You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Can we have a separate forum for CV complaints?

206 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
5 minutes ago, The_Fire_Department said:

This way CV complainers can have a separate message board all to themselves so they can discuss the different ways they want CVs removed. 

freaking FABULOUS idea!  Think it would be fitting as they seem to wish the death of a ship class.  This way your right anyone wanting to continue their campaign will have a unfettered place where they can just agree, instead of trying to turn these forums into an echo chamber for themselves :)

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
13,833 posts

They should just compile it all in a mega thread like they did with radar back in the day. It makes things much easier to read and deals with the spam as well.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,121 posts
11,822 battles
26 minutes ago, The_Fire_Department said:

This way CV complainers can have a separate message board all to themselves so they can discuss the different ways they want CVs removed. 

Or fixed !!

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,747 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Just wait until subs are released, most of the complaints will then be directed toward them.

No, we'll just have twice as many complaint threads, since we will have the suck of CVs + the suck of subs. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

No... if i have to deal with CVs in game, you need to deal with my complains about CVs... "adapt or quit" the foruns, or "just dodge" the threads...

• Cool 14
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[_TKS_]
Members
1,268 posts
9,928 battles
17 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

You put this kind of cancer into the game; you get to deal with the permanent ramifications.

Sorry, this isn't going away.

Cause saying this helps the situation right? I totally don’t see how this attitude would prohibit discussion.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
17 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

You put this kind of cancer into the game;  you get to deal with the permanent ramifications.

Sorry, this isn't going away.

Lol, a bit harsh in tone, but I have to agree. They can't expect us to just accept CVs and what they bring to the game. It's completely insane.

• Boring 1

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
15 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Cause saying this helps the situation right? I totally don’t see how this attitude would prohibit discussion.

There's no discussion to be had. The position of myself and many other players at this juncture is that carriers are a) an abusive mechanic favored by sadistic trolls, and b) there is no path forward for fun in the game with them present.

There is no middle ground here, and I'm not arguing for any. The airports must go.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 7

[NG-NL]
Members
6,311 posts
10,259 battles

Good idea.

But the anti-CV faction might want AA buffs if hit post milestones there.

[_TKS_]
Members
1,268 posts
9,928 battles
19 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

There's no discussion to be had. The position of myself and many other players at this juncture is that carriers are a) an abusive mechanic favored by sadistic trolls, and b) there is no path forward for fun in the game with them present.

There is no middle ground here, and I'm not arguing for any. The airports must go.

Well expect to scream until your voice is hoarse. The anti-fun police is here to stay for the foreseeable future. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,747 battles
54 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

WG knew they were catering to (a) too. 

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,805 battles

I'd definitely like to see a thread for people to have a conversation about actually balancing CVs.

These consistent complaint threads generally just devolve into people from both sides bashing each other. If CVs are going to be balanced better, the former, not the latter is going to help.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,686 battles

Drama queens like to claim that they are under threat of removal from the game, but in fact we all want CVs to be part of WOWS.

Too much work has gone into them, and people who enjoy playing them should not be denied the chance, just because others do not like them, or what they do to strategy and game mechanics.

The choices of those who dislike CVs should not take precedence over those who like CVs. Those who dislike CVs should not be permitted to prohibit the choice of those who like CVs.

The choices of the community who like CVs should not be curtailed.

Just so, those who dislike CVs ought to have the same respect for their choices.

CVs must be made an optional choice for random, ranked and clan battles. Forcing people who dislike them to play with them is every bit as unfair and arbitrary as removing CVs from the game entirely.

Give the customers choice. Let CVs play with those who like them. Let those who do not like them have the same freedom of choice.

Edited by SidTheBlade
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,319 posts
14,715 battles
2 hours ago, The_Fire_Department said:

I've actually been knocking this idea around, perhaps it is time.

-Hapa

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 13

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,726 posts
2 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

The essence of civilization is consensus, which usually entails compromise. You may feel that you are absolutely right about something but the odds are you are not. A logical argument is not just a bunch of people loudly shouting their opinions. A true argument weighs all relevant aspects of an issue in an attempt to achieve a sound conclusion.

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,921 battles
4 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I've actually been knocking this idea around, perhaps it is time.

-Hapa

Why? So WG doesnt have to look at the mess its made and how annoyed so many players are with the state of the game?

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,319 posts
14,715 battles
Just now, dieselhead77 said:

Why? So WG doesnt have to look at the mess its made and how annoyed so many players are with the state of the game?

Contrary to your belief, we look at every single post on these forums. So no. It would be easier to compile feedback if it was all centralized.

-Hapa

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1