Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_bleJN7gXeLqd

Better to be playing WOWS than be in the Forums

18 comments in this topic

Members
324 posts

The whole point of playing video games is to enjoy some rest and relaxation, to temporarily forget our worries of real life, to demonstrate strong competitive spirit and skill, etc etc....

...but the forums is not that.  The forums is video game politics......World of Warships politics to be exact.   And being on the forums drains the enthusiasm to playing World of Warships.  

Henceforth, I am leaving the forums forever

Rest assured that I am still going to be playing World of Warships Random Battles, Clan Battles, Co-Op, and Ranked Battles, because I still love the game.  But I am no longer going to attach myself to Forum discussion anymore.    While I do enjoy a good, friendly conversation with anyone even if we disagree on things like the CV rework, Russian ships, destroyers' role, etc.  It becomes very complicated to make conversation when people just throw insults at you and demonstrate nothing but hate.  I have found it meaningless to carry on making forum posting or participation in forum posts as I would rather be playing WOWS than trying to reason with people who refuse to be reasoned with. 

I feel sorry for those players who do have hatred, and I hope the best that they will----in time----heal and no longer feel hatred in whatever they are hating.  Perhaps it is wishful thinking....but I do believe that with kindness and love, people can change.

Gandalf the Grey says it rightly.

Anyway dear fellow captains.  Fare thee well!  May we meet honorably and fight with dignity on the battlefield whether it be in destroyers, cruisers, battleships, aircraft carriers, or submarines.  I will respect you no matter WHICH SHIP or WHAT NATION you sail in. 

Because I am Ciryandil…..Ship Friend. 

:Smile_honoring:

Gandalf quote.jpg

• Cool 7
  • Confused 3

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts

:Smile_honoring: Never say never!

Whether we agreed on topics or not - I found the discussion in PM that we had about CVs far better than the general input you find on these forums.

When I have talked with others the same way (PM), I have always found it better than the surrounding drama and back biting of the forum environment.

The real discussions take place away from the soap opera that the forums have inevitably become.

All the best.

Community Department
3,327 posts
1,300 battles

It's normal, everyone can defend their point of view, just sometimes some are too passionate with it. 
Thanks for bringing here constructiveness and positive input on the Forums. Appreciate that greatly. 
I guess nobody can really blame you for your decision or if you change it in the future and come back here again. 
Thanks, see you in the battles!

Spoiler

And I hope here on the forums! Maybe, sometime in the future :Smile_honoring:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,729 posts

If it weren't for their forums I probably wouldn't play online games. The ability to interact with people from all over the world who share similar interests to mine is one of the best things about a gaming community. Not to mention that the forums contain a plethora of good information about the game, though sometimes one must sieve the sapphires from the mud to get it.  

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
31,385 posts
9,655 battles

I agree with the title.

Unfortunately, there's a lot more time during the day that I can forum than play.... 

[GOB]
Members
2,520 posts

If you put this game, the forum and the people who troll here in their proper priority it SHOULD fall somewhere under that way you feel when you forget your shoes on a rainy morning when you run out at 6 am because you forgot it was trash-day.

If even that.

Some people here LIVE to make you miserable and get reactions.  This place enables that anonymously IN DROVES.  It's what they want.

Subtract the NEGATIVE links from ANY forum or news site and POOF there goes 80% of you r click revenue.

Leaving just gives them a win. 

Until you reach the point that you can trigger one to be so obsessed with you they steal your Avatar you are still a rookie : )

0 posts
18 hours ago, Ciryandil said:

The whole point of playing video games is to enjoy some rest and relaxation, to temporarily forget our worries of real life, to demonstrate strong competitive spirit and skill, etc etc....

Oh indeed!

..but the forums is not that. 

it isn't?

The forums is video game politics......World of Warships politics to be exact.  

very much so, and so a major part of the fun of WOWS/ Of course, this may not be to everyone's taste, above all, if taken too seriously.

And being on the forums drains the enthusiasm to playing World of Warships.  

I am sorry to hear this. For others, the forum has the opposite effect, inspiring us to login and play.

Henceforth, I am leaving the forums forever. 

Well you won't be reading this then, but I wish you the best. Try the other WOWS forums, such as EU, ASIA or Reddit. One of them may suit you better. Each community has its own flavour and character.

Perhaps it is wishful thinking....but I do believe that with kindness and love, people can change.

I think it wishful thinking, but I also think we must remain kind and loving toward others, even in the face of spite. I sign all of my AP bombs dropped from Graf with a message, "With XXXLoveXXX"

[SALVO]
Members
4,540 posts
20,851 battles

@Ciryandil

I don't know the forums can be quite enjoyable at times, sometimes better than the game

There's been some pretty fun topics over the years

I mean we got rage quits, been some classics 

Been some really good trolls, lol

CV debate, still going 

Misguided newbies, lol there fun

WG itself, at least once a month

Tell you the truth im secretly waiting with anticipation for zoups next :cap_look:

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips

[YORHA]
Members
5,203 posts
10,365 battles

But... they won't let me play the game at work.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,505 posts
9,803 battles
22 hours ago, Ciryandil said:

Henceforth, I am leaving the forums forever.

k, bye.

• Boring 1

[36]
Members
454 posts
11,120 battles

Empathize with the OP completely. I’m not “leaving” the forum, but I have zero desire to actively participate anymore. What’s the point?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,825 battles
14 minutes ago, _Starbuck said:

Empathize with the OP completely. I’m not “leaving” the forum, but I have zero desire to actively participate anymore. What’s the point?

I don't always read forums … 

But when I do - I'm usually intoxicated 

XXX.jpg

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,825 battles
20 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

If it weren't for their forums I probably wouldn't play online games. The ability to interact with people from all over the world who share similar interests to mine is one of the best things about a gaming community. Not to mention that the forums contain a plethora of good information about the game, though sometimes one must sieve the sapphires from the mud to get it.  

In real life, we'd probably have to kill each other … 

But in forums, I find we get along quite nicely :)

It's the UN of WG!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,729 posts
2 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

I don't always read forums … 

But when I do - I'm usually intoxicated 

XXX.jpg

:Smile_veryhappy:

[YORHA]
Members
5,203 posts
10,365 battles
6 hours ago, _Starbuck said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12598382

[WOLFG]
Members
31,385 posts
9,655 battles
15 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

If you put this game, the forum and the people who troll here in their proper priority it SHOULD fall somewhere under that way you feel when you forget your shoes on a rainy morning when you run out at 6 am because you forgot it was trash-day.

Depends on the temperature. If it's barely above freezing and I do that, it's a miserable day of cold feet lol.

15 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Some people here LIVE to make you miserable and get reactions.  This place enables that anonymously IN DROVES.  It's what they want.

Subtract the NEGATIVE links from ANY forum or news site and POOF there goes 80% of you r click revenue.

Leaving just gives them a win. 

Until you reach the point that you can trigger one to be so obsessed with you they steal your Avatar you are still a rookie : )

To be fair though, it does make the forums lively. I need a forum that can keep me occupied all day at work during the slow season, and WG forums typically deliver! :Smile_teethhappy: 

[WOLFG]
Members
31,385 posts
9,655 battles
14 hours ago, LoveBote said:

I am sorry to hear this. For others, the forum has the opposite effect, inspiring us to login and play.

I agree. I wonder how much of my move to "the other game" being short-lived was due to the game itself, and how much was due to their forums being lame and lacking in participation.

Don't get me wrong, they were quite useful for questions and advice, etc. But you can only fill so many days with that lol.

Sign in to follow this