You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shrayes_Bhagavatula

Proposed Balance Changes to WoWs Ships

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,107 posts
4,792 battles

In light of some of the more questionable decisions that Wargaming has made in terms of balancing the game in the past year, I have decided to compile a list of balance changes that I believe could be made in order to keep the balance of power within the game

My proposed changes go as follows

American Destroyers

Stealth of Tier VI-X American Technology Tree Destroyers and Premium Destroyers (VI) Monaghan and (VII) Sims will improve by 0.1 to 0.2 kilometers across the board, when stock values are concerned

Farragut: 7.6km to 7.4km

Monaghan: 7.3km to 7.1km

Mahan: 7.7km to 7.5km

Sims: 7.6km to 7.4km

Benson: 7.4km to 7.3km

Fletcher: 7.5km to 7.4km

Gearing: 7.6km to 7.5km

This will slightly improve the stealth of American Destroyers in order to allow them to maintain concealment to a manageable level, at which they can contest their destroyer rivals at their respective tiers

(IX)Fletcher: HP increase from 13,900HP on stock hull to 14,300HP and from 17,100HP on top hull to 18,000HP, and reduction in reload time from 3.3 seconds to 3.1 seconds

(X)Gearing: HP increase from 19,400 to 20,100, increase of central plating from 21mm to 22mm, and reduction in reload time from 3.0 seconds to 2.9 seconds

These changes will allow the Fletcher and Gearing to survive longer under concentrated fire, especially with the upcoming HE Penetration rework, as well as serve to increase combat efficiency of these two ships

Japanese Torpedo Destroyers

Japanese Destroyer Akatsuki

- Type 90 mod 1 replaced with Type 93 mod 2 Torpedo with slower speed

- Main Gun Reload time reduced from 7.5 seconds to 6.5 seconds

Japanese Destroyer Kagero

- Main Gun Reload time reduced from 7.05 seconds to 6.05 seconds

-Concealment reduced from 6.8km to 6.6km

-Top hull HP increased from 15,100 to 16,100

Japanese Destroyer Yugumo

-Concealment reduced from 7.0km to 6.8km

-Aerial concealment reduced from 3.2km to 2.7km

-Type F3 Torpedo and Type 93 mod.3 Torpedoes swapped around in research tree

-Main gun reload reduced from 5.7 seconds to 5.4 seconds

-Top Hull HP increased from 15,500 to 16,800

Japanese Destroyer Shimakaze

-Concealment reduced from 7.1km to 6.9km

-Type 93 torpedo option modified ( now has 18km range, 20,667 points of damage, 413% flood chance, 65 knots of speed, and 2.5km detectability ) ( Changes to Type 93 torpedo will apply to ( X ) Yoshino )

-Main gun reload reduced from 5.7 seconds to 5 seconds

-Torpedo reload reduced by 2 seconds on all torpedo options

-HP increased from 17,900 to 18,400

All destroyers from Tier VII-X will have their speed increased by 0.5 knots

All destroyers from Tier VII-IX will have their torpedo reload time reduced by 3 seconds

Japanese Destroyers have had a difficult time escaping from newer opponents, such as the French Destroyers, Smolensk, Colbert, and others. These changes will allow them to maintain their concealment gap while also being more effective in an artillery or torpedo duel against other destroyers and cruisers.

German Destroyers

Reduction in reload times for (IX)Z-46 and (X) Z-52 from 4.0 seconds stock to 3.6 seconds, eduction in reload time of (VIII)Z-23 150mm gun option from 6.7 seconds to 6.3 seconds, and decreased arming time (0.015 seconds) for all German VII to X DDs

Increase in damage of Torpedoes on Tier IX-X Destroyers from 14,400 damage to 15,500 damage

This will allow the high-tier German Destroyers to maintain competitiveness against destroyers who boast a higher rate of fire or higher damage torpedoes

British Light Cruisers

Increase of minimum plating of British Light cruisers from 16mm to 19mm

Reduction of heal efficiency from 2.0%/sec to 1.75%/sec

Reduction in reload time of (VIII) Edinburgh main battery from 7.5 seconds to 7.0 seconds

Reduction in reload time of (IX) Neptune main battery from 4.8 seconds to 4.7 seconds

