Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

About darn time!!

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
4,669 posts

This morning I was working on the BB task of part 3.

Started out with New Mex, because I'm re-grinding it, and want to get it done.   Lol- with the current co-op meta, I'm seriously questioning my sanity for choosing to reset US BB's...   

Anyhow, it was the usual slow slog of "HEY!  Save some for me, willya!?"   I played 3 or 4 games (I'm getting closer!), then decided to switch to something more suited for a secondary hit mission.   While scrolling through the carousel looking for Lyon, I came upon Georgia.   I've been struggling with it, not really "getting" how to play it to best effect, but hey- it does have great secondaries, and I need some more E-XP, so...

And suddenly, it clicked!  I had two excellent games with it,   dinking and dunking incoming fire,  and making a holy terror out of myself, lol.   I don't think there was a cruiser I pointed my guns at that I didn't citadel. and even ROFLstomped a DD that was beating up an allied cruiser.   I actually got complimented in chat the second game!

I just might end up liking this ship after all.

Slapping my 19 point survival oriented build North Carolina captain on it seemed to help.   The 17 point Monty captain I have been using lacked AFT or BFT.  (this has AFT) 

Anyone else have that happen?   A ship that was formerly good only for frustrating you, suddenly come alive in your hands?

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles

Yes. Hipper and I did NOT get along at first. I couldn't get a decent game out of it even if I rammed something. I let it sit for @3 months and tried it again, BAM! , I can make it work! Don't know why, maybe trying too hard or something. Taking a break from it really helped.

[RLGN]
Members
15,151 posts
26,789 battles
21 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Anyone else have that happen? A ship that was formerly good only for frustrating you, suddenly come alive in your hands?

New York.

Hated it originally, especially after Wyoming.

Two years of battleship experience later; ‘Hey; this isn’t so bad.’

Used it to bully Gulio Caesars in that T5 Ranked from before the CV rework.

In the new CV mechanics, all her short range AA makes her nearly as dangerous as Texas. Her biggest flaw is also Texas’...

Six secondaries... :fish_palm:

Maybe Ajax, (Leander with a recent event camo.) As @UltimateNewbie will certainly be willing to confirm; my hate for RN light cruisers borders on the irrational.

Like Salem though; (I’ve never much liked Des Moines,) when something I don’t like is ‘in disguise,’ I seem to set aside my self-defeating hatred and do better in it.

• Funny 1

Members
3,883 posts
13,993 battles

Kongo and it's ARP sisters.

Didnt like it when initially going through the tech tree. After going back to get it to a 50% WR and playing the ARP variants, I kind of like it. 

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
496 posts
22,667 battles

@Fletcher7_1944, turn on manual secondaries with a 4 point captain skill.  You can kill DDs with them while blapping Cls with your main guns.  It's a hoot to drive in PVE.

Pepsi is the ship I now like that I absolutely hated after the split.  She's a beast if you can keep her cit together.

[POP]
Members
4,748 posts
12,813 battles

For me, definitely Iowa. Grinding through it toward Montana, I couldn't get it to work well for me, partly since I was so used to how NC played and had already played rental Monty in the first season of CB so knew how she played. But when I went back to Iowa for the snowflakes that winter and then used Iowa in the t9 arms race ranked it sang in pretty much every battle. Partly that was because I had improved a fair bit as a player, but getting firmly out of the NC mindset and playstyle also helped. 

I use a survival build on Georgia (full survival plus the slot 3 secondary mod) rather than a secondary build. 9km secondaries is still decent, and the survivability focus keeps me kicking better late battle than I might be otherwise. I’m slowly building up a hybrid secondary captain to use in Georgia and Mass, but so far am actually enjoying survival Georgia over secondaries Georgia. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[CO-OP]
Members
1,840 posts
26,587 battles

Speed module in Georgia gives you four and a half minutes of "Wheeeeeee I'm a speedboat" fun. Highly recommended.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,113 posts
7,630 battles

Nurnberg.  I was not a fan during the grind.  I am at the Roon now so it has been a while.  I needed a tier 6 cruiser for an op and said "What the heck, I'll give it a shot.".  She was awesome!  She was better than Leander and I love Leander.  I am so glad I found her (finally).  :cap_like:

Now if Monarch would be so kind.  :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
674 posts

Neptune.

At first I tried to play her in coop like I would Hipper, but that wasn't getting good results.

Now I play her like a destroyer and she is borderline op.

Sign in to follow this