You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
asianpaine

Can I get Commander Cunningham for Free or do I have to Spend Doubloons?

34 comments in this topic

[TIRP]
Members
45 posts
4,718 battles

The title says it all. Can i get him for free just by doing the directives? 

Cheers.

"Don't complain about carriers. Look at yourself, your playstyle. It's not the carriers' problems. It's yours. Live up to it, or continue to be ignorant." 

• Boring 2

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,858 battles

Not just by doing all the directives, no.  You also need a good chunk of tokens from other areas.  If you haven't been getting nearly 100% of the daily missions done you've probably already missed your chance to get him for free.  If you've been doing those, and the directives, and the daily wins in the British cruisers, it can be free.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,456 posts
14,821 battles
6 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Not just by doing all the directives, no.  You also need a good chunk of tokens from other areas.  If you haven't been getting nearly 100% of the daily missions done you've probably already missed your chance to get him for free.  If you've been doing those, and the directives, and the daily wins in the British cruisers, it can be free.

This, I can see that I am not getting him for tokens and will have to wait for him to show up for resources, hopefully coal.

[KSC]
Members
837 posts
11,336 battles

You can get 10 tokens a day for a win in the Albemarle (tech tree tier 8 ship), and 20 tokens a day from doing the dailies.  You get like 500 from the directives, I think.

If you're only off by 100 or so, you can grind the heck out of the PTS.  Completing the 30k base xp mission on the PTS that corresponds with the British Event 2 rewards you another 100 tokens, as well.  You would have to complete the current one first to be able to do the previous one (so 60k base xp :\ )

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
35 minutes ago, asianpaine said:

Cheers.

"Don't complain about carriers. Look at yourself, your playstyle. It's not the carriers' problems. It's yours. Live up to it, or continue to be ignorant." 

I'll get him for free I'll have him by this coming monday, I have had to due daily 10 token and Daily missions for the past three weeks if you haven't been doing the dailys and 10 plus tokens, then you will have to wait and buy him for 175,000 coal.

[WOLFO]
Members
589 posts
5,479 battles

Someone in the forums mentioned the skipper is kinda OP. I may just get over the 1k threshold, is it really worth it? Especially if have no intention of being a super serious clan, ranked battle person.

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

With the 3rd set of directives complete & 20 tokens from Friday, Feb 29th's dailies I have 770 tokens. The 4th set has another 150 tokens. That will leave another 80 tokens or 4 dailies to get the 1000 tokens needed for Cunningham.

I am assuming WG will still be including tokens as part of the dailies rewards until the time expires on the event.

BTW, on a side note does anyone know if Andrew Cunningham & Richie Cunningham are related?

Thought I'd ask.

image.thumb.png.6a7667c7a5409994159ab51107ffc109.png

• Funny 1

Members
925 posts
5,110 battles

You'd had to of been playing multiple battles every day for the last couple weeks or so. Really dumb. The gold price is asinine too at between 5 and 8k and that's with directive competition.  

None of the commanders are remotely close to worth 175k coal either comparative to what ships cost. At some point I wouldn't be surprised to see a 50% coupon introduced into the Armory since they're pumping these commanders out with regularity.

Edited by ksix
  • Boring 1

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
8 minutes ago, ksix said:

You'd had to of been playing multiple battles every day for the last couple weeks or so. Really dumb.

None of the commanders are remotely close to worth 175k coal either comparative to what ships cost. At some point I wouldn't be surprised to see a 50% coupon introduced into the Armory since they're pumping these commanders out with regularity.

I think your wrong, lutgens is probably the only one, the rest are powerful

[B-Z]
Members
199 posts
23,183 battles
1 hour ago, Ahskance said:

You can get 10 tokens a day for a win in the Albemarle (tech tree tier 8 ship), and 20 tokens a day from doing the dailies.  You get like 500 from the directives, I think.

If you're only off by 100 or so, you can grind the heck out of the PTS.  Completing the 30k base xp mission on the PTS that corresponds with the British Event 2 rewards you another 100 tokens, as well.  You would have to complete the current one first to be able to do the previous one (so 60k base xp :\ )

But do you get rewarded those on live server? Doesn't actually say anywhere I can see that it will.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/public-test-092/

Once you complete this mission, the Winter Season #2 mission from the previous Public Test will become available to you. After completing this mission as well, you'll gain access to the Winter Season #1 mission from the Public Test 0.9.0. If you already started working your way through the Winter Season missions during Public Tests 0.9.0 or 0.9.1, your progress will be saved.

