You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

I need a new mouse.

27 comments in this topic

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

Folks, my trusty 'ol Logitech G500, which I've been using since 2007, is showing signs of going belly up. Getting a replacement would be pretty pricey since Logitech discontinued it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement? I dont want wireless and not one that requires installing software, just a decent gaming mouse that I can just plug in and use, like the G500.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,833 battles

You wouldn't happen to have your cursor teleporting only while playing, would you? I've been having that issue as of yesterday, but only while playing this thus far.

[WKY12]
Members
802 posts
12,909 battles

Not sure how it works without software but the Razer Deathadder Elite is a fabulous mouse. I have an old one and still prefer it over others I have bought recently. I can't kill the thing and it feels good in the hand.

[TBW]
Members
10,730 posts
18,435 battles
8 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Folks, my trusty 'ol Logitech G500, which I've been using since 2007, is showing signs of going belly up. Getting a replacement would be pretty pricey since Logitech discontinued it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement? I dont want wireless and not one that requires installing software, just a decent gaming mouse that I can just plug in and use, like the G500.

How about a Logitech G500.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G500-Programmable-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B002J9GDXI

Then there is The Logitech G502 Hero.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G502-Performance-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B07GBZ4Q68/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,571 posts
4,223 battles

I picked this up last summer. Was walking through Best Buy and this one fit perfectly in my hand. Simple, solid, does what I need. And it was plug and play. I think there's software you can install to customize the lights if you want, but I haven't (you can turn the lights off manually) and it works great. Definitely can recommend. Very solid feel.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/fnatic-flick-2-pro-wired-optical-gaming-mouse-black/6212819.p?skuId=6212819

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,134 posts
4,766 battles
25 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Look on ebay.  There is all sorts of older stuff for good prices. 

When I found a mouse I liked (IBM Optical Navigator) I bought six since they were on closeout.

Cheez:  They're proud of their mouses!  But there is a repair kit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G500-G500S-Mice-Repair-kits-Micro-Switch-Cherry-Mouse-Feet-Skate/174141563209?hash=item288ba56149:g:RO4AAOSwyKtbC5t2

and other parts.  What's wrong with it?

Edited by iDuckman

[WORX]
Members
11,926 posts
19,472 battles
1 hour ago, ReddNekk said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement?

One mouse you should never buy is the optic mouse from HP...

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

I use the Logitech MX 518. The only reason I needed to install the software was I programed the 2 side buttons to switch back & forth between guns & torpedoes. I did not need to install the software to use the mouse.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,163 posts
22,715 battles

I us steel series mice and not the high end ones either. You really only need the software to create game profiles and manage the RGB stuff. The 301 was on sale for $34.

[WOLFD]
Members
421 posts
3,712 battles

I'm using a MSI gaming series. No complaints. Not wireless, but the cord is long enough to plug it into my neighbors rig from here.

[APEZ]
Members
1,496 posts
9,380 battles

Do you prefer claw grip or palm?  Palm is more like a FPS game mouse, but usually only two buttons on the side.  A good cheap mouse is the G203 Prodigy, also G300S has four buttons on top which is nice but its claw grip I think.  Steel series 310 is also good, Corsair makes great stuff.

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[WPORT]
Members
7,109 posts
12,084 battles
3 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I use ....
"Logitech Trackman Marble Mouse"
Here's a link
https://www.newegg.com/logitech-910-000806-trackman-marble/p/N82E16826104249

[BIG-7]
Beta Testers
394 posts
12,996 battles

I agree with the above,  Razer Death Adder.  I have been using mine for years, and have turned a lot of friends onto it.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,714 posts
4 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I use a Logitech M500. I'm on my second one as I used the first so much I wore holes in the plastic. They are $25 on Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-M500-Corded-Mouse-Hyper-Fast/dp/B002B3YCQM/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=m500+mouse&qid=1582854567&s=electronics&sr=1-3

If you want more bells and whistles then the you might look into the G502.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G502-Performance-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B07GBZ4Q68/ref=sxin_1_ac_d_pm?ac_md=3-1-QmV0d2VlbiAkNDAgYW5kICQxMDA%3D-ac_d_pm&cv_ct_cx=gaming+mouse+logitech&keywords=gaming+mouse+logitech&pd_rd_i=B07GBZ4Q68&pd_rd_r=8ba94ae2-e5bf-4114-9463-909f72c7e20a&pd_rd_w=GmlCf&pd_rd_wg=5Sqaq&pf_rd_p=0e223c60-bcf8-4663-98f3-da892fbd4372&pf_rd_r=YEVFA9N0QZRVDM99DDX1&psc=1&qid=1582854721&s=electronics

Edited by Snargfargle

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
5 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

g600.

[PHD]
Members
1,740 posts
7,125 battles
1 hour ago, _Guest_ said:

I agree with the above,  Razer Death Adder.  I have been using mine for years, and have turned a lot of friends onto it.

I got one too and I like it. But the main kink for me is I use a left handed one.

Members
843 posts
4,679 battles

If all you play is WOWS, get a heavier mouse.

I had a 120g G903 before it developed some issues and I got a warranty replacement G Pro Wireless that's 80g and I found I had to hold the G Pro harder because it had a tendency to drift and move around when double clicking for salvos. When firing at long range before I got used to it, I would sometimes miss salvos because the aimpoint would move.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

Thanks folks! I saw a brand new G500 on Amazon and decided to grab it. It's pricey but if it lasts even half as long as the one I have now, it'll be worth it. 

• Cool 1