You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Landtuber

I sank myself - in open ocean - how????

10 comments in this topic

[SCSA]
Members
27 posts
2,613 battles

So I was playing around in Coop today, and while playing as Nicholas V, all of a sudden I just blew up.  The game said that I sank myself - no icon for ramming, shots or torpedo, just the sinking icon and that Landtuber sank Landtuber.....

Any thoughts as to what happened?

I had no shells in the air, i did have torpedo's in the water but I could still see them moving and got no team-killing warning so i didn't hit anyone with them.

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles

Post the end of battle summery, the "detailed report" Tab... If you dont post that OR a replay...You're guilty of TK.

The system has a %99.90 conviction rate... Many have profess their innocents all they like... HOWEVER, the system is automatic, as well as it rarely fails.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

If you already had a team damage penalty, then the next substance may result in reflected damage immediately.   Your torps probably hit someone.

• Cool 1

[SCSA]
Members
27 posts
2,613 battles

Can I get back into that detailed tab and check after the game?  The TK would make sense, but I was scanning and I was so sure I didn't hit someone with a Torp.

I had hit someone the game prior with a few shells from a BB and did some good damage, so that lends credence to what you're saying there.

[WORX]
Members
12,063 posts
19,521 battles
2 minutes ago, Landtuber said:

Can I get back into that detailed tab and check after the game?

As long as you didn't end or reset your client...

@Old_Baldy_One

Do you remember how to check old battles ???? Right now I am not close to the gaming portal to give the right intructions...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,535 posts
14,839 battles
4 minutes ago, Landtuber said:

Can I get back into that detailed tab and check after the game?  The TK would make sense, but I was scanning and I was so sure I didn't hit someone with a Torp.

I had hit someone the game prior with a few shells from a BB and did some good damage, so that lends credence to what you're saying there.

Only if you haven't shut down the client. You caused enough team damage likely from torpedoes, for it to reflect onto you. You need to learn to not shoot when friendlies can get in the way.

[CK5]
Members
1,497 posts
15,935 battles

The easiest way to check while still in game is to check the post battle Details tab.  All damage done, including to friendlies, will be listed there.  

[SCSA]
Members
27 posts
2,613 battles

Roger - I wasn't aware I could go back and check prior games, so thank you for that!  Sadly that client is closed (over lunch at work) but I expect I did hit someone with a torpedo. 

Much obliged all, and I'll work harder on aiming my torps better!

[RLGN]
Members
15,199 posts
26,854 battles
4 minutes ago, Landtuber said:

Roger - I wasn't aware I could go back and check prior games, so thank you for that!  Sadly that client is closed (over lunch at work) but I expect I did hit someone with a torpedo. 

Much obliged all, and I'll work harder on aiming my torps better!

Don’t start your client.

Go into C/Games/WorldofWarships/Replays.

If you have a good idea which replay it is, you can click on that, and either tell it to play in the WOWs client, or it might start automatically.

Not somewhere where I can look up the exact details atm.

If you can watch the replay, it should show what happened.

There’s a way to free cam and follow your torps, but I’m not sure how that works.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,890 posts
25,140 battles

You probably have been damaging your teammates so much that eventually the damage got reflected back into you as punishment.

Earlier today I watched some dude in his Cruiser fire his entire load of torpedoes 5km or so into a spot where a friendly BB was knife fighting a bot BB.  Almost all his d*mn torps hit the friendly BB and the Cruiser got blown up as a result for that.

I was flying my CVs torpedo bombers and even I held off on dropping for fear of hitting a friendly, apparently the Cruiser guy didn't have that sort of problem and unloaded anyways. 

I congratulated him on his display of skill.

Much wow.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway