You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BarneyStyle

I did it! the mighty Stalingrad is mine! POSITIVE POST!

20 comments in this topic

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,682 battles

I needed to make it to rank 6 this ranked season to acquire enough steel to purchase Stalingrad, and after 500+ days of playing this game, It's finally mine!  I made it to rank 7 last night, and needed 4 straight wins to get reach my goal, and this morning, the Venezia didn't disappoint.  This was the game that got me to rank 6.

I know I rub a lot of people the wrong way on here and in game, but I'm just really excited to FINALLY get this ship and I wanted to share with everyone.  Now I can finally relax, and just play... until the next must have ship comes out!

Enjoy the rest of the season everyone, don't let the competition get you down.

Ranked.png

Ranked1.png

• Cool 8

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,706 posts
11 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

I needed to make it to rank 6 this ranked season to acquire enough steel to purchase Stalingrad, and after 500+ days of playing this game, It's finally mine! 

Well done!

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles

I need another 1900 steel to get with the coupon I have.     I usually don't bog into ranked very deep..  10 is usually my stopping place, I hit it last night?  I'm tempted to trudge on...   Have no idea why I want..  I don't really play t10 ships much once I get them except in Ranked.  Some OCD issue of mine I think.     

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,682 battles
3 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

I need another 1900 steel to get with the coupon I have.     I usually don't bog into ranked very deep..  10 is usually my stopping place, I hit it last night?  I'm tempted to trudge on...   Have no idea why I want..  I don't really play t10 ships much once I get them except in Ranked.  Some OCD issue of mine I think.     

I don’t know why I wanted it so bad, it’s basically a battleship, and I’m generally a DD or cruiser main.  When I was within 3k the focus set in, never thought I would have that much steel to begin with.

You're pretty close, keep trying and see where you end up.  I thought it would take me a month to get to rank 6, but only took two days. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,920 posts

Congrats.  I know that feeling.   I won another Ranked battle last night and got the 200 Steel I still needed to add Flint to my fleet last night, and so far it's been a blast. 

Enjoy that Stalingrad.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WOLF5]
Members
1,300 posts
10,072 battles

Congratulations and enjoy your well earned reward!

[DOG]
Members
1,215 posts
12,617 battles
2 hours ago, BarneyStyle said:

I needed to make it to rank 6 this ranked season to acquire enough steel to purchase Stalingrad, and after 500+ days of playing this game, It's finally mine!  I made it to rank 7 last night, and needed 4 straight wins to get reach my goal, and this morning, the Venezia didn't disappoint.  This was the game that got me to rank 6.

I know I rub a lot of people the wrong way on here and in game, but I'm just really excited to FINALLY get this ship and I wanted to share with everyone.  Now I can finally relax, and just play... until the next must have ship comes out!

Enjoy the rest of the season everyone, don't let the competition get you down.

Ranked.png

Ranked1.png

Congratulations!  I am 42 steel shy of getting Bourgogne myself.  A nagging voice in the back of my head says I should get Stalingrad instead, since they are annoying to play against, and having one can allow you to bring a BB into clan or ranked that fills a CA slot.  But the idea of camping behind an island and bow tanking doesn't appeal to me, and I already have a Yoshino and Puerto Rico to fill the pseudo-BB role.

So you pulled this off in a Venezia?  I'm guessing you like it.  I've worked up to Brindisi myself, and I've found the Italian cruisers - meh, Okay, I guess.  I guess I just haven't figured out yet how to use SAP to maximum effect.  It has the advantage of doing at least some damage every salvo, but it generally doesn't do fantastic damage (except maybe against DDs).  But I'm thinking 15 203mm guns with AP loaded can probably ruin someone's day.

[WOLFG]
Members
661 posts
14,063 battles
34 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I won another Ranked battle last night and got the 200 Steel I still needed to add Flint to my fleet last night, and so far it's been a blast.

Could have saved your steel, waited a bit, and got the Flint for Coal.  They are removing it from the steel shop and eventually putting it in the coal shop. That's when I will be picking it up, lol. Can never save my steel for ships, too impatient. Always convert it into coal.  Anyway, congrats on your acquisition. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,920 posts
1 minute ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Could have saved your steel, waited a bit, and got the Flint for Coal.  They are removing it from the steel shop and eventually putting it in the coal shop. That's when I will be picking it up, lol. Can never save my steel for ships, too impatient. Always convert it into coal.  Anyway, congrats on your acquisition. 

