Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BabySeals

Lot of WG server disconnects last 3 days

32 comments in this topic

[KMS]
Members
67 posts
7,527 battles

just twice in last hr. one when I hit battle and the other in port when I went to the kitchen only about 5-10 min.

Friday lost one of my NB attempts because of a disconnect, high pink too, this around 1-2am eastern

anyone else have abnormal freezes and crashes this weekend?

might help to know if WG or int provider problem, but the disconnect when I hit battle suggests WG Server

PS don't normally have any internet problems and other than high ping sometimes rarely have any game connection problems

[KARP]
Members
6 posts
13,885 battles

I'm having the same problem> Game freezes up and then kicks me out. Also get penalized each time. Isn't that a kick in the head.

• Cool 1

[RE]
Members
11 posts
6,029 battles

A lot of that for me as well. Started seeing it a couple days ago. I tried running in Safe Mode to see if that was cause, but while it seemed to fix it, it still froze, then dumped me at the login. Not quite sure what the exact issue is. So far, Warships is the only game that's experiencing this kind of behavior. 

EDIT: Just updated video drivers and problem persists.

Edited by Vdash245
Adding additional info

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles
51 minutes ago, Vdash245 said:

EDIT: Just updated video drivers and problem persists.

What process did you use to install them ?

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles
On 3/1/2020 at 10:00 AM, BabySeals said:

just twice in last hr. one when I hit battle and the other in port when I went to the kitchen only about 5-10 min.

Friday lost one of my NB attempts because of a disconnect, high pink too, this around 1-2am eastern

anyone else have abnormal freezes and crashes this weekend?

might help to know if WG or int provider problem, but the disconnect when I hit battle suggests WG Server

PS don't normally have any internet problems and other than high ping sometimes rarely have any game connection problems

No problems here or on the weekend... The WOWS server is working fine... Usually, the problem is on the player's side...

That said...

Did you upgrade anything to your PC since last patch ?

Have you checked your wires connected to any internet equipment to see if they're connected properly??

What are the specs for your PC???

[CANUK]
[CANUK]
Beta Testers
43 posts
14,915 battles

I just got kicked out of queue, saying server overload.It's only 5:30 am so what's with that?This has happened twice so far already.

Edited by Paladin1954

[KMS]
Members
67 posts
7,527 battles
3 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

No problems here or on the weekend... The WOWS server is working fine... Usually, the problem is on the player's side...

That said...

Did you upgrade anything to your PC since last patch ?

Have you checked your wires connected to any internet equipment to see if they're connected properly??

What are the specs for your PC???

thanks for the suggestions

but before I retired I was a IT professional-communication tec, networking, fiber optic etc. design and install. and troubleshooting., making and running cables to getting things up and running, also backed up our dept desktop support for the buildings when they were busy. (for 3rd largest Circuit court  in US)

things have been ok since the weekend is over.  

could have been my internet provider

or the route my tunnel takes to the wg server (which could cause only one part of the country to have problems)

or their server itself. 

no problem for me now so no use running diagnostics. 

normally I would first blame my int. provider, except for being disconnected when I hit the battle button, that suggests a WG problem.

AND why I wanted to know if others were having any problems or not

but no problem now for me so, nothing to check.

Edited by BabySeals

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles
3 minutes ago, BabySeals said:

thanks for the suggestions

but before I retired I was a IT professional-communication tec, networking, fiber optic etc. design and install. and troubleshooting., making and running cables to getting things up and running, also backed up our dept desktop support for the buildings when they were busy. (for 3rd largest Circuit court  in US)

things have been ok since the weekend is over.  

could have been my internet provider

or the route my tunnel takes to the wg server (which could cause only one part of the country to have problems)

or their server itself. 

no problem for me now so no use running diagnostics. 

normally I would first blame my int. provider, except for being disconnected when I hit the battle button, that suggests a WG problem.

but no problem now so, nothing to check.

Ok so you're good now...

Usually, when problems happen.. We try to help others... Based on those frequent issues, we pass on the information to see where the problem areas typically are... 

If you're good then good to hear.

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles
1 hour ago, Paladin1954 said:

I just got kicked out of queue, saying server overload.It's only 5:30 am so what's with that?This has happened twice so far already.

1 hour ago, Tala_01 said:

Same for me, doesn't matter which game mode I try.

1 hour ago, Ravenleader_1 said:

WOW is getting to be so much crap, Servers overloaded, seriously it's been over 30 mins and still overloaded

Guys, it will clear up in no time...

@Hapa_Fodder

Everything ok with the servers ??? I know it will be over with in no time however, some are not so forgiving over the server hiccups.

[NASSF]
[NASSF]
Members
166 posts
15,495 battles

Oh yeah....it will clear up in time. How much time if the only question I have. I used to get kicked off each day, at least once, while in a battle. This has been going on, for me, for the last several weeks immediately after a WoWS update.

Now, I get kicked off at least once a day while driving a carrier...verses when I was driving anything.

Nothing has changed on my computer as in hardware or software, save normal Windows updates and WoWS updates.

[RE]
Members
11 posts
6,029 battles
7 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

What process did you use to install them ?

Just using the nvidia installer to express install. Also for note, this isn't just happening when in game. Warships will kick me to login even from port.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,674 posts
8,797 battles

I did have problems in the last week or so with more disconnects than usual. I actually think it's mostly Steam in my case.

