Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pura__Vida

CV's should not be able to keep a star.

81 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
6,873 posts
21,364 battles

They take no risk, yet chip away all game. And late game get tons of planes shot down to add to their XP. Just played a game where both CV's where top on their team and had more planes shot down that any other 4 players combined.

The more I think of CV's the more I despise them.

  • Cool 14
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,662
[WORX]
Members
11,916 posts
19,466 battles

The foundation rules of Ranked haven't changed since it was introduced...

That said. IF a CV can't save a star, then no other ship class can save their star either...

Fair is fair.. Problem is, its the current rules of Ranked...

 

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

100% agree. Honestly they shouldn't even be in any 'competitive' game mode at all. If they were included in Clan Battles, clan participation would drop big time I guarantee it.

  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,873 posts
21,364 battles

Ranked is not easy, especially when MM gives one team two 12km radars and the other gets zero. Plus add players that backed their way into the 6-10 bracket and to top it off you have CV's further ruining the experience and stealing stars from players that have busted their [edited]to play well. Our CV stole a star because he was being attacked.... How crappy is that?

dXudz1A.png

Edited by Waxing_Gibbous
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
548 posts
12,609 battles
26 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Ranked is not easy, especially when MM gives one team two 12km radars and the other gets zero. Plus add players that backed their way into the 6-10 bracket and to top it off you have CV's further ruining the experience and stealing stars from players that have busted their [edited]to play well. Our CV stole a star because he was being attacked.... How crappy is that?

dXudz1A.png

You picked one match.  Does this happen every match with a CV?  I bet I can take a picture off 2 BBs being top of their teams.  Should they also not be able to save a star?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,070
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

You picked one match.  Does this happen every match with a CV?  I bet I can take a picture off 2 BBs being top of their teams.  Should they also not be able to save a star?

His argument was...you know what, nevermind. You wouldn't understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,391
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,687 battles

Yes, someone put up the data last year showing that CVs roared through Ranked the fastest, precisely because the save a star more easily than anyone else. 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,873 posts
21,364 battles

Playing CV is easy, playing it well isn't...

Playing CV against 7 opponents is easier to manage than it is 12.

Simply staying alive and getting an extra  400 xp per game because your AI shoots down tons of planes should not dictate who saves a star. (BUT WAIT, here is the true genius of the CV player...…. you don't take any AA skills just buff your planes for attacking and you shoot down planes like they were tic tacs.)  Neither of these CV's would have been first if it wasn't for their baked in auto AA AI. Zero skill, just stealing XP . 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,020
[HINON]
Members
13,814 posts

O noes, one match means it's the end of the world. The horror, the horror. You do realize they already nerfed CV xp earnings across the board right?

 

VcFNB8q.gif

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,873 posts
21,364 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

O noes, one match means it's the end of the world. The horror, the horror. You do realize they already nerfed CV xp earnings across the board right?

 

VcFNB8q.gif

no where is that info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
664
[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,455 posts

Conversely DDs should lose a star if they die first in the first 5 minutes of gameplay regardless if the match results in a win. I mean really,  not understanding the DD class, dying quickly in hopes the rest of the team carries you to victory while you exit the battle and spam your collection of DDs in hopes the team carries you up the ranks?

Lame.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
853
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,510 posts
18,105 battles

I have always felt that if you lose the match, you lose the match; nobody gets to save a star. This prevents both carriers hiding the entire match, and battleships backing up to the edge of the map while farming damage, from keeping a star. Easy peasy.

Image result for easy peasy meme

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,873 posts
21,364 battles

Another thing that makes CV's in ranked detestable... almost all caps are spottable by a CV at all times. Was watching one CV... now get this, it's good..... his Hakuryu torps hadn't hit yet, still in the water and his fighters were incoming at 6km away.

Drop torps, F key, launch planes, and attack again in 20 seconds. Does anyone think that is right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
548 posts
12,609 battles

 

33 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

Playing CV is easy, playing it well isn't...

Playing CV against 7 opponents is easier to manage than it is 12.

Simply staying alive and getting an extra  400 xp per game because your AI shoots down tons of planes should not dictate who saves a star. (BUT WAIT, here is the true genius of the CV player...…. you don't take any AA skills just buff your planes for attacking and you shoot down planes like they were tic tacs.)  Neither of these CV's would have been first if it wasn't for their baked in auto AA AI. Zero skill, just stealing XP . 

 

If CVs are shooting planes down it means the enemy CV is attacking them which isn't the best use of their planes and hurting their team. I haven't had many matches with CV to make the few times one can save a star that big of a deal. 

Edited by Admiral_Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,873 posts
21,364 battles
15 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

 

If CVs are shooting planes down it means the enemy CV is attacking them which isn't the best use of their planes and hurting their team. I haven't had many matches with CV to make the few times one can save a star that big of a deal. 

