You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HeidiAngel

Seal Clubbing makes newer players want to quit.

117 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
365 posts
1,719 battles

As I move up in the tiers I am beginning to see and really understand what seal clubbing is. Have been seeing this more and more of late and it is frustrating and hurtful to find their are many players with a lot of experience and High point Captains in the game who play lower tiers to pad stats and make themselves feel better by destroying newer players. Someone posted on here not to long ago about how seal clubbing can make newer players quit the game and I can understand that now. Maybe I'm ignorant but I just don't get what a player gets out of picking on vastly less experienced players. It can't be much of a challenge or very gratifying to kill an opponent who is weaker, or does not know as much about the game as they do. Where is the fun in that?

Capping the Captains points on lower tier ships I think would eliminate this problem and make it more fair for everyone. I mean, Come on. It's like an NFL team playing my High School Varsity team. By posting this screenshot, If I have done something wrong I am sorry and I'll take full responsibility for but I just want people to see what happened in this last game. The one good thing was I managed to kill a Cruiser. 1 of the 3 kills our team got. Real fun seal clubbers.

I am an honest person and I can tell you even if WG does not cap Captains points in the future, I will never use a Captain above 10 points on a tier 5 ship. I'd like to think I would WANT to stay in higher tier ships anyway but I don't have a crystal ball and will have to wait and see when I have a bunch of tier 9 and 10 ships. I hope you all have a good night and I expect I'll get some dislikes about this post but I have to grow some thick skin if I want to play with the group so I'm ready for it.

2037572525_Screenshot(89).png.007d3d6ad67435f1838524a433b47070.png

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

Members
3,879 posts
13,993 battles

They may not have been seal clubbing. That's just my tinfoil hat MM, where that many clan members vs no clan members; expect it to be a roll. 

[TIGRB]
Members
365 posts
1,719 battles
3 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

They may not have been seal clubbing. That's just my tinfoil hat MM, where that many clan members vs no clan members; expect it to be a roll. 

Yes, The admitted they were and were gloating over it. Laughing at newer players mistakes and such. Made the game real fun.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,766 posts
2,648 battles

Some people use their lower tier premiums to cycle 19 point captains and farm elite captain xp.  Others, like myself, happen to have favorite ships in the lower/mid tiers.  I eanred my first 19 point captain with a tier 6, should I not be allowed to use it?

And frankly, putting a limit on captain skills will not help seals avoid getting clubbed.  You give a seal clubber a ship with a 3 point captain, and a seal a 19 pointer, the seal still dies 9 out of 10 times.  Actual player skill is the single biggest factor.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
1 minute ago, HeidiAngel said:

Yes, The admitted they were and were gloating over it. Laughing at newer players mistakes and such. Made the game real fun.

I wish i could say will get better more higher you go.

But butt head players in every tier

• Cool 1

Members
3,879 posts
13,993 battles
Just now, HeidiAngel said:

Eh, that sucks. Not sure, not really anything that can be done. Ive played probably 100+ online PVP titles. Twinking/seal clubbing is always a thing unfortunately. 

[WORX]
Members
11,926 posts
19,472 battles
16 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

I mean, Come on. It's like an NFL team playing my High School Varsity team.

This situation, can happen at any tier... Its more pronounced in high tier, mainly because the understanding of all the individual mechanics can be a bit daunting.

16 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

I'm sorry, I guess because I'm a Girl or something I am naïve and I really don't want to sound like I'm whining

Your gender dont have nothing to do with your POV of your ideas. You see a situation you point it out..

HOWEVER, I in no way agree with what you stated... It all depends on how you see it. again POV... I see someone with lack of playing experience as an education process...

That is how we learn from someone who is better then us... When I was driving BBs in my beginning, I remember the DDs and the torps they sunk me with..

That taught me to stay close to my cruisers. The disparity of player awareness cannot be completely taken out of the game.

In this game someone is better then you in a team situation.. No one in the game is a "master" or "the best.." While the learning process is endless, its that process that is a blessing and a curse.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
19 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

I'm sorry, I guess because I'm a Girl or something I am naïve

You not the only woman around here.
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER lay down to this excuse.

I have kick many of these man butt up and down the map plenty of time.

To see you fall down to the " i am a woman " line ---- NEVER do this. 

This game not about what between you legs, but what is in you head.

• Cool 13
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,766 posts

is it the people to blame, or the system?

personally I blame certain clans who demand ultra high WR scores as an entrance exam, and dont care that in some cases those WRs are achieved by 5000 matches divisioning with isokazes (clemsons, niks, pick your poison).

you can also somewhat blame forum toxicity... where some arguments, regardless of how factual the points are, are outright dismissed unless the poster shows some purple.

Members
2,357 posts
32,745 battles

It's hard to tell if they're regular killers or just happened to want to have some fun at lower tiers.  If the game was played today there are admittedly more ranked players on the winning team than the losing team.  Ranked does have a way of improving peoples play in a big way.  But the lowest rank I see on the winning team is rank 11.  If the game was played today, a lot of ranked players have reached the lower ranks already.  So these may just be players taking a break and not necessarily picking on the weaker.

Never really understood the seal club mentality myself.  It may boost your overall WR, but won't affect your WR in tiers 8, 9, or 10.  But if it floats your boat...

[TIGRB]
Members
365 posts
1,719 battles
5 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

You not the only woman around here.
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER lay down to this excuse.

I have kick many of these man butt up and down the map plenty of time.

To see you fall down to the " i am a woman " line ---- NEVER do this. 

This game not about what between you legs, but what is in you head.