Had one amusing disconnect in a ranked battle where my lag spiked, controls went unresponsive, and I sailed straight ahead for about 30 seconds with my PT counter at five. Got decent ping just long enough to get turned around, pop RP and DCP, and then disconnected. Reloaded Steam and WOWS, and came back to find we won and I got a Dreadnought from taking all that damage, popping DCP and RP, having four stacked heal buffs, and getting turned around and pointed to the far side of the map...

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles
1 hour ago, Vdash245 said:

Just using the nvidia installer to express install. Also for note, this isn't just happening when in game. Warships will kick me to login even from port.

Oh my :Smile_facepalm:.... Do me a huge favor....

Find your GPU driver manually... Once DL the correct GPU drivers... Use the Manual with Clean Install check on the box... That means..

• Making sure you DL Drivers are the correct one...
  • Then using the Manual install option.
    • In manual menu, make sure you click/checked the clean install box before moving on with the installation....
    • Click install.

For Future reference NEVER use express install for Nvidia GPU drivers...

[RE]
Members
11 posts
6,029 battles
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Oh my :Smile_facepalm:.... Do me a huge favor....

Find your GPU driver manually... Once DL the correct GPU drivers... Use the Manual with Clean Install check on the box... That means..

• Making sure you DL Drivers are the correct one...
  • Then using the Manual install option.
    • In manual menu, make sure you click/checked the clean install box before moving on with the installation....
    • Click install.

For Future reference NEVER use express install for Nvidia GPU drivers...

For future reference also, might want to make note that as per the original statement, which you quoted, the issue was occurring even before the driver update. Now I would think that would mean the driver update was irrelevant to the disconnecting issue, but what do I know? 

Do you have any other "help" that you would like to provide?

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles
5 minutes ago, Vdash245 said:

For future reference also, might want to make note that as per the original statement, which you quoted, the issue was occurring even before the driver update. Now I would think that would mean the driver update was irrelevant to the disconnecting issue, but what do I know? 

Do you have any other "help" that you would like to provide?

Well one step at a time... Manually, Reinstall your GPU drivers correctly first and then see what happens...

Edited by Navalpride33

[DRAC0]
Members
77 posts
1,746 battles
On 3/3/2020 at 1:24 AM, tthunder said:

I'm having the same problem> Game freezes up and then kicks me out. Also get penalized each time. Isn't that a kick in the head.

Although I haven't been penalized because I re-logged in during the middle of the battles and finished the games, this happened intermittently for about 2 weeks.  Also, some nasty lag that made a few games unplayable.  This has almost never happened before I'm happy to say.

After Feb. 25th seems to have been corrected.  I submitted a ticket and got the usual "make sure your video driver and other system drivers are up-to-date" advice and submitted a system report to WG Support.  My system was fully updated as it always is so that wasn't the problem, and the network diagnostics showed no problems at the time I ran them (not during any games).

It could have been caused by a local network issue, specific to the time of the games, of course.

Edited by unseaworthy

[RE]
Members
11 posts
6,029 battles
On 3/3/2020 at 10:32 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Well one step at a time... Manually, Reinstall your GPU drivers correctly first and then see what happens...

Did so. No change. Disconnecting every 2-5 minutes. 

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles
1 minute ago, Vdash245 said:

Did so. No change. Disconnecting every 2-5 minutes. 

So what happened ???What did you do ?

[RE]
Members
11 posts
6,029 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

So what happened ???What did you do ?

Uninstalled drivers, reinstalled using Manual clean install in nvidia's installer, rebooted, logged into WoWS, and waited for the inevitable and passed the time by being in port and looking over various ships' armor models. Disconnected twice within 5 minutes.

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles
1 minute ago, Vdash245 said:

Uninstalled drivers, reinstalled using Manual clean install in nvidia's installer, rebooted, logged into WoWS, and waited for the inevitable and passed the time by being in port and looking over various ships' armor models. Disconnected twice within 5 minutes.

Now that your drivers are updated properly... Check your resources on your PC...

If your resources are running above %95, you're going to crash...

Make sure, your resources are within limits... if not, you will crash

[RE]
Members
11 posts
6,029 battles
7 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Now that your drivers are updated properly... Check your resources on your PC...

If your resources are running above %95, you're going to crash...

Make sure, your resources are within limits... if not, you will crash

That would be understandable if I was crashing to desktop. I am not. I am disconnecting from server and being dropped back to login screen.

EDIT: Also, no. Did monitor resources, nothing climbed above 75%.

Edited by Vdash245

[WORX]
Members
12,012 posts
19,514 battles
12 minutes ago, Vdash245 said:

I would also add, if you're running to hot it will crash as well... So far, those are the two major/popular reason for crashing...( now that we fixed the GPU driver conflict)

1. Resources running at max...
  2. PC temp to high, you might have a fan/cooling issue.
Edited by Navalpride33

[RE]
Members
11 posts
6,029 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

I would also add, if you're running to hot it will crash as well... So far, those are the two major/popular reason for crashing...( now that we fixed the GPU driver conflict)

1. Resources running at max...
  2. PC temp to high, you might have a fan/cooling issue.

Temp stays below 55C. Also again, not crashing. Disconnecting. Game continues to run fine.

Sign in to follow this