You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SK66_2019

CV-DD interaction

56 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
1,319 battles

i'm just really sad at wg's response to the DD-CV interaction issue (rocket planes, getting half healthed by one salvo Etc.), they just say "get good. "  Now I'm a big fan of Zoup, and i saw his video on the topic, but when i had this one match where i was getting constantly harassed by rockets, and almost died without even getting to the enemy fleet, that just made me sad about the current state of the game. With RU bias, and the Nerf that killed Italian cruisers, it's just hard to play without getting angry.

- a rant from a very angry player.

• Boring 1

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts

In the most recent Reddit Q&A WG said they are going to talking internally about the DD/CV interaction and decide if something should be done.  Hold tight, maybe some help will come.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,802 battles
1 hour ago, SK66_2019 said:

i'm just really sad at wg's response to the DD-CV interaction issue (rocket planes, getting half healthed by one salvo Etc.), they just say "get good. "  Now I'm a big fan of Zoup, and i saw his video on the topic, but when i had this one match where i was getting constantly harassed by rockets, and almost died without even getting to the enemy fleet, that just made me sad about the current state of the game. With RU bias, and the Nerf that killed Italian cruisers, it's just hard to play without getting angry.

I think "interaction" is the wrong word … 

I'm sure there's a legal term for involuntary intercourse :)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,266 battles
29 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I'm sure there's a legal term for involuntary intercourse :)

According to Jingles it's called surprise butsex; and always better to give than receive.

• Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

In the most recent Reddit Q&A WG said they are going to talking internally about the DD/CV interaction and decide if something should be done.  Hold tight, maybe some help will come.

I hope so, DDs sink my CVs a lot more than I sink them.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

The only thing WG can do to fix this is remove rockets. It's that simple.

Anything else they do (like giving all DD's some special DFAA type skill) would just be temporary until the skill is on cooldown then come the rockets.

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I hope so, DDs sink my CVs a lot more than I sink them.

CVs with 70% survival rates, are sunk more often than DD, that get flat out hard countered by CVs.  Its stuff like this is why no one has respect for your opinion. 

• Cool 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

CVs with 70% survival rates, are sunk more often than DD, that get flat out hard countered by CVs.  Its stuff like this is why no one has respect for your opinion. 

Be careful when using universals. It's not just CVs that sink DDs. I play DDs more than any other ship type. My most-played ship is the Gearing. I can only recall a handful of times I've been sunk by CVs in it. Most of the time it's a cruiser that will sink me.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Members
224 posts
6,093 battles
2 hours ago, SK66_2019 said:

Good point, under no circumstances should a CV, a BB or a CA harm a DD in any way, shape or form. After all it was the DDs that were the capital ships during WW II and all the CVs, BBs and CAs were just support ships like tankers and freighters. How about a change where if a DD player clicks on any red non DD ship not only does it disappear but the other player's account gets deleted. Would that finally be enough for the DD Mafia or would they want the bank to seize their home as well?

Oh wait, its an arcade game. I forgot. Sorry my bad.

Pac-man.png.420309b2f2a893481423a8cbc0e46691.png

• Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
16,267 battles

Rockets are just silly. They're freaking nukes. Press a button and poof there goes 1/4 to 1/3 of a DD's health.

Nerf rockets.

• Cool 1

[GOOF]
Members
773 posts
6,464 battles

I think the funny thing is WG answer to CV DD issue is nerf cruiser damage ifhe

Lol

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
27 minutes ago, GoldDust2015 said:

Good point, under no circumstances should a CV, a BB or a CA harm a DD in any way, shape or form. After all it was the DDs that were the capital ships during WW II and all the CVs, BBs and CAs were just support ships like tankers and freighters. How about a change where if a DD player clicks on any red non DD ship not only does it disappear but the other player's account gets deleted. Would that finally be enough for the DD Mafia or would they want the bank to seize their home as well?

:cap_like::Smile_veryhappy:

I play DDs a lot, and am hunted by CVs a lot, but I've learned how to deal with them. Recently, a thread was started that reviewed all of the things DDs could do in order to handle CVs. It would be in the best interest of all DD players to review these tactics. However, people like to whine more than they like to learn.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
3 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Not pictured is the DD being deflowered. This is a family friendly site after all.

iuNZN4ZHGC.jpg

When you put something in the game that wasn't technically used in WWII you will get the whine "Balans -- it's not authentic."

When you put something in the game that was used in WWII you will get the whine "Balans -- it's just an arcade game."

[SBS]
Members
6,123 posts
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Be careful when using universals. It's not just CVs that sink DDs. I play DDs more than any other ship type. My most-played ship is the Gearing. I can only recall a handful of times I've been sunk by CVs in it. Most of the time it's a cruiser that will sink me.