In all PVP games and in ranked, it is easier for a CV to hide itself and be productive compared other types of ships? Yes? Of course yes....

Ask and CV player which AA skills they choose for their ship. You know the answer? None, zero, nada..... but they get the best AA in the game.

When all your team dies and you are alone ( as you have hidden all game) which type of ship can get to you the quickest and most often? A CV. That right boys and girls.

As you run away you shoot down dozens of planes garnering precious XP that you have no right to receive or earn...….

 

 

Is that fair? You spend zero modules or captains skills on AA but you get the best AA in the game. Best DCP in the game.....CV's have no business ruinng ranked play, as they aren't allowed in CB.

Many of us don't have the ability to play CB and this is our only chance at competitive play. It absolutely stinks that CV's are even more OP in this environment than normal. 

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,303
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,805 posts
12,982 battles

By that logic, neither should DDs that hide in stealth at the end of the match vomiting torpedoes at the other team while trying to run out the clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,303
[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,805 posts
12,982 battles
17 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

In all PVP games and in ranked, it is easier for a CV to hide itself and be productive compared other types of ships? Yes? Of course yes....

Ask and CV player which AA skills they choose for their ship. You know the answer? None, zero, nada..... but they get the best AA in the game.

When all your team dies and you are alone ( as you have hidden all game) which type of ship can get to you the quickest and most often? A CV. That right boys and girls.

As you run away you shoot down dozens of planes garnering precious XP that you have no right to receive or earn...….

 

 

Is that fair? You spend zero modules or captains skills on AA but you get the best AA in the game. Best DCP in the game.....CV's have no business ruinng ranked play, as they aren't allowed in CB.

Many of us don't have the ability to play CB and this is our only chance at competitive play. It absolutely stinks that CV's are even more OP in this environment than normal. 

A lot of CVs AA capabilities stems from the pre-rework era when WG buffed CV AA because they didn't like CV players trying to snipe each other at the start of the match. Believe me, as a CV player I'd be thrilled if striking other CVs wasn't so risky so I could contribute something beyond spotting assists at teh end of the match when CVs are all that's left afloat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,070
[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,429 battles
9 minutes ago, Learux said:

Very simple if you don't like the rules, don't play the game.

Unless you can lobby to change the rules. Which you can. So, I guess you can stop posting now?

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,576
[CYNIC]
Members
2,877 posts
7,366 battles
4 hours ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

They take no risk, yet chip away all game. And late game get tons of planes shot down to add to their XP. Just played a game where both CV's where top on their team and had more planes shot down that any other 4 players combined.

The more I think of CV's the more I despise them.

CVs have had their XP awards nerfed enough.  They need to be reverted to the previous iteration.

Certainly this game would qualify for loads of XP, right?  190k damage and 2 awards...

image.thumb.png.0b6a192ce55e9168ab3e0e487acea8dc.png

Yet...
 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d33de78710fcff685a9ebf1044dc87df.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,493
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,722 posts
24,990 battles
4 hours ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

They take no risk, yet chip away all game. And late game get tons of planes shot down to add to their XP. Just played a game where both CV's where top on their team and had more planes shot down that any other 4 players combined.

The more I think of CV's the more I despise them.

Aren't you going to put up some exaggerated screenshots to drive a false point like you did in your earlier thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
4 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

I have always felt that if you lose the match, you lose the match; nobody gets to save a star. This prevents both carriers hiding the entire match, and battleships backing up to the edge of the map while farming damage, from keeping a star. Easy peasy.

Right, because if it wasn't for saving a star CVs would instead yolo in and die for no reason?

The save-a-star mechanic is the only thing that keeps ranked from being absolutely intolerable. If they removed it and I got on one of those teams where the DDs die in the first 4 minutes, I would just charge in and die because it wouldn't be worth wasting my time playing out the match.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,908
[SYN]
Members
15,878 posts
12,803 battles

If your CV is saving its star, then it would have been a massive effort... or everyone else put in zero effort, because they are bots.

The XP nerf for CVs has made it much harder for CVs to save stars, so if they are saving it...

 

XP nerf of CVs is about the only correct thing WG did with the re:rework.

Edited by MrDeaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,817
[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,547 posts
10,122 battles
12 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

If your CV is saving its star, then it would have been a massive effort... or everyone else put in zero effort, because they are bots.

The XP nerf for CVs has made it much harder for CVs to save stars, so if they are saving it...

 

XP nerf of CVs is about the only correct thing WG did with the re:rework.

I'm glad you mentioned that, because its compiled now that across the board that CVs get to rank out much faster and save a star much easier in SPITE of this nerf.  

Go ahead, check around.  Multiple seasons with CVs have consistently shown this.

But you know, CVs are balanced, right?

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×