Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vallonzek

kracken!

11 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,906 posts
16,566 battles

Congrats!

I don't think achievements, such as Kraken Unleashed, do much for earnings.  Therefore, I don't think having flag boosts would have increased your earnings much (silver or XP).

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,781 posts
20,259 battles

Grats! The first kraken is always memorable.

[RLGN]
Members
15,161 posts
26,798 battles
38 minutes ago, Lert said:

Grats! The first kraken is always memorable.

Not so much that; as my first Solo Warrior... (Old T6 Cleaveland, Standard on Neighbors, We started NW, and I mostly circled around to the SE.)

(La, la, la... Guess I’ll follow that battleship... Oh, a destroyer, (shoots,) They sank each other... Guess I’ll go to the Red’s cap? It looks open... La, la, la... capping, capping... ACK?!? OUR TEAM IS WIPED OUT?!? I’M ALL THAT’S LEFT?!? (Here comes the Reds full Ryujo air group...I’M DOO... Oh wait, I’m in an undamaged Cleveland... (buzzsaw sound effects as DFAA activates...) One hit? Maybe? The pilots must have been blinded by my Candycane Camo. Timer = 00:00, victory jingle plays... Huh? Wut? Solo Warrior? We won?!?)

1 hit on a destroyer, 12 planes shot down, = first Solo Warrior.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,718 posts
1 hour ago, vallonzek said:

i had to go down to T4 for it, but i finally got my first kracken!  of course i had no flags on for it lol

46fc166ecca5833001d2f34454ab1480.jpg
https://gyazo.com/46fc166ecca5833001d2f34454ab1480

Congrats! I watch the likes of Flambass and wonder at the way he seems to get Kraken after Kraken. They are rare events for most of us and something to be proud of.

[TAFFY]
Members
136 posts

thanks all!

that was in T4 russian DD, then i switched up to the T5 (podvoisky) and i can't seem to get the hang of it... yet

[ARGSY]
Members
22,308 posts
16,251 battles
9 hours ago, vallonzek said:

so on my next battle, i flag up, and detonate lol

wrong flags!

Congratulations on your Kraken.

You have learned a valuable lesson: when flagged up to the max for XP, cash or whatever, always load Juliet Charlie.

Most of my detonations have been from such low health that the salvo would have killed me anyway, but you never know when it's going to be from a much higher health that you might otherwise have survived.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,659 posts
8,733 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Most of my detonations have been from such low health that the salvo would have killed me anyway, but you never know when it's going to be from a much higher health that you might otherwise have survived.

One of my earliest Tier VIII Random battles... I was in Monarch... saw a Benson slipping away behind an island. This was the first couple minutes of the match, and he was running away from the 1 v 1 DD fight in the cap. He hadn't even taken more than a few hits (and none of the other ships on either team had engaged) but he decided he didn't want to tangle with our DD. I couldn't get my guns onto him in time before he popped smoke, and he was pretty far out to hit a DD with a battleship, but I figured I'd aim where I thought he was heading and fling some shells at him anyway, even though I had AP loaded, since I'd be reloaded by the time I had another chance to shoot something.

Fired into smoke at a DD angling behind an island.

BANG.

Detonation.

We have sunk an enemy destroyer!

Pure hilarity. Both teams went nuts in chat.

Never done it again, and doubt it'll ever happen again.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

Sign in to follow this