I'm not convinced what you are saying is actually true.  I think its more likely your bias clouding your perception.  Even if it were true, in your particular case, you know CVs sink far more DDs than vice versa.  I don't know the ratio, but I would be surprised if its 10 to 1, possibly more.  That's why your post is disingenuous.  That is common from you, that's why I said no one has respect for your opinion.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

no one has respect for your opinion.

That's the universal I'm talking about. In very few instances can you make a universal statement that is actually true. For instance, you can't truthfully say "all crows are black" because there have been documented instances of albino crows. What you should say is that you, specifically, don't have any respect for my opinion or use the qualifier "almost." However, since I have over 5500 "likes," I'm not too concerned that you, personally, don't like what I post because there are quite a few others that obviously do.  

• Cool 2

[A-I-M]
Members
3,685 posts
23,759 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

Yep, the context of Sub_Octavian's comments implies that this will be in favor of the DD. 

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,001 posts
12,470 battles
51 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

The only thing WG can do to fix this is remove rockets. It's that simple.

I heard on one of Notser's YouTube videos, WG is experimenting with the removal of slingshot from squadrons. What that means is CVs can't attack you for 8 seconds after the last attack.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,680 battles
2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I hope so. In my last four Random matches three had only 1 DD. 

WG wants this. They have never liked DDs, and here is their dream. With fewer DDs, Confederate, Hi Cal, Solo Warrior, and Kraken, all more difficult because ships are larger and the damage pool bigger. The CV itself with its high survival rate and large health pool also reduces the possibility of those four, since basically there are only 11 ships to comprise one of those achievements, instead of 12.

I just don't see them changing this.

[WOLFJ]
Members
976 posts
4,702 battles

Has anyone discussed the possibility of enlarging the dispersion area for rockets?, that would make them less accurate and therefore less damage would be taken by a DD but for larger vessels it would remain pretty much the same.

Members
424 posts
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

:cap_like::Smile_veryhappy:

I play DDs a lot, and am hunted by CVs a lot, but I've learned how to deal with them. Recently, a thread was started that reviewed all of the things DDs could do in order to handle CVs. It would be in the best interest of all DD players to review these tactics. However, people like to whine more than they like to learn.

Your earlier post said your most played DD is the Gearing.  So, you deal well with a CV in one of the best DDs for AA, and so a DD the CV will target less than DDs with poor AA.  Got it.  I could say the same for my Kidd and Gearing.  But, not one bit apples to apples to DDs with weak AA, like IJN DDs, now is it.

Edited by nhf

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,466 posts
9,751 battles

DDs sink my CVs a lot more than I sink them.

That's pretty sad

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,713 posts
18 minutes ago, nhf said:

Your earlier post said your most played DD is the Gearing.  So, you deal well with a CV in one of the best DDs for AA, and so a DD the CV will target less than DDs with poor AA.  Got it.  I could say the same for my Kidd and Gearing.  But, not one bit apples to apples to DDs with weak AA, like IJN DDs, now is it.

It is true that one of the ways to deal with CVs is to drive a ship that they will avoid. When I'm playing a CV,  I tend to steer clear of the Grozovois, Kidds, and Frieslands. An AA-spec'd Gearing is a force to reckon with too.  Just about any of the "gunship" DDs will do significant damage to your squadrons. What makes hunting them especially difficult is that by the time you spot them it's too late to set up an attack run so you have to wheel around and anticipate where they will be once they appear again. Those DDs that keep their AA on all the time are easy to find but those who judiciously turn it on and off are both hard to find and dangerous to your planes. The DDs I seem to sink most are those on low health. I sink quite a few unseen ones in smoke with aerial torpedoes but I do the same with my DDs and torpedo cruisers too. Some DD players haven't gotten the message yet that smoke doesn't shield you from torpedoes.  

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,838 posts
17,380 battles

When you put something in the game that wasn't technically used in WWII you will get the whine "Balans -- it's not authentic."

When you put something in the game that was used in WWII you will get the whine "Balans -- it's just an arcade game."

You know what that red DD could do in that situation? Two things...

1 -  nothing

2 -  like it

[CLRN]
Members
598 posts
122 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Ofc. But me personally, i dont care about anything else when i play DDs. Its fine even if there is 7 radars in enemy team. Because i can dodge shells, i can juke them. I can bait radar.

But CVs? There is no dodging or juking the CV. 

When i play my DDs, i would rather have 10 radars in enemy team than one freaking CV.

Edited by ghostbuster_
  • Cool 3