The British light cruisers boast incredible survivability thanks to a powerful Repair Party Consumable. The efficiency of the consumable will be reduced, but the plating of British Cruisers will be increased in order to counteract High-Explosive Damage and give a chance to ricochet Heavy-Cruiser Caliber Armor Piercing Shells up to 240mm in caliber

German Battleships

Sigma Rating of all VIII-X German Battleships will be increased from 1.8 to 1.825

Secondary Battery Firing Range of VIII-X German Battleships will increase by 0.3km stock

Secondary Battery Dispersion of VIII-X German Battleships will decrease from 177m to 135m stock

Reload time of 128mm guns on (X) Grosser Kurfurst will decrease from 4.0 seconds to 3.6 seconds

Reduction in reload time of 150mm guns on (IX) Friedrich Der Grosse and (X) Grosser Kurfurst will decrease from 7.5 seconds to 6 seconds

Increase of central deck armor of (X) Grosser Kurfurst from 50mm to 70mm

German Battleships demonstrated far inferior combat efficiency to other battleships within their respective tiers, as well as having lost providence of the exclusively powerful secondary battery artillery systems. These changes will serve to restore that balance against the equally powerful American Premium Battleships (VIII) Massachussets, (IX) Georgia, and (X) Ohio

Russian Battleships

Reduction in Sigma Value of (IX) Sovetsky Soyuz from 1.8 to 1.75

Reduction in Sigma Value of (X) Kremlin from 1.85 to 1.8

Reduction in Deck armor of Tier IX-X Russian Battleships to 55mm

Reduction in HP Values of All Russian Tech Tree Battleships by 3%

With their impressive armor, powerful weaponry, a fast cooldown damage control party and impressive anti-aircraft defenses, the Russian Battleships had virtually no flaws in them whatsoever, apart from a weak broadside. These changes will serve to properly balance Russian Battleships to match the combat efficiency of other Battleships

French Battleships

French Battleship (X) Republique will receive Bourgognes engine boost consumable (8 percent to 15 Percent)

French Battleships Tier VIII to X will receive a 35mm deck

Sigma of French Battleship (IX) Alsace will increase from 1.6 to 1.65

These changes will mitigate a large amount of High Explosive Penetration damage that these battleships normally take during the course of a battle

British Battleships

All British Battleship AP fuse timers from Tier  to X will be set to 0.0225 seconds

British Battleship (VIII) Monarch will receive an HP buff on stock and top Hull by 1500HP and 1300HP respectively

British Battleship Lion with the 419mm guns, and Conqueror will have it's HE shell damage reduced from 7200 to 6600, and fire chance reduced from 48 percent to 46 percent 

The British Battleships largely promoted a backline HE Firing mode of playstyle. These changes will promote aggressiveness and more flexibility with ammo types

UNIVERSAL BATTLESHIP REPAIR PARTY CONSUMABLE COOLDOWN (EXCEPT IX-X UK)

All Battleship Repair party consumables will now have a 90 second / 70 second cooldown, instead of modified cooldowns. The UK Battleships Lion and Conqueror will not receive this change, as their repair party efficiency far exceeds all other repair parties. U.S Battleships (VIII) Massachussets, (IX) Georgia, and (X) Ohio, will now receive the standard USN BB heal instead of the fast cooldown heal previously found

High Explosive Changes

All shells less than 139mm in caliber will have their maximum fire chance capped at 8 percent 

All shells between 139 and 180mm capped at a maximum of 12 percent

All shells between 181mm and 240mm capped at 17 percent.

All shells between 241mm and 305mm capped at 22 percent

All shells between 306mm and 380mm capped at 38 percent, and all shells larger than that capped at a maximum of 55 percent. 

Demolition expert will allow these shells to cross that threshold, but every percent of that threshold crossed will cause the shells to lose 1mm of HE penetration

SAP Shells are unaffected

These changes will serve to reduce the overall combat efficiency of High Explosive reliant ships, such as Smolensk and Colbert.

