You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

A suggestion to WoW's for new players

8 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,849 posts
17,422 battles

I was thinking this morning about a idea WoW could do for new captains. When a person starts new. Maybe just suggest which nation lines are are better suited for solo playstyle and which nation lines are better suited to team work oriented play style. 

Maybe a one time pop up of asking what class the captain would like to start DD's, CA/CL's, BB's, CV's. Then asking what kind of playstyle do you feel like is suited to you. These nation lines favor more of a solo playstyle while these nation lines favor more of a team oriented play style.

It might make a new captains beginning experience a more positive one. Plus help them get started on a line that better fits them. Help them get to the end of a line with a T10 that best suits what they want.

WoW is fortunate to have wonderful CC's with a really thorough knowledge of the ships that are available to pursue. We also have very talented captains and clans that could offer very good advice on just the basics and know which nation lines excel in different situations.

This could just be a suggestion, the new captains would ultimately have the final decision. 

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,816 posts
28,151 battles

The proper acronym is WoWS (World of War Ships), not WoW (World of Warcraft).  

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,849 posts
17,422 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The proper acronym is WoWS (World of War Ships), not WoW (World of Warcraft).  

Thank you

Normally I put the apostrophe and letter "s" to differentiate. Was doing that on the fly on my phone.

To me there is only one WoW.....

World of Warships :cap_win:

[TIGRB]
Members
366 posts
1,728 battles

I am a newer player and Imade the mistake of pushing up the tech tree and getting premium ships but leaving my Captains skills behind. Newer players like me should not make that mistake. I have hit a brick wall and now my WR is dropping fast. My suggestion for new players. Take your time. Learn all about the mechanics of the game that you can and move up slowly WITH your Captain.:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[SOCOM]
Members
660 posts
23,750 battles

over 4 years back I made the same mistake, especially grinding the American C/L BB lines with all the Bias I almost gave up

[FFG16]
Members
37 posts
On 3/2/2020 at 10:24 AM, HeidiAngel said:

I am a newer player and Imade the mistake of pushing up the tech tree and getting premium ships but leaving my Captains skills behind. Newer players like me should not make that mistake. I have hit a brick wall and now my WR is dropping fast. My suggestion for new players. Take your time. Learn all about the mechanics of the game that you can and move up slowly WITH your Captain.:Smile_honoring:

I just started in February and made the same mistake, I am guessing it is pretty common for new players until, like me, I figured how valuable the commander skills are to the playability of the ships.  

I play III-VII trying to learn and level captains. VII only because I started out trying to race through US tier as fast as I could so now I have a handicapped Mahan, and the Blyscawica because I thought it was cool that there was a Polish Navy ship so I had to have it, also with a handicapped captain. 

[STDBS]
[STDBS]
Members
1 post
9,288 battles

Well if your like me as a newer player, you might have also made the biggest mistake of all mistakes and not learned that your stats are centered around your ability to cause damage to other ships and not about how many kills you get or how many battles you survive especially in random play. Damage is 50% of the algorithm used to determine if you are a good or bad player, and unless you get really good and causing damage (above 60k is my est) to other ships you will always be considered a bad player. Keep in mind that in random play, while you are supposed to be on a team WoWs actually considers you to be a solo player unless you are in divisions with other players. Also expect to be bullied a lot by the better players as they only care about themselves and the damage they are causing, and that others will always report you (as well as some of these so called experts) as a person that plays poorly if you don't meet their standards, they might even private IM you and say that to you as well, I know because its happened to me more than once. So if there is any one thing World of Warships needs to really stress to new players it would be learn your ships and how to maximize making damage to other ships.

This is my two cents worth on the matter, don't expect anyone at WoWs to really listen since WoWs is geared around the amount of damage a person causes to other ships and because of the money they make from it.  

Edited by Weird74