Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JackSparrow_665

The Little Bote That Could

9 comments in this topic

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles

Here is another game in my flagship the Huanghe. A little boat that is often overlooked by many players but can work wonders in the right hands.  船长们,祝你好运! (I wish I got a reward for getting close-quarters expert and a devastating strike in a Huanghe) (Yes, that's two citadels right there and 27 aircraft)

image.thumb.png.3f140b319b8c0ba7ed6a17e93cca8d2e.png

image.thumb.png.cb6e734ffa92ae368022734e5a140a1f.png

image.thumb.png.59dfa5ade8f3224d11de4c6c389a26e7.png

[CVA16]
Members
5,873 posts
18,075 battles

Huang He is similar to the Yahagi in some ways. Both are ships that should be doing horribly based on stats and abilities but there is a cadre of players that seem to be able to do very well in them.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
15 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Huang He is similar to the Yahagi in some ways. Both are ships that should be doing horribly based on stats and abilities but there is a cadre of players that seem to be able to do very well in them.

Yeah. Although, Huanghe has high velocity, accurate guns and amazing AA. CVs usually don't bother with you because 1) your hard to hit 2) they lose too many planes. The detection range and manuverability is also great for the Huanghe and, although her torpedoes are narrow spread, they still come in handy when you need it. The creeping smoke allows you to retreat undetected. Overall, the boat seems bad on paper but works fine in practice.

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,298 battles

Some of that is reputation.  It has the rep of a weak ship.  In games, I've had red players shoot over me at another cruiser 2 or 3km behind me.  Sailed right up to them and face torped.  Underestimate the "Huang Meh" at your own peril.  

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
22 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Some of that is reputation.  It has the rep of a weak ship.  In games, I've had red players shoot over me at another cruiser 2 or 3km behind me.  Sailed right up to them and face torped.  Underestimate the "Huang Meh" at your own peril.  

Yeah but it works out extremely well. I agree that its reputation might just be its greatest weapon XD.

[CVA16]
Members
5,873 posts
18,075 battles
1 hour ago, JackSparrow_665 said:

Overall, the boat seems bad on paper but works fine in practice.

On the other hand there are numerous threads about people hating on the Yahagi so I assume that one is even tougher to make work. It may also be more people have tried it an failed to find its strengths (the do seem well hidden behind all the flaws). Having smoke like Huang he would probably solve a lot of the gripes.

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
20 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

On the other hand there are numerous threads about people hating on the Yahagi so I assume that one is even tougher to make work. It may also be more people have tried it an failed to find its strengths (the do seem well hidden behind all the flaws). Having smoke like Huang he would probably solve a lot of the gripes.

The Yahagi is terrible. Although they have the same guns, Huanghe gets Soviet shell velocity and accuracy with a faster accuracy. The main winner is the smoke which acts like a get-out-of-jail free card if your in a tough spot.

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles

Squeegie and Perth are my go to citadel machines! They seem to be all or nothing ships for me, either monster games or blapped early, no middle of the road..

[B-G-N]
Members
381 posts
539 battles
2 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Squeegie and Perth are my go to citadel machines! They seem to be all or nothing ships for me, either monster games or blapped early, no middle of the road..

That's most likely because of your strategy. If your a risk-taker, you either go big or go home. I play more carefully so I get average results most games with the occasional monster game.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this