Experience on her, sitting there, with me unable to do anything with it. But she has come in handy in retraining my BB Captain as I ground up the line. She is now currently assissting me in retraining my commander (19-point commander to boot) for use on the Yamato.

And if Experience sitting there makes you not want to play premium ships, Elite Ships (A ship that has all modules unlocked, and the next ship(s) in line unlocked) must be boring, because that is in the same vain as Premium ships, except minus the retraining capabilities of a premium.

My Akizuki has over 1.5 million experience sitting there, doing nothing. My Harugumo, has over 1 million expeirnece sitting there, doing nothing. Shimakaze has over 700K sitting on her doing nothing.

Premium ships have their use, outside of just the experience tied directly to the ship. And I haven't even mentioned the credit earnings.I earn more credits playing Harekaze, than I do Akizuki and Kagero. A Premium ship will always earn more credits, than ships of the same tier.

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
7 hours ago, iamSamoth said:

4 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Retraining captains is doing something with premium ships. Being able to take a commander that is in retraining, put it on a premium ship, get 0 penalties to skills during retraining, and boom two ships you are training your commander on.

Who cares if you can or cannot use the experience tied to the ship itself.

My Harekaze, has over 1.2 million experience just sitting there, because I don't have the funds to do anything with it. But the Harekaze has assissted me in getting a 19 point commander. it has assissted me in retraining my commander for the Kitakaze and Harugumo when I unlocked those ships. It has allowed me to acquire more Elite Commander Experience, because of that win bonus.

My Musashi has over 300K Experience on her, sitting there, with me unable to do anything with it. But she has come in handy in retraining my BB Captain as I ground up the line. She is now currently assissting me in retraining my commander (19-point commander to boot) for use on the Yamato.

And if Experience sitting there makes you not want to play premium ships, Elite Ships (A ship that has all modules unlocked, and the next ship(s) in line unlocked) must be boring, because that is in the same vain as Premium ships, except minus the retraining capabilities of a premium.

My Akizuki has over 1.5 million experience sitting there, doing nothing. My Harugumo, has over 1 million expeirnece sitting there, doing nothing. Shimakaze has over 700K sitting on her doing nothing.

Premium ships have their use, outside of just the experience tied directly to the ship. And I haven't even mentioned the credit earnings.I earn more credits playing Harekaze, than I do Akizuki and Kagero. A Premium ship will always earn more credits, than ships of the same tier.

This^^^