You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LaBombarde

CV get's their own Lobby

51 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles
1 minute ago, LaBombarde said:

Many of you may remember when your Mom would tell you; "Let your Little Sister play!"; and how it ruined whatever you may be trying to enjoy.   That's the CV problem we have.

2 CV's vs 2 CV's is usually how that ends.  So 4 guys get to sit back and sucker punch and last the entire battle and use the lame excuse of..  NO DUDE,, I LOSE PLANES!  I LOSE PLANES DUDE! ..

lol,  Whatever helps you sleep.  We all know CV's are broken.  They don't attack each other until the end of the battle.

I have a solution.  Give the CV's their own lobby, where 4 guys can sink bots and then finally fight each other.

I have an equally realistic solution to ending armed conflict between countries, just dissolve all nations, and put the UN in charge of the world.....

• Funny 5
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[PUFF]
Members
67 posts
4,739 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I have an equally realistic solution to ending armed conflict between countries, just dissolve all nations, and put the UN in charge of the world.....

I can't see the image.  But the quote is funny.

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts

I think that's a good idea.  However, I like your "but I lose planes" meme.  That got me thinking.  Why not have planes only damage AA mounts on ships (and not be able to do any damage to ship's HP).  That way they lose planes and can't attack us, and we lose AA guns and can't attack them.  That way its a perfectly fair trade.  I don't know why no one thought of this sooner.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 5

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles
16 minutes ago, LaBombarde said:

Many of you may remember when your Mom would tell you; "Let your Little Sister play!"; and how it ruined whatever you may be trying to enjoy.   That's the CV problem we have.

2 CV's vs 2 CV's is usually how that ends.  So 4 guys get to sit back and sucker punch and last the entire battle and use the lame excuse of..  NO DUDE,, I LOSE PLANES!  I LOSE PLANES DUDE! ..

lol,  Whatever helps you sleep.  We all know CV's are broken.  They don't attack each other until the end of the battle.

I have a solution.  Give the CV's their own lobby, where 4 guys can sink bots and then finally fight each other and leave us alone.

As long as it is something like this, I'm good.

lobby.jpg

Edited by ItsSubmersible

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts
5 minutes ago, LaBombarde said:

I like your idea!!!   You're welcome War Gaming.  We fixed it.

Be careful there with the "we" fixed it.  Your contribution consisted of supplying a meme, I did the real heavy lifting. :Smile_trollface:

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles
15 minutes ago, LaBombarde said:

I can't see the image.  

Exactly lol!

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
23 minutes ago, LaBombarde said:

I have a solution.  Give the CV's their own lobby, where 4 guys can sink bots and then finally fight each other and leave us alone.

Wouldn't work. Ever seen a human CV in Co-op? Lamer than a 3-legged cow eating jimson weed. The bot AA and torp beats are too much for them.

Edited by So_lt_Goes

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Wouldn't work. Ever seen a human CV in Co-op? Lamer than a 3-legged cow eating jimson weed. The bot AA and torp beats are too much for them.

I Actually do ok with CV in Co-Op, and that’s with my using a tier 6 CV and only doing so when I absolutely have to for some mission. Or I might use the CV in Scenario instead.

I dislike the new CV and don’t force them upon the Random players anymore.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
  • Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

I'd love this, but it will probably never happen. WG needs you to be playing Randoms, and to be frustrated in Randoms. CVs further the latter goal. If CVs had their own game mode, only hardcore CV players would be there, and no one else.

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
472 posts

Hmmm, there are folks on here that don't like every single class in the game. How about we implement this for all ship types?

/S

Cirran

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[WOLF3]
Members
28,792 posts
25,049 battles

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looked like in World War II.

Image result for enterprise world war 2

:Smile_trollface:

What was also amusing is finding out the US was building large, modern fleet carriers of the Essex-class in a lot shorter time than modern Battleships (source).

676924064_2019-10-11(2).thumb.png.5e0ee1ef601816606e858b8d2c1343bc.png

Less than 2 months after Pearl Harbor, you can see the Industrial Tidal Wave of the Essex-class was on its way.  Midway had not been fought yet.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[APEZ]
Members
1,496 posts
9,410 battles

They are already more PvE than they are PvP, let them have their own co-op with bots to fight. 

I agree with someone above, frustration and boredom are what push people to spend money.

[BEA5T]
Members
482 posts
16,543 battles
2 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

I play CV's in Co-op ALOT and yea the Bot AA can be staggering to deal with but you just adjust.   The sad part is that it takes so much too get battle damage using CV's which equates as they say to "death by a thousand cuts"

• Cool 1

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Well, CV gameplay is pretty much PVE. Cv's are "fighting" against AA, which is a automatic system. Other ships have no skill based counter against cv's. Giving CVs a New game mode where they fight bots wouldnt make any difference for them. 

• Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
9 minutes ago, Xlap said:

Well, CV gameplay is pretty much PVE. Cv's are "fighting" against AA, which is a automatic system. Other ships have no skill based counter against cv's. Giving CVs a New game mode where they fight bots wouldnt make any difference for them. 

It would make a difference for me though.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,222 posts
7,606 battles

I wonder what the current batch of CV criers would do if the old CV's were brought back, where T10 Hak could dev strike a full hp tier 8 BB 2 minutes into the game and not lose a single aircraft, or a Ryujo could run 3 TB squads and get 150k attack without much effort.

WG has made CV's hard to kill by another CV because they know the good CV drivers will immediately target the opponent CV. Pre 8.0 it was a great tactic for a Kaga driver

• Cool 1

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
18 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

I wonder what the current batch of CV criers would do if the old CV's were brought back, where T10 Hak could dev strike a full hp tier 8 BB 2 minutes into the game and not lose a single aircraft, or a Ryujo could run 3 TB squads and get 150k attack without much effort.

WG has made CV's hard to kill by another CV because they know the good CV drivers will immediately target the opponent CV. Pre 8.0 it was a great tactic for a Kaga driver

I'd enjoy the fact that they actually take skill and would be just as scarce as they were before for that reason.

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
4 hours ago, LaBombarde said:

Another day another solution that targets only one ship type.  I'd like it if DD's got their own lobby as well.  So tired of stealth launching torps because I some how can't see what's right in front of me.  Yet when people say something about it, it's Oh no I might get hurt if you change things.  I'm sure the DD's as part of task force taffy really enjoyed their experience using that skill against that IJN task force.  I mean it wasn't the CV's that were fighting with them that finally made the IJN task force turn around as well. We know DD's are broken so they should only be able to sink other DD's with torps and only able to shoot secondaries on all other ships.

You do start to see the foolishness of this when it's applied to any other ship type.  The sheer amount of ignoring every other ships advantages is quite astounding to me.  Ah yes and oh look it's the same folks backing anything that harms another style of play because they don't like it.  Stunning and brave here folks.

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
823 posts
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

CVs do get their own mode of play.

Co-op

Operations

Random

Ranked

!

We don't get CB's which I would figure would make most of the anti-cv folks happy!  They have their wish and have an entire game type that ignores cv's and has better rewards then most anything else.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,170 posts
10,905 battles

CV whine  - check

Use of appropriated imagery without approval of artist - check

On ignore this guy goes

Members
1,268 posts
9,896 battles

I really hope we get a megathread for this. There are multiple cv threads asking similar questions answered keeping different topics from view.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
2,681 posts
6,790 battles
5 hours ago, LaBombarde said:

Best analogy to date. Bravo sir.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2