All the live server rewards appear to be clearly stated with

Reward on the live server:

Edited by John_Crace

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,275 battles
52 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

does anyone know if Andrew Cunningham & Richie Cunningham are related?

Yes, yes they are, and, like Andrew, Richie Cunningham is also OP.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
457 posts
1 hour ago, lordholland4293 said:

I'll get him for free I'll have him by this coming monday, I have had to due daily 10 token and Daily missions for the past three weeks if you haven't been doing the dailys and 10 plus tokens, then you will have to wait and buy him for 175,000 coal.

2 more days. without directive 4, i have him for free

regards

j

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,238 posts
23,105 battles
1 hour ago, ArmoredFrostX said:

You can get him for free, if you successfully complete daily missions, directives, etc. @Kizarvexis has written a clear guide how to do it. 

As always :-)

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,805 posts
12,985 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This, I can see that I am not getting him for tokens and will have to wait for him to show up for resources, hopefully coal.

He's going to be as overpriced as Kuznetsov, Lutjens, and Phillipe.

[BUOY]
Members
1,123 posts
15,507 battles
6 hours ago, asianpaine said:

Cheers.

You have / had at least a five daily mission leeway for Cunningham if you don't have London / Albermarle since the directives give 550, the dailies 500, the daily shipments 50 and the L/A daily 280 total tokens.

Or put another way you need to earn/buy 450 tokens after finishing the dailies.

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,271 battles
1 hour ago, lloyd1701 said:

Or put another way you need to earn/buy 450 tokens after finishing the dailies.

Can you even buy those tokens?  In a lot of past events they had loot crates that included tokens as well as a few other token items (the typical rags & paint).  This time I don't see any.  Not that I need them, I'm fairly certain I'll get him once I finish directive 4.  

[O_O]
Members
6,897 posts
16,528 battles

I think I have missed 6 daily missions so far.  Even though I'll get London Monday and can start collecting an additional 10 tokens/day, it sounds like I'm going to be a few short.  

[CO-OP]
Members
1,839 posts
26,573 battles

His silver worth in terms of what you get for 1000 Royal Tokens is 9,000,000 silver. There's nothing else in the Armory that appeals to me so I will probably get Cunningham, sometime tomorrow if not Monday.

[PVE]
Members
12,860 posts
26,857 battles
47 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Can you even buy those tokens?  In a lot of past events they had loot crates that included tokens as well as a few other token items (the typical rags & paint).  This time I don't see any.  Not that I need them, I'm fairly certain I'll get him once I finish directive 4.  

Armory bundles for 1K doubloons include 40 tokens each

[PVE]
Members
12,860 posts
26,857 battles
9 hours ago, asianpaine said:

Cheers.

Yes.

I currently have 772 tokens AND have Cunningham. I got him the day he became available. I did that 1st stage of the event and some other stuff and got the tokens I could and then I spent real $$$ to buy bundles to finish it as I also got Goliath the day the update dropped and wanted him for the Capt. Didn't want to wait a month or mess with swapping/retraining Capt's so I could use Goliath right away so just got the tokens I could and bought the rest needed. However if you add those 1st earned tokens I used, to my current 772, as well as all the ones you can still earn I am easily far over the 1000 needed.

This link shows you how many tokens you can earn free over the course of update 9.1 (scroll down to Royal Tokens)...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/british-cruisers-london/

Total Tokens Available:

• Complete all 4 Directive Stages = 550
  • Complete all Daily Missions = 500 (20 tokens p/ day)
  • Complete all Challenges = 280 (10 tokens p/ day - requires London, Cheshire, or Albemarle)
  • Receive all Daily Shipments = 50
  • Total tokens possible for free = 1380
Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
9 hours ago, asianpaine said:

Cheers.

By just doing the Directives? No.

You have to do almost all the Daily Chains as well. If you did all the Daily Shipments, that gave you 50, so you can do five less Daily Chains. If you have been doing the London, Abermarle, or Cheshire Daily Challenge, then you can do less Daily Chains.

The Cmdr costs 1,000 British Tokens.

You get up to;

550 British Tokens from Directives,

500 British Tokens from Daily Chains,

50 British Tokens from the Daily Shipments (ended Feb 26th),

280 British Tokens from the Daily Challenge for London, Abermarle, or Cheshire.

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,699 battles
7 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

2 more days. without directive 4, i have him for free

regards

j

How? Did you get the PTS reward?