Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
eviltane

What are / is your favorite ship this ranked season?

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,453
[SALVO]
Members
2,685 posts
6,797 battles

Personally :  Grozovoi, with full gunboat built. 
 

The ship benefits form stacking just about all the buffs. Especially love the  steering buff and reload of course .

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
392
[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
20 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Personally :  Grozovoi, with full gunboat built. 
 

The ship benefits form stacking just about all the buffs. Especially love the  steering buff and reload of course .

Really enjoying my Moskva, Thunderer Audacious and Midway in this ranked season :)

multiple different builds I've kept from Randoms and CB's

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,070
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles

I just started playing gunbote Groz last night. It's pretty swell.

I also enjoy Khabarovsk with IFHE as a counter to USN and IJN cruisers. Smolensk causes some problems though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,417
[RLGN]
Members
15,178 posts
26,825 battles
25 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Personally :  Grozovoi, with full gunboat built. 
 

The ship benefits form stacking just about all the buffs. Especially love the  steering buff and reload of course .

Grozovoi; AA stealth RPF build; ‘cause I can’t dodge worth spit.

Win, loss, win, win, and out. Rank 15, I’m done.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,371
[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,190 posts
5,624 battles

Bourgogne. It may not the the pinnacle of competitive BBs, but she is a blast to play, and meshes very well with the buffs. 

 

Having fun in ranked is gonna end better for my mental health than grinding Kremlin some normal BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,160
[POP]
Members
4,749 posts
12,813 battles

It’s old (and powercrept according to a lot of people here), but I’m still finding Montana quite enjoyable. Trusty, reliable, and it hurts stuff regularly. Add in the buffs and it’s a monster provided your team doesn’t lemming train to the back of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,691
[WORX]
Members
11,984 posts
19,501 battles

Any BB... Just point your guns to PEN anyone and its an easy "save your star" class...

Now the only time BBs will not have this adv.. When there is more DDs then usual.

Other then that... No other ship class even comes close....

  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,852
[PVE]
Members
4,828 posts
21,196 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Win, loss, win, win, and out. Rank 15, I’m done.

I'm with you, one match in my Shimmy and that was a total disaster and I'll stay at 15 and call it DONE.........  Won't do that again !!!  What a mess and 100% no fun........... I did have a notion to rebel though: and simply play the same ship and "just exist" and play to screw around versus seriously trying to test the "it doesn't matter" theory of winning by default.........  Maybe, after a few glasses of wine I'll try that..........it seems that there are a great many doing exactly that though..........???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[BOMBL]
Members
1,203 posts
15,237 battles

Surprisingly the Conq!

dev strikes to smoli! HE is very useful against the light cruisers. Obviously dds don’t like he and bbs burn nicely. Being pretty much burn proof before the heal buffs play her smartly and you stay in the match and I have racked up num 1 quite often 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,066
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,114 posts
11,820 battles
13 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Any BB... Just point your guns to PEN anyone and its an easy "save your star" class...

This isn't working for me last night I took the Thunderer out for 4 games won the first lost the next 3 .

I was kind of forced to play up a little to close because no one ese would .

I did some damage but not enough to save a star in any of the 3 loses .

I believe in two of the loses a Smolensk saved his star don't remember the other one .

Of course I'm not a good ranked player yet .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,070
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles

It appears to me that Smolensk is the saveastar king this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,417
[RLGN]
Members
15,178 posts
26,825 battles
30 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I'm with you, one match in my Shimmy and that was a total disaster and I'll stay at 15 and call it DONE.........  Won't do that again !!!  What a mess and 100% no fun........... I did have a notion to rebel though: and simply play the same ship and "just exist" and play to screw around versus seriously trying to test the "it doesn't matter" theory of winning by default.........  Maybe, after a few glasses of wine I'll try that..........it seems that there are a great many doing exactly that though..........???

Not sure; the four games I played all had pretty decent talent, even the loss.

Wouldn't doubt soggy powdered potatoes are out there, but I got lucky and didn’t see any on the teams I had.

One of the Red teams in the wins folded pretty quick, but the otherwise the Reds were decent enough as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,691
[WORX]
Members
11,984 posts
19,501 battles
10 minutes ago, clammboy said:

This isn't working for me last night I took the Thunderer out for 4 games won the first lost the next 3 .

I was kind of forced to play up a little to close because no one ese would .

I did some damage but not enough to save a star in any of the 3 loses .

I believe in two of the loses a Smolensk saved his star don't remember the other one .

Of course I'm not a good ranked player yet .

