Sign in to follow this  
Sovereigndawg

All Of You That Read This Forum Are Really Great People

7 comments in this topic

Members
10,747 posts
18,476 battles

That's right, you guessed it, it's world compliment day again and apparently World Compliment Day isn't the same day as the US national Compliment day on January 24 (so America can have 2), which of course I missed, because prior to about 9: 20 AM today. I didn't even know that a compliment day even existed. So, You all are really Great. Well, your great until national or world Cut-Down day, when everything changes.

Feel free to leave your Compliments here on this page or don't, on Compliment day you all are great no matter what you do. So go out there and fry, mash, bake, Au-gratin, cheesy, julienne, slice, dice, it doesn't matter be any kind of potato you want, your still great but that's just for today.

Those of you who are not potatoes or think your not can dis regard the previous but still remember you are great too. Now you all, HAVE A GREAT DAY!

World Compliment Day is an unofficial international holiday celebrated on March 1. According to its initiators, the holiday was conceived as the most positive day in the world. It encourages people to appreciate others with words instead of gifts.

World Compliment Day originated in the Netherlands as National Compliment Day. It was so successful that the initiators decided to make it an international event. The holiday is designed to serve as an alternative to commercialized holidays such as Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc.

To participate in the World Compliment Day celebration, you don't have to buy greeting cards, gifts or flowers. All you have to do is pay sincere compliments to people around you. World Compliment Day addresses the basic human need for recognition and appreciation. Nobody wins anything commercially, but everyone gains emotionally.

On March 1, take a moment to tell people how wonderful they are. A sincere and personal compliment costs you nothing but it means the world to the addressee. Compliments make people happier, boost their self-confidence and encourage them to keep on going no matter what.

If you want to help raise awareness about World Compliment Day, use social media to share genuine and sincere compliments with people and use the hashtag #complimentday to spread the word.

When is National Compliment Day 2020

Time and date and countdown clock showing the number of days, hours, minutes until the beginning of the National Compliment Day 2020

National Compliment Day has always been observed annually on January 24.

When is National Compliment Day 2020?

National Compliment Day 2020 is observed on Friday, January 24, 2020

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2

[CK5]
Members
1,496 posts
15,899 battles

Thanks, Dawg!  Of course, you are from Minnesota so I would expect as much from you.  

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,192 posts
4,766 battles

Almost a Canadian.  And a great guy.

• Cool 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,480 battles

My compliments to the OP and my unusually stealthy admirers. They know who they are or aren't. Depends on who you ask. Nobody's talking. Denial is rampant.

50ShadesofSteel..   indeed.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
addendum

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,724 posts
3 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Feel free to leave your Compliments here on this page day, January 24, 2020

SovereignDawg is the greatest of the canine kings.

Sign in to follow this