You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
skyver

First battle in this ship I LOVE THIS GAME

14 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
421 battles

A couple of days ago I got the 200% cashback coupon for new players and made my first post here for advice on what to buy. I followed the suggestion of a fellow player to get the Jean Bart.

What a beautiful ship she is when you look at her and look at her is indeed the only thing I did. I purchased all the upgrades for her, got her a unique commander from the armory with 10 points for 1500 doubloons, mounted all the premium consumables and the flags, and sat and watched her in my port for a whole day. As a new player to this game with Tier VI AOBA being my highest tier ship, I just don't think I'm ready and I did not have the courage to take her out on the sea.

But this morning I did, and this is my first battle in the Jean Bart.

First_JB_20200229.thumb.jpg.467360d4a8bb3494b338b041048baa34.jpg

I just played with extra caution. I followed our dd to provide fire support from a distance, popped MBRB when I saw broadsides, and turned around to ambush when I realized that the enemy cruisers were trying to take our capture points. At the end of the battle, it became a 1 on 1 with an IOWA, and since I had only a little health left and we had point advantage, I just ram him to secure the win.

This is by coincidence the 100th win in random battles for me as you can see the medal in the picture, and I will surely remember this battle for some time. I am starting to enjoy the fun in this game if I play strategically, instead of just chasing and sinking enemy ships or most of the time get sunk. And Jean Bart, man, she is just AMAZING.

• Cool 6

[STW-N]
Members
4,178 posts
10,064 battles

Jean Bart is indeed a nice ship, one that can rip apart all comers with the right tactics.

Unfortunately, my first outing with her went from 100-0 really quickly when I overextended (and overestimated my bow armor) and ended up outflanked and sunk by, of all things, a Massachusetts.

I wish you the best of luck in WoWs!

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,108 posts
11,809 battles

Nice game congrats she's a good ship .

Edited by clammboy

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
16 minutes ago, skyver said:

A couple of days ago I got the 200% cashback coupon for new players and made my first post here for advice on what to buy. I followed the suggestion of a fellow player to get the Jean Bart.

What a beautiful ship she is when you look at her and look at her is indeed the only thing I did. I purchased all the upgrades for her, got her a unique commander from the armory with 10 points for 1500 doubloons, mounted all the premium consumables and the flags, and sat and watched her in my port for a whole day. As a new player to this game with Tier VI AOBA being my highest tier ship, I just don't think I'm ready and I did not have the courage to take her out on the sea.

But this morning I did, and this is my first battle in the Jean Bart.

First_JB_20200229.thumb.jpg.467360d4a8bb3494b338b041048baa34.jpg

I just played with extra caution. I followed our dd to provide fire support from a distance, popped MBRB when I saw broadsides, and turned around to ambush when I realized that the enemy cruisers were trying to take our capture points. At the end of the battle, it became a 1 on 1 with an IOWA, and since I had only a little health left and we had point advantage, I just ram him to secure the win.

This is by coincidence the 100th win in random battles for me as you can see the medal in the picture, and I will surely remember this battle for some time. I am starting to enjoy the fun in this game if I play strategically, instead of just chasing and sinking enemy ships or most of the time get sunk. And Jean Bart, man, she is just AMAZING.

Congratulations man!  Keep sailing and having fun!  Also try out all the ships as much as you can.  There are so many great ships and ship types in the game!

Members
6 posts
421 battles
8 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

^^

JB is amazing, not gonna lie

Just don't forget that she's covered in 32mm armor plate everywhere, except the 19mm superstructures

Could you please elaborate a little bit on what these numbers mean on her tier? By reading guides I am assuming that she has bad armor that is vulnerable to HE spam and is not good for brawling.

Also, since there is an update on nerfing IFHE, will HE spamming still be a big issue to Jean Bart?

Members
1,108 posts
4,792 battles

Those numbers mean that she is vulnerable to any ship that can muster more than 32mm of HE penetration with their guns, such as IFHE equipped Ducky-botes ( Akizuki ), or Wooster and the likes of such. Also, her armor isn't bad for brawling, it's just that Yamato and Musashi will eat her alive from any angle

Shrayes

PS, avoid British BBs like the plague, they will rip you a new one if they hit you with HE.

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
11 minutes ago, skyver said:

since there is an update on nerfing IFHE, will HE spamming still be a big issue to Jean Bart?

My prediction is that a lot of light cruisers, the IJN 100mm DDs and the 130mm Soviet gunbotes will not see the value in investing 4 skill points in IFHE and will turn to fire spamming builds. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,365 posts
22,158 battles

Congratulations. 

She is a fine lady and does well if you treat her nice. 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,197 posts
1 hour ago, skyver said:

And Jean Bart, man, she is just AMAZING ...

Congratulations and Well Done!  I've had JB well over a year and play her once a day ... always have fun with that ship; hope you do as well.

[NG-NL]
Members
354 posts
10,092 battles

Thanks for telling us what you decided. And what a great first battle!

See you on the high seas!