May I recommend, to analyze the BB players on the red side to see what tactics they will use... If your cruisers were sink or had their HP evaporated, it was a red BBs fault... 

I also mentioned, in a high DD ranked match... There is no way, no way... You're going to save your star as a BB...

According to carefully done math, of the current in game threats of tier 10... BBs will have a better chance at "saving their star" as long as

  • DDs are not the dominate make up of the fleets
  • In a CV match, with a competent CV player. no chance here to save a star.

If you play a BB in Ranked, the math is behind you only if... You play correctly and your aim is correct..  In words, if you're a sub par BB player... Nothing I just mentioned will save you... In fact, sub par BB players will be exposed Q  U I C K...

No matter the case... GL Clam....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277
[BOMBL]
Members
1,203 posts
15,237 battles
12 minutes ago, legozer said:

It appears to me that Smolensk is the saveastar king this season.

Some do it easy. The first day I had no trouble saving a star but for the most part the last few days dds have disappeared probably because you can forget saving a star. I have ended up on teams loaded with heavy cruisers and bbs and staying back. I can spot targets but can’t smoke or I loose the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,818
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,724 posts

I've got to level 10, which is where I stop at Ranked. This season I played the Montana, Des Moines, Midway, Gearing, Smolensk, Minotaur, and Henri IV. I did best in the Montana I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,066
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,114 posts
11,820 battles
12 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

May I recommend, to analyze the BB players on the red side to see what tactics they will use... If your cruisers were sink or had their HP evaporated, it was a red BBs fault... 

I also mentioned, in a high DD ranked match... There is no way, no way... You're going to save your star as a BB...

According to carefully done math, of the current in game threats of tier 10... BBs will have a better chance at "saving their star" as long as

  • DDs are not the dominate make up of the fleets
  • In a CV match, with a competent CV player. no chance here to save a star.

If you play a BB in Ranked, the math is behind you only if... You play correctly and your aim is correct..  In words, if you're a sub par BB player... Nothing I just mentioned will save you... In fact, sub par BB players will be exposed Q  U I C K...

No matter the case... GL Clam....

 

Yes your right as I said I felt like if I didn't get up there take a chance and do something we were going to lose anyway .

I remember in one game there were only 2 BBs , 3 DDs , and 2 CAs I didn't fair well in that game .

I have a Hindy I don't play her a lot but do you think she is good for ranked ?

I only have the Thunderer , GF , Republic and the HIndy tier 10 .

Of those ships only the Thunderer do I have over a 50% win rate . 

 

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
292
[KSD]
Members
263 posts
13,205 battles

smolensk!

 

Edited by MakeAWish_Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,025
[5D]
Members
1,117 posts
14,522 battles

got to rank 5 with bourgogne ,  seem like there not enough people at that rank unfortunally to keep playing for the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,453
[SALVO]
Members
2,685 posts
6,797 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

I'm with you, one match in my Shimmy and that was a total disaster and I'll stay at 15 and call it DONE.........  Won't do that again !!!  What a mess and 100% no fun........... I did have a notion to rebel though: and simply play the same ship and "just exist" and play to screw around versus seriously trying to test the "it doesn't matter" theory of winning by default.........  Maybe, after a few glasses of wine I'll try that..........it seems that there are a great many doing exactly that though..........???

If you got a ship, try a gunboat build,  they seriously excel with a lot of the buffs. 

25 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

Got to rank 5 with ifhe colbert 

I fear the Colbert far more then a Smolensk in my DDs.   Colbert creates a literal curtain of fire already, which btw suck to have to drive through.  It would be like a shower with ranked buffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,691
[WORX]
Members
11,984 posts
19,501 battles
44 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I have a Hindy I don't play her a lot but do you think she is good for ranked ?

IMO, German and Italian cruisers are making a killing in ranked... If I have to play a cruiser, I would avoid the "light" ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
420
[AAA]
Members
447 posts
16,352 battles
20 minutes ago, dad003 said:

got to rank 5 with bourgogne ,  seem like there not enough people at that rank unfortunally to keep playing for the moment

You have to love the humblebrag...:Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,066
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,114 posts
11,820 battles
11 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

IMO, German and Italian cruisers are making a killing in ranked... If I have to play a cruiser, I would avoid the "light" ones.

Ok thanks Naval maybe I will give the Hindy a try .

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[KIA-C]
Members
3,583 posts
15,801 battles

Des Moines and Worcester looks fun to play with those buffs.

 

Bourgogne is definitely a blast to play especially when you get the heal buff. You can pull out some yolo action.

 

I must say, I see less DD straight up suiciding to get buff so it makes the game last longer and a bit more enjoyable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×