You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

20 comments in this topic

[MMLAT]
Members
32 posts
9,436 battles

Fellow Captains,

I have to say  I am more angry this morning than I have been in a long time about this damn game.  I was playing in a match today with my Abruzzi when "poof" I exploded.  I was hit with 3 shells and lost my entire HP amount.  Three damn hits and boom.  Not a detonation.  Just boom.  I had only bumped into a teammate earlier in the match so I had 99.9% of my HP left.

This is total and utter crap.  In real life, 3 god damn shells from a single BB would not obliterate a cruiser.  I had my detonation signal on so this is total crap.  Why the hell am I wasting my time outfitting detonation signals.

They need to fix the freakin armor on Italian Cruisers.  BB are not shooting nuclear tipped missles.

Okay rant over.

Peace Out,

Joe

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[KWF]
Members
4,207 posts
6,355 battles

Let's pick for example Colorado and it's AP. On a citadel it does 12.5k damage. Your HP is 32.5k, so you just got triplecitadelled. No detonation or anything, just bad luck and/or good aiming from the enemy BB.

• Cool 2

[MMLAT]
Members
32 posts
9,436 battles

I don't think enemy BB Captain skill had anything to do with it.  I think the ship needs to be fixed so one salvo with 3 hits does not result in total loss of HP.  I the match works out that this is possible than that suggests a possible fix.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,756 posts
14,009 battles

I bet that is was three citadels for a devastating strike. You have 32,500 hit points and three citadels from a Colorado for example deals 37,200 hit points, boom dead Duca degli Abruzzi. I have been on both sides of that deal and yes it is frustrating but what you should have done was to give the player that killed you a nice shot.

[SALVO]
Members
24,261 posts
24,567 battles
24 minutes ago, JoeSlackman said:

Fellow Captains,

I have to say  I am more angry this morning than I have been in a long time about this damn game.  I was playing in a match today with my Abruzzi when "poof" I exploded.  I was hit with 3 shells and lost my entire HP amount.  Three damn hits and boom.  Not a detonation.  Just boom.  I had only bumped into a teammate earlier in the match so I had 99.9% of my HP left.

This is total and utter crap.  In real life, 3 god damn shells from a single BB would not obliterate a cruiser.  I had my detonation signal on so this is total crap.  Why the hell am I wasting my time outfitting detonation signals.

They need to fix the freakin armor on Italian Cruisers.  BB are not shooting nuclear tipped missles.

Okay rant over.

Peace Out,

Joe

1. It's not real life. You pretty clearly took 3 citadel hits.  With over 8k games under your belt, how could you NOT know that this is what happened and so on and so forth???

2. Fixing the armor wouldn't really do you any good, unless they made the armor BB-grade armor, which never happened in real life!!!  In fact, it's often better for cruisers to be incredibly squishy rather than be well armored (for cruisers) because that very squishness increases the likelihood that hits will be overpens rather than full pens.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,756 posts
14,009 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

1. It's not real life. You pretty clearly took 3 citadel hits.  With over 8k games under your belt, how could you NOT know that this is what happened and so on and so forth???

2. Fixing the armor wouldn't really do you any good, unless they made the armor BB-grade armor, which never happened in real life!!!  In fact, it's often better for cruisers to be incredibly squishy rather than be well armored (for cruisers) because that very squishness increases the likelihood that hits will be overpens rather than full pens.

True that it isn't real life but in real life three solid BB hits on a cruiser would pretty well wreck it no matter where they hit. Oh it probably wouldn't sink but it would not be doing much fighting at least until all the systems that were knocked off line were brought back up.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,261 posts
24,567 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True that it isn't real life but in real life three solid BB hits on a cruiser would pretty well wreck it no matter where they hit. Oh it probably wouldn't sink but it would not be doing much fighting at least until all the systems that were knocked off line were brought back up.

Oh, I completely agree.

[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
1,436 posts
4,444 battles
56 minutes ago, JoeSlackman said:

Fellow Captains,

Okay rant over.

Peace Out,

Joe

Yea, I'm sure Captain Ralph Kerr (he was commanding HMS Hood don't ya know...) felt the exact same way...  :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,457 posts
10,908 battles

Hey we have all been dev struck and felt it wasn't fair it actually sucks . This game is one of the few things in life besides my ex wife that can actually get under my skin enough to make me lose my temper for a minute .

Maybe a little rant like this is good therapy hope you feel better . I'm sure most of us know the feeling .

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,337 posts
14,586 battles

I evaporated a Smolensk in the atoll of Sleeping Giant with my Monty. I got a DS but it did not get a detonation. It looked full health. I suppose it had .1% damage before that.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,509 posts
20,326 battles

Those are fun to give but never fun to receive! I, unfortunately, receive them more than give them...

Peace out, @JoeSlackman

[WOLF5]
Supertester
3,734 posts
3,936 battles
1 hour ago, JoeSlackman said:

Fellow Captains,

Okay rant over.

Peace Out,

Joe

They're not shooting nukes (well, the USN might be) but they are shooting the equivalent of a small car filled with high explosive. It only took one shell to vaporize the Hood, and that had way more armor than Abruzzi. And IRL three BB AP hits would pretty much render a CL combat ineffective. So it's not actually unrealistic. In game, well don't give broadside to a BB is kind of rule #1 so what did you expect?

[CVA16]
Members
5,145 posts
15,364 battles
1 hour ago, Murotsu said:

Yea, I'm sure Captain Ralph Kerr (he was commanding HMS Hood don't ya know...) felt the exact same way...  :cap_hmm:

To be fair--That would be a detonation. The OP had a FLAG that prevented detonations. I guess the captain of the Hood thought he could get by without one.:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
12,980 posts
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

You want to be good or Awsom!  

Traggorn!!!!

aVCMExY.gif

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,888 posts
12,511 battles

On an actual warship, it's not how many shells hit a ship, it's exactly where they hit. It's just as likely to be the first shell to hit as it is the 20th.

[THREE]
Members
2,320 posts
12,510 battles

Hey

To be fair the Abruzzi is garbage.  You have a decent game, maybe 1 in 8 where it's average damage, the rest are sub par.  You hit stuff but it's so low of damage that you feel like your wasting your time.  It's nearly as bad as playing the Indianapolis, which I think has better potential. and at least it has radar .Abruzzi feels more like a T6 cruiser in performance, I have had better games from the T6 Duca than I can with Abruzzi.

Pete