You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

CV in Ranked

18 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles

Well [edited] I decided to play some ranked, and in a CV no less, and boy is it dumb.

Sure some teams are pathetic and will hide behind me, (yes 3 ships hiding behind the cv in one game)

But the CV in ranked is so over powered, ships spread out, no more over lapping AA bubble, a DD goes wide, yum yum yum goes the rocket planes.

And so many torp hits, over and over and over, did I mention over and over again, then its bombing time, more rockets, and then back to torps.

Having the CV in ranked is the [edited] thing I have seen, but hey seeing as I can use it I will, as I am all safe and snuggly in my special spot.

WG please do the player base a favour and never repeat this rubbish again.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
1,818 posts
27,119 battles

^This is like telling a pusher to be more considerate to his 'clients.' As long as the 'clients' show up with cash, the pusher has no need to change his behavior.

Edited by theLaalaa

0 posts

I like playing CVs in ranked, because :

1. isolated ships are easy victims for air attacks. Enemy team can be perma spotted with the drop of fighter squadron consumeables.
  2. I can torp and torp and torp and torp and... and nothing can stop me. Glue together to form an AA umbrella? Even better, I will drop torps on the edge of your AA umbrella and let my torps roll into your tightly packed blob of victimships. 
  3. Did I mention bombs and rockets? Maybe I forgot, yup they too are endless fun, I can rocket and rocket and rocket and rocket, and you can't stop me/// 

So please WG, consider this a pat on the back. Well done for letting CVs into ranked tier 10, I am having lots of fun. Hell, the 4% of players who play CVs are allowed to have some fun, right?

[RLGN]
Members
15,163 posts
26,800 battles

With a nod to the obvious sarcasm...

Apparently there have been a lot of AFKs this season of Ranked...

Gasp.

Shock.

Lots of folks must need new hardware, or a better ISP...

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,102 posts
11,809 battles
45 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

^This is like telling a pusher to be more considerate to his 'clients.' As long as the 'clients' show up with cash, the pusher has no need to change his behavior.

Except it's legal and your almost being encouraged to use it .

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
52 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

WG please do the player base a favour and never repeat this stupidity again.

I'm sure that they will get right on that. Expect an apology signed by the owners in your mailbox by the end of the week.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,102 posts
11,809 battles
32 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm sure that they will get right on that. Expect an apology signed by the owners in your mailbox by the end of the week.

Might even come next day priority mail .

Edited by clammboy
  • Funny 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,146 battles

Well its not worse then a ranked with full klebers or harogumos or stalins... unless you playing a dd of course.

[SALVO]
Members
25,816 posts
28,151 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Well [edited] I decided to play some ranked, and in a CV no less, and boy is it dumb.

Sure some teams are pathetic and will hide behind me, (yes 3 ships hiding behind the cv in one game)

But the CV in ranked is so over powered, ships spread out, no more over lapping AA bubble, a DD goes wide, yum yum yum goes the rocket planes.

And so many torp hits, over and over and over, did I mention over and over again, then its bombing time, more rockets, and then back to torps.

Having the CV in ranked is the [edited] thing I have seen, but hey seeing as I can use it I will, as I am all safe and snuggly in my special spot.

WG please do the player base a favour and never repeat this [edited] again.

Dude, CVs have been allowed in Ranked starting with the very first season.  IIRC, the only season(s) that they haven't been in ranked is post rework when an odd-numbered tier was selected for Ranked, since as you well know, CVs are only on the even numbered tiers.

Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles

Just earned a second place loser and the CV saved his star again because he got to live 7 minutes longer than anyone else on the team, and kept resetting center cap as he had a smorgasbord of targets to farm.

See the source image

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles
3 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Just earned a second place loser and the CV saved his star again because he got to live 7 minutes longer than anyone else on the team, and kept resetting center cap as he had a smorgasbord of targets to farm.

The CV in ranked is just dumb, but I will play it as I am grinding my LM and its good practice.

Members
760 posts
15,993 battles
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

WG please do the player base a favour and never repeat this rubbish again.

The tags for this post should be hanging from your mirror. 

LOL

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles
30 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

The tags for this post should be hanging from your mirror. 

LOL

How has any of what you said got to do with the subject matter at hand?

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

OP can't decide if he plays Ranked or not

I normally don't, but it was suggested it would be easier to grind in ranked in my CV for my legendary mod, and get practice in it.

But after 1 or 2 games I could see how dumb having a cv is in ranked.

Hence this thread.

It does not belong in 7 v 7 ranked at all, but on the flip side I will use one cause WG allows it

Edited by CriMiNaL__