You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Splash1701D

Hull (C) Pros vs Cons?

8 comments in this topic

[USCGC]
Members
52 posts
2,067 battles

Can someone tell me if I'm missing something? Why would you upgrade from Hull (B) to Hull (C) on OMAHA when you loose 2 Main Turrets and 2 Torpedo Tubes? I know you gain AA but is it just a matter of how you want to spec and play? Thanks!

Omaha (C).png

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,175 posts
22,715 battles

I never upgraded to the C hull but I also haven't played Omaha with the new CV meta. If there are a lot of CV's in your battles you may want to. Usually, Omaha is maneuverable enough to dodge torps and make bomb runs miss as well.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
320 posts
10,692 battles

Is that easy, you want AA? Go hull C. No? Stay with B. It's a sidegrade, not an upgrade.

In my case, I hold hull B and was happy. But it's a matter of choice.

Have fun!

[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
9,091 posts
7,983 battles

Some time ago the C-Hull extended your range, but that has been removed at some point. These days it's not really worth it to go for the C-Hull.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,890 posts
25,140 battles

Omaha was never the same after the BFT & AFT nerf.  Went from "Hero" to "Zero" in one update.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF1]
Members
574 posts
1,587 battles

I torpedoed a New York and Texas in a five ship brawl. Then I accidentally rammed a full health Omaha.

in the end I sunk a New York, heavily damaged a Texas, and Banzied  a Omaha.

the DD I was with torpedoed the Texas then went aground after another torpedo killed its steering.

so I guess more torpedoes are better

Edited by Boomer625

[A-O]
Members
1,048 posts
10,626 battles
On 2/29/2020 at 8:46 AM, Splash1701D said:

Can someone tell me if I'm missing something? Why would you upgrade from Hull (B) to Hull (C) on OMAHA when you loose 2 Main Turrets and 2 Torpedo Tubes? I know you gain AA but is it just a matter of how you want to spec and play? Thanks!

Omaha (C).png

I upgraded to C Hull so I could get to the next ship but I then started getting hammered in Omaha (C).

Went back to B hull and now she works ok for me. I kept the C-Hull in inventory just in case something comes up :-)

[WOLF1]
Members
574 posts
1,587 battles

Does long range spamming HE onto battleships and setting fires while avoiding being focused on better than going forward with the destroyers to hunt other cruisers/destroyers with guns/torpedoes? I tried both in one match and i seem to reap more damage doing the long range fire setting (or maybe it was just because it was late game )