Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Thunderer or Lutjens?

14 comments in this topic

Members
3,111 posts
12,459 battles

Got to the point where I have enough coal for either Thunderer or Lutjens.  Already have other coal ships in port, including Smolensk and Jean Bart.  Anyway, I already have 19 point commander on my Hindenburg, and while I do prefer playing cruisers over BBs forgoing an interesting BB in favor of situational commander bonus sounds like poor decision.  Is Lutjens really worth it over Thunderer?

<Edit> I already have special British 19 point commander with extra bonuses on Conqueror, so that Thunderer would have ready commander.

Edited by Ramsalot

[--K--]
Supertester
1,398 posts
13,244 battles

I'm not picking up any of the coal commanders until I have all the ships I want first. 

Unless you are maining the Hindenburg in ranked atm I'd get the ship. 

[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

Personally I’d always say to go with the ship, especially when the commander is the same price as a shipmwith the coupon. Thunderer’s a good ship, and if you like Conq but want one with harder hitting AP and a baked in LM, you’ll probably like it. 

Members
3,111 posts
12,459 battles
12 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Personally I’d always say to go with the ship, especially when the commander is the same price as a shipmwith the coupon. Thunderer’s a good ship, and if you like Conq but want one with harder hitting AP and a baked in LM, you’ll probably like it. 

Back in the day I liked Conqueror enough to get LM on it just by playing on the regular.  But I don’t remember the last time I played it.

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts

If you go for Thunderer it will help with the 4th Directive British BB mission too! :Smile_Default:

I also think the British Captain Cunningham also has a fire starter trait as well, although I think he has a flood one too; at least he gives you possible options for putting in the Thunderer? :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,319 posts
5,803 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Got to the point where I have enough coal for either Thunderer or Lutjens.  Already have other coal ships in port, including Smolensk and Jean Bart.  Anyway, I already have 19 point commander on my Hindenburg, and while I do prefer playing cruisers over BBs forgoing an interesting BB in favor of situational commander bonus sounds like poor decision.  Is Lutjens really worth it over Thunderer?

<Edit> I already have special British 19 point commander with extra bonuses on Conqueror, so that Thunderer would have ready commander.

Well, Thunderer is also a cruiserish BB, so it has that going for it too.

Banned
715 posts
1,118 battles
3 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

I've been asking myself the same question past 2 days

[WORST]
Members
163 posts
15,573 battles
2 hours ago, Major_Victory said:

The commander is only a 3 point commander. Get the ship.

no, lutjens comes with 10 points.

3 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Is Lutjens really worth it over Thunderer?

If you are a cruiser main and love playing the hindy, then I would seriously consider him. His traits are easy to trigger and a 7.5% dpm bonus is massive. 

If you like sitting in the back sniping, then go thunderer, her gun handling is SO good and rewarding. 

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,594 battles

I personally got Lutjens since my ship coupon had been used earlier on the Bourgogne and I was saving the next one for Somers (which I finally got last night). Currently I'm working my way towards Yoshino.

Banned
715 posts
1,118 battles
21 minutes ago, Playbuoy said:

no, lutjens comes with 10 points.

If you are a cruiser main and love playing the hindy, then I would seriously consider him. His traits are easy to trigger and a 7.5% dpm bonus is massive. 

If you like sitting in the back sniping, then go thunderer, her gun handling is SO good and rewarding. 

Lol you just made my decision harder

[KIA-C]
Members
3,580 posts
15,795 battles

Get Thunderer.

It's a better investement right now.

Sign in to follow this