You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grumpy_Chief

Ranked at it's finest

10 comments in this topic

[VOLT]
Beta Testers
89 posts
16,723 battles

So there we were in a fun and engaging battle of ranks when suddenly 2 of our team's DD's killed 2 members of our own team. Oh it's OK as they explained because we drove into the torps. What a awesome way to loss a star and a level. Lets do it again.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,766 battles

Just had a Thunderer and a Smolensk completely ignore the cap for 6 minutes, and lost the game.  If they capped, they would of won the game, but nope.  

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles

I really think some people still believe they are in randoms.

like the Hindy I had on my team last night, doing nothing but kiting while farming damage off BBs while the reds were capping a lot of the buffs. I’m like...dude you have to get in there and contest!

Members
10,754 posts
18,488 battles
11 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I really think some people still believe they are in randoms.

like the Hindy I had on my team last night, doing nothing but kiting while farming damage off BBs while the reds were capping a lot of the buffs. I’m like...dude you have to get in there and contest!

Which is how some players rank out. Make sure you save your star no matter what and then it's just up to when the team wins you advance and when it doesn't you stay the same. It's actually worse team play than randoms because there is steel at stake. This is also why I don't have all of the steel ships. Save a star makes ranked not fun to play so I don't. Calling it ranked is stupid too, simply put there is absolutely no ranking system involved. They should call the mode Levels of Hell.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[USCG]
Members
714 posts
22,030 battles

Was in my Daring yesterday trying to pick up a heal. Had torps coming at me from both sides... Good thing Italian torps are on the slow side. Made sure to tell my friendly Venezia to watch where he shot those things....

[TF-60]
Members
457 posts
15,805 battles

I’ve found Hak and DM TO be most effective—

with Hak, I hunt dDs early and provide fighters and spotting.  Mid game I hunt isolated capital ships

DM is the DM

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles
6 minutes ago, General_WTSherman said:

with Hak, I hunt dDs early and provide fighters and spotting.  Mid game I hunt isolated capital ships

DM is the DM

I’m finding Venezia a little better to play than DM. For me atleast. DM eats massive pen from BBs like Yammy/Kremlin. She doesn’t tank well against HE spammers either.

with Venezia I can run around the flanks and annoy the enemy while dodging most rounds coming my way. If I get in a pickle I stop firing and smoke up to turn around.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles
56 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Just had a Thunderer and a Smolensk completely ignore the cap for 6 minutes, and lost the game.  If they capped, they would of won the game, but nope.  

But capping is only for DD's. I cap in BB's and cruisers all the time.

[RLGN]
Members
15,184 posts
26,836 battles
1 hour ago, General_WTSherman said:

DM is the DM

Stealth Grozovoi, Max Conceal/RPF/AA build. In the few games I’ve played so far I don’t recall being out spotted by anything by enough for it to matter.

As someone said in another post; RPF is a must for destroyers in this mode.