I don't want to wait 6+ months, and who knows where the game will be by the end of 2020...

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,270 posts

+1, not for the achievement (although well done with that!), but for the 'Positive Post' indicator.

Sad that it's needed, but your thought in this area is appreciated sir. :Smile_honoring:

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,682 battles
21 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Congratulations!  I am 42 steel shy of getting Bourgogne myself.  A nagging voice in the back of my head says I should get Stalingrad instead, since they are annoying to play against, and having one can allow you to bring a BB into clan or ranked that fills a CA slot.  But the idea of camping behind an island and bow tanking doesn't appeal to me, and I already have a Yoshino and Puerto Rico to fill the pseudo-BB role.

So you pulled this off in a Venezia?  I'm guessing you like it.  I've worked up to Brindisi myself, and I've found the Italian cruisers - meh, Okay, I guess.  I guess I just haven't figured out yet how to use SAP to maximum effect.  It has the advantage of doing at least some damage every salvo, but it generally doesn't do fantastic damage (except maybe against DDs).  But I'm thinking 15 203mm guns with AP loaded can probably ruin someone's day.

Venezia in ranked is extremely useful, it’s high alpha and maneuverability make it a hard target.  It’s AP is... lacking at range, but up close (sub 10k) consider any cruiser deleted if they give broadside.  
Brindisi I found to be almost as powerful, but you have better MM with tier 9.  Good luck with the Bourgogne, I would have needed to rank out to get it, and I’m not stressing that much.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,502 battles

Well done, muh dude. Congrats.

I also lust after the mighty Stalingrad.

I'm pretty sure Ranked is causing accelerated aging. My twitch is getting worse, and 28k steel looks very far away. I only have about 6k just now.

I can't believe I spent my first 3k steel on a coal ship.

Such a noob move.

Maybe I will get a run of super containers, all full of steel.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
7 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

Well done, muh dude. Congrats.

I also lust after the mighty Stalingrad.

I'm pretty sure Ranked is causing accelerated aging. My twitch is getting worse, and 28k steel looks very far away. I only have about 6k just now.

I can't believe I spent my first 3k steel on a coal ship.

Such a noob move.

Maybe I will get a run of super containers, all full of steel.

I did same stupid stuff... 2K steel.. almost exactly the amount I am short of Stalingrad as we speak.  

0 posts

congrats/

Now you can retire your Moskva, and enjoy a 24 carat t10 seal clubbing bb in CA clothing for clan battles! As the Mouse once said in her review

Meet Moskva II.  Stalingrad doesn't supplement her, she replaces her outright.  This surprised me given the differences in their armament but the more time I put into testing and evaluating their respective play-styles, the more overlap I saw.  There were two disappointing elements in this:

1. Stalingrad doesn't offer anything new in terms of game play.
  2. Stalingrad is yet another example of a premium or reward ship outright supplanting a tech tree ship.

The performance difference between Moskva's 220mm guns and Stalingrad's 305mm guns should have made the two ships feel very different in terms of game play, yet they somehow this just never materialized for me.  To be clear, the guns do perform differently -- vastly so.  However, it's hard not to feel that Stalingrad's guns preserve all of the advantages of Moskva's weapons save rate of fire and then improves upon damage and penetration.  Tack on the advantages of Stalingrad's massive hit point pool and the tech tree ship is just a relic.  Stalingrad is just better without changing her style of play overmuch.  This is unfortunate.  While I can accept Stalingrad being more powerful, that she overwrites Moskva's game play is a real loss -- particularly because she simplifies it to brainless levels.  Stalingrad is not only more powerful, she's easier to play than Moskva and dull to boot.

Be sure to read that review for extra tips on how to make the most of owning such an outright overpowered bote 

Angry2-1024x576.jpg&key=918b184f0d40e472

Nike-shoes_dezeen_hero-1704x959.jpg

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,682 battles
4 hours ago, iRA6E said:

I did same stupid stuff... 2K steel.. almost exactly the amount I am short of Stalingrad as we speak.  

I did this too, before knowing the value of steel.  I think it was JB.