You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

WG is still hating me.

6 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

Ran my Seattle & of all my hits, only using HE without IFHE only one hit did damage.

From how quick the match was over I don't think anyone on my team was doing much damage.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,586 posts
4,223 battles

There's a reason pretty much everyone runs IFHE on the Seattle (and all CLs for that matter). You just discovered that reason.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

19 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

There's a reason pretty much everyone runs IFHE on the Seattle (and all CLs for that matter). You just discovered that reason.

A couple of days ago I scored 6 citadels in a single battle using HE.

I'm not denying IFHE would help, I took concealment 1st, need 3 more commander points for IFHE.

(no, I don't think WG actually hates me)

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,586 posts
4,223 battles
19 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

A couple of days ago I scored 6 citadels in a single battle using HE.

I'm not denying IFHE would help, I took concealment 1st, need 3 more commander points for IFHE.

(no, I don't think WG actually hates me)

Yeah, but not against high tier ships. The armor on high tier ships is such that you can't pen most of the decks if you're uptiered.

And yeah, HE cits are hilarious. Mid tier RN and MN CLs are particularly prone to such issues:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Ran my Seattle & of all my hits, only using HE without IFHE only one hit did damage.

From how quick the match was over I don't think anyone on my team was doing much damage.

152/6 = 25.333

IF you're shooting at ships with 25mm or more armor you will deal no damage, at tier 8 to 10 that's virtually everything save DDs and a handful of light cruisers. So the only damage you can do without IFHE is superstructure and fire damage.

IFHE means you can deal damage to bow or stern of practically anything it's basically mandatory for the 6 inch guns in that line.

Edited by Sethanas

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,845 battles
4 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Yeah, but not against high tier ships. The armor on high tier ships is such that you can't pen most of the decks if you're uptiered.

And yeah, HE cits are hilarious. Mid tier RN and MN CLs are particularly prone to such issues:Smile_teethhappy:

My favorite part of Thunderer. :cap_haloween:Those poor Smolensk, Minotaur, Neptune and Chapayevs!