Basic and Advanced Firing Training Skills

Basic Firing Training will increase the rate of fire by 8.75 percent for shells below 129mm in caliber, and 6.5 percent for all shells between 130mm and 139mm in caliber

Advanced Firing Training Skill will increase the range of guns less than 129mm in caliber by 15 percent, and the range of all guns between 130mm and 139mm by 10 percent

These changes will serve to mitigate the power of High Explosive Reliant ships with smaller caliber guns

If you have any comments, questions, or outrage, please direct them towards me in the comments. I'll be waiting

Peace!

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
11,905 posts
19,455 battles

Changes look a little biased...

Your ideas have fatal flaws with the current conditions in place...

I do not recommend Gun rang reduction for CL's... Their guns can't/wont even tickle must heavy cruisers/BBs]

Also BB HP is not the issue... The issue is the limited threats they face... Of those limited threats, must are disproportional. 

Increasing Detection ranges of cruisers will only add to the passive play style already in existence.. It will radically change the way the ships play their role in game.

Based on what I see,

• You want cruisers to be seen by fellow cruisers/BB
  • Then you want US DDs to have more concealment from cruisers
  • While lowering BB HP while ignoring the problem of IFHE nerfs to other ships, BUFFING their gun capabilities in the process.
    • Any tier 10 BB have no flaws. I dont like the math tilting to their favor even more
  • AND buffing CD yet again....

Well, the good news is.. WOWS is moving to a one ordnance platform. Once you move or tilt the scale to one ordnance AND one ship class dominated platform...

I will start to think that is a very bad idea for the long run...

GL

[GRAVE]
Members
1,407 posts
19,813 battles
53 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Farragut: 7.6km to 7.4km

Monaghan: 7.3km to 7.1km

Mahan: 7.7km to 7.5km

Sims: 7.6km to 7.4km

those would be nice, although T8 on up they get 5.8km stealth, so 200m puts them at 5.6, dangerously close to Japanese torpboat range, and legendary Gearing would out spot shima.

54 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

IX)Fletcher: HP increase from 13,900HP on stock hull to 14,700HP and from 17,100HP on top hull to 18,500HP, and reduction in reload time from 3.3 seconds to 3.1 seconds

(X)Gearing: HP increase from 19,400 to 20,600, increase of central plating from 21mm to 22mm, and reduction in reload time from 3.0 seconds to 2.8 seconds

I really don't see this happening either

55 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Reduction in reload times for (IX)Z-46 and (X) Z-52 from 4.0 seconds stock to 3.6 seconds, eduction in reload time of (VIII)Z-23 150mm gun option from 6.7 seconds to 6.3 seconds, and increase in firing range for all Tier VI-X German Destroyers by 6%

Increase in damage of Torpedoes on Tier IX-X Destroyers from 14,400 damage to 15,500 damage

the torp damage buff would be nice, but I think quarter pen HE or shorter fuse AP so it can arm on DDs would be better gun buffs

57 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Russian Light Cruisers and Heavy Cruisers, including Mikhail Kutuzov, Smolensk, Stalingrad, and Moskva

Firing Range of all VI-X Russian Light Cruisers will be decreased by 3.5% 

Firing range of (X) Alexsander Nevsky will be reduced from 19.1km to 17.1km, and reload time will be increased from 6.0 seconds to 6.5 seconds

Detection Range of (VIII) Tallinn, (IX) Riga, and (X) Petropavlovsk will be increased by 7.5%

Removal of Surveillance Radar consumable from (X) Moskva

Reload time of (X) Smolensk will be increased from 4.5 seconds to 5.0 seconds

Reload time of (X) Stalingrad will be increased from 20 seconds to 22 seconds

Range of (VIII) Mikhail Kutuzov will be decreased from 19.1km to 17.5km

most of those haven't even entered testing yet, so things could change.

Also, Smolensk, Moskva, Stalingrad, and Kutuzov are unlikely to be changed

59 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

German Battleships

I don't see these happening either

Reduction in Sigma Value of (X) Kremlin from 1.85 to 1.8

wish granted, coming in patch 9.2

Reduction in Deck armor of VIII-X Russian Battleships to 55mm from Tier VII-X

uhh, Sinop and Vlad have no more than 40mm decks

1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

UNIVERSAL BATTLESHIP REPAIR PARTY CONSUMABLE COOLDOWN (EXCEPT IX-X UK)

not happening

Members
1,107 posts
4,792 battles

These are just my opinions.