I have no idea why your attacking me. I am a Young Woman and I don't understand things as well yet as a lot of the more exp guys around here. The way you speak does not do a Lady credit I'm sorry to say and I don't appreciate the language or term you used with me. I also have had great games against the guys and I was only expressing my opinion so don't ever tell me what I can say and what I cannot. That is rude and I won't stand for that. Have a good night.

• Cool 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
Just now, HeidiAngel said:

I have no idea why your attacking me. I am a Young Woman and I don't understand things as well yet as a lot of the more exp guys around here. The way you speak does not do a Lady credit I'm sorry to say and I don't appreciate the language or term you used with me. I also have had great games against the guys and I was only expressing my opinion so don't ever tell me what I can say and what I cannot. That is rude and I won't stand for that. Have a good night.

Noone was attack you.

I say never settle for excuse to say " I am a girl so maybe i am lesser or not as smart "

You attack youself.

That, should never be the case.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TIGRB]
Members
365 posts
1,719 battles
Just now, LadyAnesjka said:

Noone was attack you.

I say never settle for excuse to say " I am a girl so maybe i am lesser or not as smart "

You attack youself.

That, should never be the case.

Telling the truth is not a bad thing. I was not attacking myself. I admit because I did not grow up playing war games until a few months ago that the Guys may have a head start on me. That's the truth and have no problem admitting it..

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
11 hours ago, HeidiAngel said:

As I move up in the tiers I am beginning to see and really understand what seal clubbing is. Have been seeing this more and more of late and it is frustrating and hurtful to find their are many players with a lot of experience and High point Captains in the game who play lower tiers to pad stats and make themselves feel better by destroying newer players. Someone posted on here not to long ago about how seal clubbing can make newer players quit the game and I can understand that now. Maybe I'm ignorant but I just don't get what a player gets out of picking on vastly less experienced players. It can't be much of a challenge or very gratifying to kill an opponent who is weaker, or does not know as much about the game as they do. Where is the fun in that?

Capping the Captains points on lower tier ships I think would eliminate this problem and make it more fair for everyone. I mean, Come on. It's like an NFL team playing my High School Varsity team. By posting this screenshot, If I have done something wrong I am sorry and I'll take full responsibility for but I just want people to see what happened in this last game. The one good thing was I managed to kill a Cruiser. 1 of the 3 kills our team got. Real fun seal clubbers.

I am an honest person and I can tell you even if WG does not cap Captains points in the future, I will never use a Captain above 10 points on a tier 5 ship. I'd like to think I would WANT to stay in higher tier ships anyway but I don't have a crystal ball and will have to wait and see when I have a bunch of tier 9 and 10 ships. I hope you all have a good night and I expect I'll get some dislikes about this post but I have to grow some thick skin if I want to play with the group so I'm ready for it.

(*Casually hides my Tachibana Lima) Erhem... I do feel bad, HOWEVER, if what your saying is true, I will continue to drive new players away in hopes of ruining Wargaming's economy by that little bit. Hopefully then they'll make changes to the game.

• Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,844 posts
17,399 battles
26 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

As far as the taunting. You can right click their names and silence them in the match. Thankful WoW added that feature not too long ago.

• Cool 1

[DIV_A]
Members
8 posts
8,611 battles

@HeidiAngel, so you complain to me in game about OP ships, say you're posting our convo to the forum and then I find you're throwing down your "I'ma girl" victimhood card.....get over it already and just play the game.

• Boring 2

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
1 minute ago, LadyAnesjka said:

You could not be more wrong.

Funny thing is, I get this a lot from die-hard feminists.

• Boring 3

[TIGRB]
Members
365 posts
1,719 battles
1 minute ago, LadyAnesjka said:

You could not be more wrong.

I appreciate you trying to give me a boost up. I may have taken you wrong and upon refection and apologize.

• Cool 3

[SIDE]
Members
832 posts
5,151 battles

The thing is. Why can't veteran players enjoy the lower tier games? I personally dislike High tier (9-10) and my favorites are tier 6-8. My most played ship is the Perth at Tier 6. Would I be a seal clubber for playing a fun, unique ship?

• Cool 2

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
1 minute ago, DomWot said:

@HeidiAngel, so you complain to me in game about OP ships, say you're posting our convo to the forum and then I find you're throwing down your "I'ma girl" victimhood card.....get over it already and just play the game.

Finally, a pragmatic person.

• Boring 4

Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
2 minutes ago, HeidiAngel said:

Telling the truth is not a bad thing. I was not attacking myself. I admit because I did not grow up playing war games until a few months ago that the Guys may have a head start on me. That's the truth and have no problem admitting it..

Back to original topic.

You say " Maybe you naive "

Is not this.

Problem is yes is seal clubbing, no problem will not go away, so you have 2 option.

• Roll over and quit ,  and just accept that these player ruin your fun
  • Pull up you big girl pants, watch some you tube video, learn play better and punch them in the nose.

I see you other posting. Say you have watch alot of you tube video and such and that is fine. Thing will not get better with player like this higher tier you go.  And even when you get much better play will always be potatoe team that just make you pull out you hair. 

Is state of game right now.

• Cool 2

[TIGRB]
Members
365 posts
1,719 battles
1 minute ago, DomWot said:

People, This is the person who said he enjoyed clubbing me as I'm a seal.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,460 posts
14,821 battles

Tier 5 is not seal clubbing, it is simply part of the middle tiers.

• Cool 1

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
1 minute ago, HeidiAngel said:

People, This is the person who said he enjoyed clubbing me as I'm a seal.

Yep. We do it to drive players like you out of the game.....

I'm just kidding. But it's refreshing once in a while to club a few fresh seals for dinner.