Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Murcc

Ranked heal buffs are too strong

10 comments in this topic

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,635 posts
10,689 battles

Ranked heal buffs are too strong, especially for big ships.  If you are down to a one on one battle of a CA vs a BB, forget it.   I was chased around the map in my Des Moines by a Kurfurst and did 163k damage to him while ducking and dodging.  I could heal too, but one good hit from him could eliminate me or close to it, but not the other way around.  My damage was by attrition.  When I finally died, I had done 163k damage and he was still at half health and healing.  Our game was over I guess when our last BB decided it was a good idea to go up the middle between their last 2 BBs and take a broadside and die.  Once we lost our big ship, our 2 cruisers, one being a Stalingrad, couldn't keep up with the healing power of the BBs.

I guess the secret to winning this ranked season is to get buffs with your expendable small ships while keeping your BBs safely at range until all health buffs are accumulated.  If you can do that and get a BB advantage early on, you win.  I can see ranked turing into an all BB vs BB slugfest.  Even a few DDs thrown into the mix won't help with that, especially if you can heal back torp and flood damage.

This isn't going to be good.

Note:  I had been playing my Yamato to finish the Legendary Upgrade grind.  Only after I switched to CA did I realize how bad the buff zone problems were.

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
439 posts
8,277 battles

Just play smolensk and out DPM the heal buffs, easy ranked life komrade. :Smile_trollface:

Not even my hindy with sub 7 second reload buffs can out DPM a smol to fight heal buffs.

[FEM]
Members
2,105 posts
17,350 battles

Conversely I brawled a GK in Des Moines and killed him. He fired 3 shots in that time while he started nearly full HP. The heals hurt HE spam which honestly Is good

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,635 posts
10,689 battles
23 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

Just play smolensk and out DPM the heal buffs, easy ranked life komrade. :Smile_trollface:

Not even my hindy with sub 7 second reload buffs can out DPM a smol to fight heal buffs.

I'm going to try to stay away from my Smol unless I have to.  I have beat up on Hindys in Ranked using my Smol, though.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,114 posts
11,820 battles
19 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Conversely I brawled a GK in Des Moines and killed him. He fired 3 shots in that time while he started nearly full HP. The heals hurt HE spam which honestly Is good

I'm sorry but you don't count your a one percenter which I mean as a complement . Most of us have a little more trouble .

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,635 posts
10,689 battles
2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I'm sorry but you don't count your a one percenter which I mean as a complement . Most of us have a little more trouble .

LOL.  I was thinking the same thing.  I'm pretty sure I can't take down a GK from full health in 90 seconds or less in a DM if he angles at all.

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles
41 minutes ago, Saidalphon said:

I don’t think Smol is actually the answer this season outside of save a star. Even for its impressive DPM it doesn’t do the damage fast enough. From my couple of games at this point I think burst damage is what you want more than DPM. If you can blap a cruiser or DD early and roll that into a HP perk advantage I think that’s they key. Once something like a Kremlin gets 2-3 HP buffs Smol can wail on it all game and the Kremlin ain’t going anywhere. Smol on the other hand only has a limited amount of smokes, and will get eaten by any BB that can get to it late game.

Without a lot of games to really make the point I’ve been feeling a lot better about my Venezia than my Smol or Worcester. The combination of ludicrous agility after a few of those buffs, a good armor scheme, and the ability to pump out 10k+ volleys even into the late game is pretty good. Early game you blap a DD or Cruiser good and you can start the snowball. Smol and Worc on the other hand take a bit longer to get that going, and you risk doing 90% empty damage if you farm those fires like you usually want to do. 

That isn’t to say Smol is bad in the format. It’s fine. It’s probably not my go-to though unlike the last tier 10 season.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,174 posts
15,436 battles

I think Smoly is a area denial ship, and general irritant.  The effect of a Smoly is greater than her actual damage, from what I am seeing, plus it is a tough ship to kill for the most part.  Seems any ranked game I am in the Smoly is the last enemy ship.... but that is telling in itself.  She is not able to due that burst damage, and has great difficulty reversing a bad outcome, say her against two other ships of various health.  I do see Smoly lighting up noobish BBs and they run away very fast, and that has a great impact on the BB or CAs that stay in the fight.

I am seeing very good teams, if your lucky to be on one, and very bad teams...a few teams that it is a real gunfight, those battle are epic and frustrating if your on the losing end.  First few games with CVs were horrible...just hate them.... but they seemed to be less CVs over the last day I played.  LOTs of Shimi and Gearing, must be in response to CVs...long range torps, hang w the fleet, but that has a drawback of less spotting.

Venzia has been a good ship for me, a very good counter to the Smoly.  But the Repub is my go to ship... !

Sign in to follow this