Though I considered the 1/4 HE Pen on the German DDs would let them pen 32mm without IFHE, which is just plain broken.

I actually agree with the stealth of the Benson, Fletcher and Gearing being too much with that change. Ill consider reducing it to 0.1 km

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Those detection changes on the US DDs are pretty bad unless you also buff IJN DDs' concealment to match. 

[PVE]
Members
7,234 posts
23,080 battles

My Gearing says YES!!! (-: (-: (-: (-: Now if I can just get a double strike in my Gearing w/Halsey & it's UU & these changes :-) :-) :-) :-)

But my sense of game balance says these aren't balance changes as they don't take into account the imbalance they would cause...especially to IJN DDs which have become just as power crept as the US DDs (not that Gearing in the right hands is power crept...just mine is due to lack of play time available lately).

• Cool 1

Members
1,107 posts
4,792 battles

I also included my changes to Japanese DDs as well. I would like to hear your feedback about these changes as well!

P.S: Ship Opinions Volume 9 comes out this Weekend. Guess which RU BB it is

here's a few hints

No Polting around

Lenin is in his grave

***OP

That should be enough hint, I suppose

Members
1,739 posts
11,677 battles

The only IJN DD that needs a concealment buff is akatsuki, the only USN DD that need concealment buffs are farragut, mahan, sims. Big fat no to most of your other DD buffs as well. What IJN DD need are torps that aren't spotted from the moon, what KM DD need is AP that works.

• Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
1,292 posts
4,040 battles
10 hours ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

German Battleships

Sigma Rating of all VIII-X German Battleships will be increased from 1.8 to 1.825

Secondary Battery Firing Range of VIII-X German Battleships will increase by 0.3km stock

Secondary Battery Dispersion of VIII-X German Battleships will decrease from 177m to 135m stock

Reload time of 128mm guns on (X) Grosser Kurfurst will decrease from 4.0 seconds to 3.6 seconds

Reduction in reload time of 150mm guns on (IX) Friedrich Der Grosse and (X) Grosser Kurfurst will decrease from 7.5 seconds to 6 seconds

Increase of central deck armor of (X) Grosser Kurfurst from 50mm to 70mm

German Battleships demonstrated far inferior combat efficiency to other battleships within their respective tiers, as well as having lost providence of the exclusively powerful secondary battery artillery systems. These changes will serve to restore that balance against the equally powerful American Premium Battleships (VIII) Massachussets, (IX) Georgia, and (X) Ohio

Improving both the dispersion and reload speed of German secondaries is probably too much.  Remember, too, that these mounts (128 and 150mm) will receive penetration buffs if the IFHE rework goes through.  The current model for German secondaries is one of lower(ish) DPM, but high penetration, which makes them efficient at applying their damage across a broad range of targets.  The Ohio's secondaries are very effective against battleships and destroyers, but drops when facing cruisers unless the captain takes IFHE.  German secondaries outright murder most cruisers, but even I digress as anti-cruiser performance is less important than anti-DD/BB (hello high caliber BB guns!).

I think one of the real issues preventing further buffs to German secondaries is their IFHE ~potential~ performance.  Against an Amagi @ 8km, the Bismarck's DPM skyrockets from about 7300dpm to 14,800dpm (that doesn't include fires), whereas the Massachusetts stays put at ~9300dpm in the same scenario as taking IFHE doesn't cross any important anti-BB thresholds.  This makes for an awkward situation as German secondaries are balanced not just by their average performance, but by their ceiling potential.  The Amagi is a very, very ideal target for German IFHE secondary performance, but it's a good indicator of what the ceiling is for secondary damage output.  And, it's pretty nutter butter.

Bismarck's main problem with her secondaries is her extremely poor firing angles.  Seriously, if you want to improve the effectiveness of this ship in this regard, the firing angles are precisely what you need to address.  She's got the DPM, she's got the penetration, but because of the very poor firing angles, her secondaries remain idle most of the time.  This is compared to the Massachusetts which has extremely GOOD firing angles, and they're always firing.  The Bismarck also has a bug where her rear two 105mm mounts don't fire over top the 150mm mount below it.  The Tirpitz doesn't have this bug, but she still suffers from awkwardly poor firing angles, too. 

You can see this in action below.

• Cool 1